Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

Price: $

on 7/14/2011 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I loved the old WnW shadows but since the new versions came out I've either been obsessed with HE or going for a more minimalistic look. But I started watching tutorials recently and now have tons of lemmings.
I got 3 trios in my first trip and this is the first one I've used.
The colors are nicely pigmented and go well together. I thought the white browbone shade would be too frosty but it sheers out nicely with some blending to make it wearable.

I picked this trio up along with Walking on Eggshells and Knock on Wood. Sweet as Candy has been the only one that I have tried out really. I love the fact that these are so effortless. The colors are so nice!

on 6/29/2011 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's so funny... I started checking out MUA because I had an interest in high end/expensive make up, but because of reviews here, I have now purchased more WnW products than I ever did as a teenager, LOL... Thanks MUA!
- Also, I concur with the positive reviews here. This is a great trio for my fair toned cool complexion. A little more shimmery than I usually go for, but i'm liking it. I like the crease color for a lid color on date nights, too. It gave a great tone, and my date thought I wasn't wearing makeup ;-) Perfect!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After seeing all the hype over these I had to purchase them! I found them at WalMart for $3. I had high expectations for these and they completely met them. They went on silky, had a beautiful glowy finish, beautiful color pay off, and the colors completely complimented my brown eyes. I love this palette, for $3 I can definitely afford more and I'm on the lookout for them! Definitely a must have, and for the dirt cheap price you don't have anything to lose.

on 6/15/2011 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't know why this palette isn't getting as good a review! This is my first WnW e/s that I purchased and used today. I'm a fan of subtle eye makeup when I head to work or school, so this shows up perfectly on my lids giving me a contoured look that's just nice.
This is one of the best drugstore eyeshadows I've ever had! This in comparison to the Japanese brand Majolica Majorca that's supposedly a drugstore favourite in Asia is MUCH MORE WORTH IT. On top of that, the quality is superb. Colours show up, no fallout.
I'm suprised some people mentioned fallout, what you can do is use a powder brush with a bit of loose powder and swipe gently under you eyes or wherever the fallout may be. It's a fuss free way of getting it out without ruining the rest of your makeup.
I must say however, that the highlight/browbone shade is significantly lighter. It's a very good shade, comparable to Benefit's High Beam, for highlighting.
The brown's good as well, it doesn't look muddied on me nor does it eccentuate the slight darkness around my eyes. However, the pink is a tad disappointing, but I never had pinks show up good around my eyes yet.
The packaging is not that excellent and I rated it a 3/5 as my brushes popped out when I tried opening them.
Other than that, I'm really excited to try out more WnW e/s palettes after this good experience!

on 6/9/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great trio. I normally attempt to use the trio as marked but after I finish the crease I feel like it needs something and always end up swipping on satin taupe.

Colors are great. Awesome price. Great everyday kinda trio.

on 5/24/2011 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was really excited to take this pallet home and try them out. The colors are beautiful in the pan. Unfortunately, this product didnt do much for me. These colors are extremely pigmented, but they do not apply very easily for me. The brow bone colors is extremely too light for my skin tone, and the brown does not even show up on my skin. I would not purchase this product again, sorry to say. :o(

on 5/23/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Beautifully pigemented eyeshadows! I love the crease color, I use it everyday. I usually wear all three together, which gives me nice everyday pink eyelook, which I love! These shadows are shimmery, so if you only like matte or another finish, pass on these!

very pretty colors loving the pink. all have shimmer and are labeled so you know where each one goes. i also have this in walking on egg shells and their great trios for the price. totally agree with vanillarush that it does look like Neapolitan ice cream :) looks pretty with a soft touch of my NYC pink blush and revlon wink for pink lipstick. sounds like pink over load but the lipstick and blush can be toned down so everything looks vibrant and healthy instead of clownish. would recommend these to everyone!

These eyeshadows are so gorgeus!:) Love them so much! it actually really looks like you are eyecandy! LOL!

Video Reviews & Tutorials