Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Boron Nitride, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Carmine/CI 75470, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891]

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I went into the store solely to buy the WnW trio in walking on eggshells. Out of the old palettes, the WnW Egyptian Sands was on of my favorites, and it is probably the only e/s I have completely used up in YEARS - being the product junkie that I am... and Walking on Eggshells is supposed to be nearly the same thing. Well, this one caught my eye instead, and I thought the pink would be something fun and different, as I usually stick to straight up nude/neutral shades.

I had high expectations to begin with. I personally think WnW has some of the best quality eye shadows out there overall. The fact that they are cheap are just another perk - but honestly, I would buy them regardless. & this trio did not dissapoint.

I found it to be very smooth and easy to work with, however they are so soft that you have to be careful with storage because they crack so easily, and they can really be dusty and leave a lot of fall out. They are also pretty pigmented. The pink is sort of sheer, but I like that, since I am not comfortable wearing bright colors on a daily basis (for work and such). The crease color, on the other hand, is really pigmented. Shockingly so. Sometimes I forget and it goes on really dark - way darker then I would expect. However, its not really too much of an issue because it blends really easily and nicely. The highlight shade is perfect.

The only thing I can find to complain about, really, is that it is very shimmery and it really needs a matte shadow to tone it down a bit. If this came in a quad with a matte such as brulee, then it would be PERFECT.

I pretty much wear it as directed: I pack the pink onto the lid, blend the grease color into the crease and with a small brush concentrate the highlight shade just under the brow bone and in the inner corner. Lastly, I take a big fluffy brush and use a matte highlight shade (such as brulee) and I use it to blend in between the crease shade & the highlight shade so it looks polished, blended and not overly shimmer. I wear this a lot for school/work because I feel like the shimmer can really brighten up my often tired eyes without being too frosty or over the top.

I would repurchase when I use it all up, which I do foresee it happening since this has been my go to recently. I will also go back and pick up some of the other shades. These do not disappointing, but I do think all of them need more verity in the finish rather then them all being frosty or shimmery.

Oh, and packing is pretty lackluster, but I dont really care, it's only $2.99, I just wished the packaging would protect the soft shadows better, a lot of times I have had to pass on buying because most of them were already broken in the store...

The color icon trios are fantastic products! The Sweet As Candy palette is an everyday, wearable color story and it's one I would probably love to travel with. The colors are interchangeable and can create a multiple of looks. The shadows are highly pigmented and smooth. No chalky messes here! Highly recommend!

I like it , nice colors very good pigmentation and wonderful price

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally broke down and bought a Wet 'n Wild pallete after hearing how great they were. This is the one I choose, as I have hazel eyes and love to use pinks and browns to make them pop. My go to trio for years and years was Almay intense eye color for hazel and this is a perfect dupe at a much better price. Great quality. I use a primer so I cant speak for staying power without a primer, but with one, it doesnt budge!! My new HG trio.

I really like this trio of eye shadows as all three are pigmented, with a smooth texture, shimmery finish, and blend very easily. The only draw back is I personally am not a fan of wearing a whole eye look filled with shimmery shades. I have hooded eyes and I find that if I use this trio I will also blend a few matte shades into my crease and outer V to add further dimension, depth, and contouring. For the price these shades are really outstanding in quality and I would love if Wet n' Wild came out with trios of only matte shades to add further versatility to their collection.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I loved the old WnW shadows but since the new versions came out I've either been obsessed with HE or going for a more minimalistic look. But I started watching tutorials recently and now have tons of lemmings.
I got 3 trios in my first trip and this is the first one I've used.
The colors are nicely pigmented and go well together. I thought the white browbone shade would be too frosty but it sheers out nicely with some blending to make it wearable.

I picked this trio up along with Walking on Eggshells and Knock on Wood. Sweet as Candy has been the only one that I have tried out really. I love the fact that these are so effortless. The colors are so nice!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's so funny... I started checking out MUA because I had an interest in high end/expensive make up, but because of reviews here, I have now purchased more WnW products than I ever did as a teenager, LOL... Thanks MUA!
- Also, I concur with the positive reviews here. This is a great trio for my fair toned cool complexion. A little more shimmery than I usually go for, but i'm liking it. I like the crease color for a lid color on date nights, too. It gave a great tone, and my date thought I wasn't wearing makeup ;-) Perfect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After seeing all the hype over these I had to purchase them! I found them at WalMart for $3. I had high expectations for these and they completely met them. They went on silky, had a beautiful glowy finish, beautiful color pay off, and the colors completely complimented my brown eyes. I love this palette, for $3 I can definitely afford more and I'm on the lookout for them! Definitely a must have, and for the dirt cheap price you don't have anything to lose.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't know why this palette isn't getting as good a review! This is my first WnW e/s that I purchased and used today. I'm a fan of subtle eye makeup when I head to work or school, so this shows up perfectly on my lids giving me a contoured look that's just nice.
This is one of the best drugstore eyeshadows I've ever had! This in comparison to the Japanese brand Majolica Majorca that's supposedly a drugstore favourite in Asia is MUCH MORE WORTH IT. On top of that, the quality is superb. Colours show up, no fallout.
I'm suprised some people mentioned fallout, what you can do is use a powder brush with a bit of loose powder and swipe gently under you eyes or wherever the fallout may be. It's a fuss free way of getting it out without ruining the rest of your makeup.
I must say however, that the highlight/browbone shade is significantly lighter. It's a very good shade, comparable to Benefit's High Beam, for highlighting.
The brown's good as well, it doesn't look muddied on me nor does it eccentuate the slight darkness around my eyes. However, the pink is a tad disappointing, but I never had pinks show up good around my eyes yet.
The packaging is not that excellent and I rated it a 3/5 as my brushes popped out when I tried opening them.
Other than that, I'm really excited to try out more WnW e/s palettes after this good experience!

Video Reviews & Tutorials