October 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For some reason, my skin absolutely loves many of Neutrogena's products. I'm sure it would marry Neutrogena if it had the chance. Anyway, using Neutrogena Deep Clean a few times per week seems to have helped improve my skin a lot. This (which removes dead skin cells) combined with Garnier Moisture Rescue gel (which moisturizes, obviously) eliminated my winter dry flaky skin patches!

Reviews of cleansers are obviously subjective, but here's what the results were like for me. Unlike other cleansers, it leaves my skin feeling *completely* clean and free of makeup, and fresher with fewer dead skin cells, without causing dryness/tightness (I use moisturizer right after, though) or leaving behind a residue - not to mention not burning or breaking me out or otherwise irritating my skin. While hydroxy acid face creams typically burn my skin, apparently having them on my face in cleanser form is long enough for them to do their job and purify my skin a bit without irritating it.

It cleans better than Neutrogena's other cleanser I use, One-Step Gentle Cleanser, but I use that one more often because I don't want to push my luck with this product as it's not as gentle. Deep Clean cleanser contains salycilic acid and other harsh ingredients, and some here have said it dries out their non-oily skin. So far it has not irritated or dried out my skin, even though it is combination/prone to dryness in the winter; but again, I don't want to push my luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by NicTiffss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first tried this product, it dried out my skin sooo bad and made it so itchy, I was afraid I wasted my money. I read some of the reviews on here and some users we saying that you have to use it for more than a week to see results, (it took two weeks for me) and to get your skin used to the product. It worked! My skin looks flawless now, I love it. Although, it still tends to dry out my skin a bit, but its nothing a little lotion can't help!
Im happy with my purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by AprilEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall: This product is a No NO!

I have oily skin and this stuff dried me up like crazy! It also smells funky and the packaging is eww. lol :P No wonder why it's soo cheap:
It's packed full of chemicals and strips your skin, and does NOTHING for you.

:O

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I used to love this stuff.... when i was 14... It was great at first but it dried out my face pretty badly... I tried to give it a second chance but sadly, it still dried my face out... Will not repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by marcbymarcgirl

I bought this product when I ran out of my olay cleanser, having used Neutrogena before, and thinking it wouldn't vary too greatly from other deep cleanser i've used. After the first night of using this I woke up the next morning to find that one of my eyelids was swollen, i didn't know what had caused it though, and figured it might just be from sleeping on my face weirdly. But, then I used the face wash again that night and woke the next morning to find my whole face red, extremely swollen, dry, and itchy. After doing some research I found that this has happend to a number of other people with this product, so I would say be wary of this product if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser for oily skin or if you wear heavy makeup. Can be a bit drying. The smell is ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLynn213

I have been using this product for a few weeks now and I do have to say, it works wonders for my disgustingly oily skin. It did make my chin area dry and flaky for about two days, but after that I was fine. Normally after a few hours my skin would be oily again, but with this cleanser it isn't. I only use it once a day, in the AM, and use another product at night to wash my face, but its really helping keep my skin clear. The packaging is great for the shower, and one pump is all you need. It is a little harsh, but if you don't have oily skin, you probably shouldn't use this product. My face feels very clean after using. I don't notice the smell that most reviewers complain about. Would def repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I love the deep clean cream cleanser, but this didn't do it for me at all. It must be something with their gel cleansers, because I didn't really care for the oil free acne wash as well. It left my skin feeling dry and didn't really do anything. Didn't make me break out, but it didn't make my complexion improve either. It just kept my face clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by izzah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this really oily face, like I need more than 4 sheets of clean and clear oil control film fr every 4 hours ! So you get the idea . Ive been using this for about a month or so . It does the job pretty okay . It leaves my skin clean but thats just it, after 3 hours my face is oily again . No extraordinary effect . But maybe the effect is different to other people though . The only thing that I like is the pump bottle . Wouldnt repurchase this . Better to stick to my b.liv cleanser :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mzzstylish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

My face is really oily and i thought this product would actually deep clean my pores. the week it seemed fine because my pimples went away but after 2 more weeks i started to get cystic acne, and more whiteheads on my chin and near my mouth. It also made my skin even more oiler than it actually was. So overall i HATE this product. I wasted money on it because 1 it broke me out, 2 theres still a lot of product left and i guess im just gonna dump it since i'm not going to use it no more