September 18, 2014 | 1951 users online

Blush - Cargo - Catalina

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by AntoniaB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I despise the packaging, but the tin holds tons of product. The tin is just difficult to get open sometimes, so it's a double edged sword! The catalina color is a beautiful clear pink and looks great, lasts forever. I love this color, because on me, it's the color my cheeks will get when I've been out in the cold or go for a jog!! It's my all time favorite blush shade, and I'll buy it again in the unlikely event it runs out in my lifetime!! After many years, Catalina is still my HG blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2005 3:50:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful sheer shade of pale-medium pink. I love it b/c I can wear this shade in the winter or summer, no matter if I am my normal cool light-medium complection, or if I have self-tanned and have a nice bronze complection (actually, I go for more of a tan glow look). I cannot imagine who this shade would not look good on. It gives you gorgeous glow, and with a little NARS Nico over it...WOW! It looks like you are glowing from the inside.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I heard such good things about this blush from a friend of mine and the reviews seem to be raving about this particular bubble gum pink coloured blush. You definitely have to use a light hand with this one, or you can look very "clownish". HOWEVER as pigmented as this blush is.. this did not even last HALF the day on my skin. I have normal/dry/combo skin. Altho you get a lot of product, you need a lot because you have to touch up throughout the day!.. very disappointed in this first CARGO product and will not consider anymore from that line.. Prices for this brand is RIDICULOUS high! that's $24 down the drain for me. I guess this is another cosmetic product to add to my vast makeup graveyard. i will never stray from my MAC again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Mermaid33

This is a pretty pretty shade of pink. It has a flushed look when applied with a light hand. There seems to be a lot of product in the package. The blush crumbles more than other ones when you sweep your brush on it. But I would definitely buy this again as I haven't seen any other pinks out there that are so uplifting in color. Nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 9:15:00 PM More reviews by js1624

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Cargo has the only blush that does not give me a rash or cause acne with I am very prone to.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2005 10:24:00 PM More reviews by amy320

I never thought I could wear such a cool toned blush color! This lovely pink has become a staple in my m/u wardrobe--- and the darn tin is so huge it's going to last me forever! I like to wear it w/ taupes on my eyes or purples and then a matching baby pink l/g. Gorgeous with a capital G. Love it! FFF/NC25, Stila 40 watts/dk brn hair & eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful bubblegum pink with no shimmer that looks angelic on my fair skin. When I'm wearing no other makeup, I lightly swirl this on the apples of my cheeks and I look fresh, bright and clean. It's one of those colors that looks like it's coming from inside my skin, not from on top of it. Cargo's colors always make me feel sweet, girly and pretty, and Catalina does that times 10. Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

Cargo blushes have enjoyed a surge of popularity on MUA and are well-received in Paula Begoun's book on cosmetics. "Catalina" is their brightest shade.

Color: Warm bubblegum pink (meaning no blue tones).

Texture: Matte and distinctively smooth.

Packaging: Couldn't be better. The blush comes in Cargo's trademark wide tin, making application simple.

Price: $22US. Higher than average, but you do get more product and it's less expensive than Nars, which comes in a smaller container and isn't as compressed.

My Advice: If you are in the market for a truly pink blush, it doesn't get much better than this. The only prohibitive feature may be the price, but this is easy to get past once you see how much quality and quantity you are paying for. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 1:39:00 PM More reviews by i_darling

Beautiful color and so soft and pretty on. I can see how you can easily overdo these because of how pigmented they are, but with a poofy brush and a light hand, Catalina is really very lovely. I received this one in a swap but would certainly re-purchase and try other colors as well. The only thing that can detract from my rating is that it didn't last AS LONG on as a NARS blush I received about the same time. Comparing the two day-by-day, the NARS won out for lasting. Despite this, I can still recommend these fab blushes and will continue to use them as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2005 8:43:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off this blush just glides on. Its soooo soft and highly pigmented. It has a creamy feel to it as well. The color of this is the perfect bubble gum pink. It gives the perfect pop of color. I only use a tiny bit in a small part of my cheekbone. This would look garish on the whole cheek. I then tone it down a bit iwth a light pink highlighter. Just wonderful. EDIT: Unfortionately this does not last long on my skin at all. I have dry skin too! By mid-afternoon its totally gone! From now on all ill be buying is Shu or Scott Barnes as they last the best on me by far!