October 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by lychi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

very oily. and doesn't clean throughfully.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lkanavel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too got this free with another product. It stings and leaves my eyes red rimmed. I did like the bottle for ease of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2005 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kav0529

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hmm, I had no idea I felt so strongly about eye makeup remover, but I guess I must as this is the 4th review I've written.

If you meet the following criteria, this makeup remover rocks:

1. You don't wear waterproof makeup
2. You have sensitive eyes and/or lids
3. You hate having to rinse after you use remover
4. You like small, non-fussy packages
5. You like your makeup remover cheap enough so that you won't cry if you knock the whole damn bottle into the sink.

That said, I still wish Lancome had kept the original formula and packaging of Effacil, but this is a pretty close substitute (based on the above criteria).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by chocmartini00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this! It is as effective as trying to use water to remove your eye makeup! I had to rub and tug at my eyes forever only to leave those racoon like smears underneath my eyes. A complete waste of money, I think I am going to throw mine away. The only good thing about it is the packaging but that's about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2005 8:27:00 AM More reviews by ttroell

I don't like this product. It is good for removing eye shadow and that's about it. It didn't even remove my non-waterproof mascara. Still leaves traces of it along my lash line. You have to swipe it (or in my case practically rub) across lash lines several times, which, imo can be damaging to the delicate eye area skin. I will not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 12:33:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

RAVE! I only use this to remove non-waterproof mascara and other eye m/u. I used a cotton pad sqirted some on and i rubbed it and it started to foam! Took off all my eye make up with a few gentle swipes. Didn't sting at all and didn't leave any yucky sticky residue, felt really refreshed. The bottle is better than the oil based version in that its a flip top and so if you knock it over it won't spill everywhere. Its cheap and effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by blumoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like Maybelline's makeup removers. This oil-free blue cap one doesn't work well at taking makeup off at all. The oil-based one works better but feels way too greasy. I won't repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2005 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my fave eye mu remover. i have both of the blue cap (oil free) and pink cap (oil based) versions. the blue cap one is what i use most of the time, it is made for removeal of washable mu, and it did the job nicely and very gentle. the oil based one is for removing the waterproof mu, it does remove the makeup quickly but i dont like the oil feel. i got both of them for free with purchase of mascara. will repurchase the blue cap one for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2005 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Noahsmom

I've used this great product for years, but now I've switched to Rimmel - a less expensive version with more product in the bottle that works the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2004 6:31:00 PM More reviews by BlackGlitter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After being told over and over that I MUST use something other than baby oil or vaseline to get that darn makeup off at night, I tried Almay (pink bottle) then his Maybelline because it was on sale. Never again! I had to rub gently but over and over to get the waterproof mascara off. Sometimes it would take 3 tries to get black eye liner off as well. NOT healthy for the delicate eye area! Back to the Almay I go...or into the MUA reviews to find something else!