April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fabulous product. Way better than Urban Decay's primer, it can hold the worst eyeshadows in place. Also, it will suit all skintones as it goes on transparent and won't produce white streaks as long as it is blended in properly. I have this awful cream Majolica Majorca (Japanese drugstore brand) eyeshadow that creases and fades in literally minutes without primer..I put it over UDPP and it disappeared into thin air within the hour.

Today I tried using the cream eyeshadow again under Nars primer. I was pretty shocked that the cream eyeshadow didn't disappear..I walked through a rainstorm and got wet and all but the eyeshadow was still there....looking the same as how I applied it hours ago. Amazing! Eyeshadows also go on more vibrant with this primer. Sometimes, after a very very long day at work (more than 12 hours) i will notice a very slight creasing at the inner corner of my eye. However, I also have the same problem but worse with UDPP so I guess it's something to do with my eye shape. (hooded lids?)

The only thing I dislike about it is the white sponge tipped applicator. I like to put foundation on my eyelids to even up my skintone before applying primer and yup..my foundation stains the applicator. Otherwise, the applicator is pretty useful as the tip can be used to apply primer under my eyes so that I can apply eyeshadow there too. This is really awesome stuff..everyone should try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

My new favorite eye primer. I had used UDPP for years, until a few days ago when I decided to pick this up. This primer is NOT sticky, doesn't crease on me, and really keeps my shadows in place. If I am wearing a full face of makeup, I also like to put this on the sides of my mouth to prevent my foundation/powder from creasing. Absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by mkb1225

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Only good things to say about this product! One swipe per lid is all you need for all day, crease-proof shadow wear. Really light-weight, blends quickly and invisibly onto the lid, unlike Urban Decay Primer Potion. Have repurchased and will continue doing so.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WOW. in my top ten products of all time!!!!

without this for me there is no point in wearing eyeshadow as it will disappear or become an oily slick.

one swipe of this on each eye lightly mattifies it and leaves a smooth base to layer any eyeshadow or cream shadow on, which always looks perfect now!!

cant reccomend enough basically!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS and IT'S A WINNER!!! It beats all the other eye primers I've tried hands down. Gives your lids a smooth appearance and your eyeshadow stays put until you take it off. It's a 10!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by opus79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first eyeshadow primer I ever used and I wouldn't change over to any other product! It definitely helps my eyeshadow stay on longer and also makes my lids feel soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by yenmakeup

Never believed in primers before but this one is great for eyeshadow. Makes the eyeshadow look darker when applied, so you don't have to apply as much. keeps eye make up in place all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ShelbyG

This is truly the only thing that will keep my eyeshadow on! i have super oily lids and its been a struggle because i felt like why bother having all these nice eyeshadows if I'm going to waste them because they are smudged and worn of in no time. YES the price is steep and NO i don't love the packaging (I'm not a fan of the applicator)...but i think ill be buying this til the end of time because IT WORKS!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overpriced crap. I've had this product for a while, having driven to the next city to buy it as we didn't have a NARS counter at the time. I have oily lids and my eye shadow colour usually slides off or smudges.

What I don't like about this product:
The Price. It was expensive and you just get a thin wand of product.
The Container: This product is all handle, and little product. The wand comes out with just enough product to dab on one eye lid, but that's it. It all deposits on one lid with a dab and there's not enough for the 2nd lid, so you have to re-dip to get more. So instead I dab it on a finger tip and distribute evenly between two fingers, and then apply to each lid that way - so really not impressed with that. It's a joke considering it's all wand and the wand is unusable as the applicator.
The Product: Today I realized I haven't used any lid primer for a while. I knew I wasn't impressed with my NARS e/s base from before, but couldn't remember why, so today I tried it again under a tri-colour application of Lise Watier eye shadows I applied a thin layer evenly to my lids, applied my colour and went to work. It's 4 pm and I checked my make up - the colours have almost completely disappeared and run together and I have those wretched oily lines of colour in my creases!! Wha??

I've been skipping foundation primer lately as well (just ran out of my Monostat Anti-Chaffing Gel), so today I used my Velvet Touch from DHC (a product I like very much) under my foundation and after a long day it looks great, but my eyes with the NARS is a huge let down - totally faded and slipped into creases. I may try VT on the lids.

So, sorry - I simply can't justify this product - it's crap IMHO.

Today I picked the Try Me Kit from Smashbox which contains a small Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Photo Finish Lid Primer - I'm not expecting much but I've wanted to give SB a whirl for a while and this is a great opportunity. I hope I don't like the SB foundation primer it too much because it's too expensive! Velvet Touch and Monostat - so far are my favs.

Sorry for the rant, but I really hate overpriced products that don't work!

I think primers are a lot like lip glosses - they almost all get high scores on MUA, so it's really a matter of preference and what works for you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by emarshall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely amazed by this product! I had seen it in a tutorial of Lisa Eldridge and had it planted in my mind for a while. Since I have hooded eyes, when I wear lots of eyeshadow and eyeliner particularly it tends to smudge to the top of my eyelids throughout the day and my eyes generally end up looking like a big mess.
However since purchasing this product, I have been using it every single day and each time I am blown away by the results! I apply a thin layer and wait a few moments before putting on my eye makeup and it just lasts all day! My eyeliner no longer smudges, and my eyeshadow looks like I've just applied it! And it does not smudge at all, and from someone who rubs their eyes alot, its nice to know that you won't be ruining your makeup when your eye gets itchy!
In conclusion, I would seriously recommend this to anyone who just wants their eye makeup to stay fresh and last all day!