September 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by ladyak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scrubs so far. It works really good! The other ones I've used had thicker granulation, but this one is really smooth and feels great on the skin. It almost doesn't feel like a scrub at all but it really does work. It leaves my skin smooth, feeling clean and without any redness at all, with other brands I always end up with red cheeks and nose from scrubbing... My skin is really sensitive, but this formula works pretty well. (Is hypoallergenic, non comedogenic and no parabens). The smell is ok, kind of like a green tea Mochi ball.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I love this Green Tea Face scrub. I use it about 1-2X a week when taking a bath. That way I get really good exfoliation as the hot water and steam hits my face. I really appreciate that the product has no parabens; natural green tea is the way to go. I think that the smell is really pleasant. The scrub makes my face feel soft and clean without too much of a drying effect. When I have an acne breakout, I use this product to dry it out in a calming fashion.

The formula is smooth. And the granules are much smaller than the St Ives Apricot scrub formula, which I use only on my body. Highly recommend this product. And I will repurchase, though I want to try the Burt's Bees Honey Scrub or Yes to Carrots Tomato Scrub after I finish this tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

Pretty satisfied with this product, I must say. I find it SO hard to find skincare products that actually work for me (my skin is weird ugh) and I kinda just randomly picked this scrub out in the supermarket because the 'green tea' appeal, hoping it won't break me out and it will at least work somehow. And yay, it did! However, this scrub needs to be used with care and it's really not for everyone. My sister who also has quite acne-prone skin didn't like this as it made her skin quite red and raw. I tried using this almost everyday and it made my skin red, raw, dried my skin out and just didn't work. Currently, I don't wash my face daily except with water and I use this scrub twice a week with daily tea tree oil ointment and my skin is decent enough haha. It keeps my skin from being too oily and I feel like I will actually get more breakouts if I stop using it altogether! I'm also currently up to my second tube of this scrub too. I don't highly recommend it for everyone honestly, but I do recommend giving it a try! It's quite cheap anyway so if your skin doesn't like it, I guess you won't lose so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my must-have skincare products! I have very sensitive skin with a lot of redness/rosacea on my cheeks. Almost every scrub or exfoliating product is too harsh for my skin, including the Clarisonic... even with the delicate brush head.

I decided to pick this up based on a review I saw on Nouveau Cheap.. this is one of her HG face products so I figured I'd try it.

I'm so in love! This makes my skin feel soft, clean, and is not at all harsh or drying. I use this about 2 or 3 times a week and it keeps my skin looking nice and healthy. It claims to reduce redness, and I can definitely say that I've seen a difference in the redness on my cheeks after using this.

The consistency is very smooth, almost gel like. It has very fine micro-particles, yet it lathers like an actual face cleanser. The smell is very fresh, almost fruity, but I can still detect the tea scent in there.

Overall, if you are someone with extremely sensitive skin and struggle to find an exfoliator that is gentle enough, this might be it for you! I highly recommend trying it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! the beads are sooo fine and it feels pretty gentle. the smell is so good. and it cleans my skin very well without any harsh chemicals! definitely recommend this for anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the apricot one so I wanted to try other products from St. Ives and since I love green tea, I picked this up! However, it was a disappointment. I don't like the scent, and my face doesn't feel like it's been scrubbed... I think it's too weak to be called a scrub. And it's kinda difficult to rinse off. I always get little bit of the product left on my face somewhere and I don't like that feeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have seen some improvement in my skin since I have used this facial scrub. I have not been breaking out and my acne scars have been fading. I love how this facial scrub leaves my skin feeling so clean, soft and fresh! I also love that the tiny beads aren't abrasive either! Love it! I recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product makes my skin soo soft and so glowy! It just dries my cheeks out a little bit. It smells ok, and it kind of helps pimples. The grainy stuff gets stuck in eyebrows though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Tinaciouslee

I've always used St. Ives' Apricot scrub and I have to agree, I've seen gentler foot scrubs out there than St. I'ves' old face scrubs. The granules are so big and abrasive, the product was better off used on the feet, not on the face. But the new Green Tea face scrub is AH-MAZING! St. Ives really knocked this one out of the park!

The tiny granules are so densely packed, the product is almost creamy in consistency. I really have to stare at the mirror for a while each time I use it because I get such a glow! II love everything about it, from the texture down to the scent!

I highly recommend this product especially for women who were turned off by St' Ives' old Apricot scrub in the past, they did a great job on this one! I wish St. Ives would reformulate their existing Apricot scrubs similar to this new product. I will repurchase this product again and again, it's my HG scrub now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this product numerous times. We have a tube in every shower in our house. My teenage kids use it as do my husband and I. I love this for its exfoliating properties and gentleness to the skin. While I think it helps somewhat with breakouts, I wouldn't rely on this solely to combat moderate Acne. I think it is best used in conjunction with other acne fighting products. I have used this as a mask on my face for a few minutes and then massage in and rinse. Leaves my skin looking fresh and clean and the salicylic acid helps with cell turnover. This is definitely worth a try for anyone who would like a mild exfoliation and acne help. I dont usually repeat buy products but this one is a must!!!