July 28, 2014 | 2079 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My #1 favorite nail polish color. The color is just absolutely beautiful, I think the picture displayed depicts it well, i like to think of it as an electric blue color. Looks so good and classy when worn contrasted with dresses that are different colors than the nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best blue ever!!! It doesn't chip and I got it for about $2!! I can't beleive I didn't buy this sooner!! Love it!! I always over looked this and once I read the reviews I ran out and bought it..so glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by saaraahhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this nail polish. I usually don't buy Sally Hansen nail polishes because I tend to buy OPI, Essie and China Glaze. But this color is so unique, I had to buy it :) It does not chip, 1-2 layers and the color is just freakin' beautiful :) Buy it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Jarjarjarjar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nailpolish is by far the best nailpolish I've ever tried, I ususally use 2-3 coats of polish and it doesn't chip at all, I left it on my nails for two weeks straight! The colour is matte and can be worn all season around and with any outfit because it is such an off-beat colour. I only got this nailpolish for $2 from Walmart!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by bombshellbree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I work at a school supervising kids, so I always do different colors and crazy designs, and I must say this was a HUGE HIT with them, and me! I absolutely love this color! I always shy away from blues because I don't really like blue at all (especially polish) but I saw this at Rite Aid and HAD to get it!! I love this color since it is so unique. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by chrabi417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer to read reviews, rather then write them, but I LOVE this nail color so much I just had to chime in. I purchased this nail polish at Walgreens two years ago during a buy one get one sale (I was torn between this color and Blue Me Away! and instead of choosing one over the other got both!!) I have to agree with the other reviewer who mentioned that the picture doesn't quite do the color justice, it's not quite that shade of blue, it's closer to a periwinkle color. This is the color I wear on my toes in the summer ( I usaully get two weeks of wear with minimal to no chipping when I use Out the Door Topcoat). I get so many compliments on the color when I wear it on my hands (for which I get a solid week out of wear out of with the same topcoat as my toes).
The formula is fantastic, not too thick and not too runny, and after two years hasn't gotten goopy! Two coats and I'm good to go. Overall, I am not a diehard Sallie Hansen nail polish fan, but this color has to be my favorite nail color of all time!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Isn't this gorgeous? This colour lept out at me while I was browsing polishes at the drug store. I always get compliments when I wear this. For me, I find this looks better on shorter nails- as I tend to feel about most blues.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by d1d1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Sally Hansen's "Pacific Blue" Xtreme Wear is a shade that I would've never picked up, mostly because medium blue shades (blue in general) are not that all appealing to me. Well, it WASN'T appealing last year, but this year, medium blue shades are on my radar, so far.

It's funny that when I was wearing Pacific Blue a guy at work asked me if the color was cobalt blue and some girls here are calling it periwinkle. In my humble opinion for the "true" periwinkle color there is "Secret Peri-Wink-Le" by china glaze. Pacific Blue is a medium blue that visually works for me, I'm not sure if it's ideal for my warm (yellowish/green) skin tone, but it doesn't look gross at all. It's beautiful!!!!!

Sometimes I like pairing "Pacific Blue" with gold accessories, light gray apparel (shirt or dress), and other times with a white summer dress and orange accessories. But that's just me.

Overall: Pacific Blue it's a great blue shade, not too expensive (about $5 in Canada), I like the brush and application, and the only reason I wouldn't buy it again it's because I'm always wearing different nail polish colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous matte blue polish! The photos here on MUA are true to color, even though it looks like a paler blue in the bottle. I got about two good days of wear out of the this when used with ORLY Nail Defense top coat. You definitely won't find a better blue for the price (I paid $1.99 at Rite Aid) and you'd be hard pressed to find a higher end brand with such a beautiful bright color! The packaging gets a 4 star rating because of the brush: it's so deeply submerged in the long, skinny tube, that it's likely to drip while you're applying if you're not careful. The bristles at the end are fantastic, though, easily as nice as the bristles on a lot of my more expensive polishes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by brightsonrisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like all the other reviews, I was thrilled with this polish! I've begun to accrue quite a collection of the SH Xtreme Wear, but before this one, I had favored the metallics. I picked this blue up on a whim and I'm so pleased that I did so! It's a brilliant color, and surprisingly creamy and opaque with just one coat. It almost didn't even need a topcoat, and it lasted for nearly a week without one with no chipping! It was great for keeping up with my busy summer schedule outdoors. This polish convinced me to try the other creme colors in the line, but I think Pacific Blue is going to be a tough act to follow!