Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Boric Acid, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Hexylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenylethyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate

on 2/2/2006 7:53:00 PM

Have used this for years, switched to it when I got tired of waiting for my Avon makeup remover to come in. Haven't found anything I like better. And it lasts forever!

Loooovee this product! So cheap yet effective. One cotton ball saturated takes all of my eyeliner & mascara off. I do not like anything that is oily and this is definitely not oily and it doesn't leave a film on my eyes when I am done.

on 1/26/2006 9:46:00 PM

This is a good, cheap d/s brand that does take off all my mascara and eyemakeup. I wear contact lenses and have sensitive eyes and do not have a problem with this product.

on 12/15/2005 12:28:00 AM

# Definitely removed non waterproof eye makeup fairly efficiently and also worked for the rest of my face :) Normally worried about having sensitive eyes (aka what happened with Nivea Anti-Shadow Eye Creme) but as advertised, it Expert Eyes did not cause any allergic reactions for me.
# Caution: If it does get into your eyes, it does sting a bit and causes redness. It also has quite an alcoholic smell that I did not like which i guess is what happens when you choose fragrance free. It seemed to leave a bit of an oily residue, the intention of which i am not sure, but wished that it provided some moisturisation or ingredients to nourish my eye area.
CONCLUSION: Excellent value for money and definitely removes makeup with proper use.

on 11/20/2005 9:01:00 AM

I agree with the other reviewers who commented that this doesn't remove eye makeup that well, which is why I didn't give it 4 lippies. However, I disagree that it is "oily." It has no oil in it, and is definitely not meant to remove water-resistant or waterproof mascara. That being said, I have very sensitive eyes and do not have any issues with this remover, because I use washable mascara. You can't beat the price of this one, and I appreciate not having to throw my expensive contact lenses away like I had to with the Shiseido.

on 11/3/2005 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

very oily. and doesn't clean throughfully.

on 10/31/2005 8:25:00 PM

I too got this free with another product. It stings and leaves my eyes red rimmed. I did like the bottle for ease of use.

on 9/21/2005 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hmm, I had no idea I felt so strongly about eye makeup remover, but I guess I must as this is the 4th review I've written.

If you meet the following criteria, this makeup remover rocks:

1. You don't wear waterproof makeup
2. You have sensitive eyes and/or lids
3. You hate having to rinse after you use remover
4. You like small, non-fussy packages
5. You like your makeup remover cheap enough so that you won't cry if you knock the whole damn bottle into the sink.

That said, I still wish Lancome had kept the original formula and packaging of Effacil, but this is a pretty close substitute (based on the above criteria).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Do not buy this! It is as effective as trying to use water to remove your eye makeup! I had to rub and tug at my eyes forever only to leave those racoon like smears underneath my eyes. A complete waste of money, I think I am going to throw mine away. The only good thing about it is the packaging but that's about it.

on 9/13/2005 8:27:00 AM

I don't like this product. It is good for removing eye shadow and that's about it. It didn't even remove my non-waterproof mascara. Still leaves traces of it along my lash line. You have to swipe it (or in my case practically rub) across lash lines several times, which, imo can be damaging to the delicate eye area skin. I will not repurchase this product.