September 2, 2014 | 2002 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I friggin LOVE this brush.
I had been using the ELF flat top brush and although it does a good job I was starting to feel it being kinda scratchy. I figured I should use something better quality on my skin and decided to get this. Ohhhh man what a dream this brush is, it's super dense and very soft/fluffy. It blends powders and liquid foundations in super well and never has it tugged at my skin or felt itchy. It takes longer for it to dry after washing but it is definitely worth it. Feels like a very sturdy and well made brush for a good price

If I ever lost this I would not hesitate to buy another! I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by foxyfrangipani

This is my favourite brush. Excellent at picking up liquid foundation and gives me a flawless and smooth finish.

I wash it weekly and it dries overnight. Does not shed at all. I wouldn't hesitate to get a replacement.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by dgolivarri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent quality. Best kabuki brush I've ever used. I love Sigma brushes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I think I'm the only person who didn't find this brush amazing. yes it does blend makeup well without leaving streaks, but I feel like I'm working out my arms every time I drag it across my face just because its so dense. plus, I don't see a huge difference in application than say, a flat paddle foundation brush. I honestly like rt brushes better just because there's less heft to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by JessikuhV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing. After hearing all the hype about this brush, I had to order it. The price is well worth it, even though it isn't exactly cheap. This gives me the most natural yet flawless look with the best coverage using any foundation, even BB creams seem to have better coverage when I use this brush! I've had it for about four months and used it almost everyday and I haven't had any shedding at all. The brush handle is nice and sturdy with the softest bristles. A big complaint about the brush is that it absorbs product but that doesn't happen to me since I dab foundation dots on my face then buff it in lightly. Also, I don't find the washing of the brush to be that much of a hassle either. I just use olive oil, baby shampoo and baby body wash mixed together and it seems to clean it fine. I feel that my stippling brush took more effort to clean anyway. I have dry skin and this doesn't seem to show off my dry areas or anything. Definitely in love, HG brush for sure. I will be purchasing more from Sigma.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MarksGirlSarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always used my fingers or a damp wedge sponge to apply foundation with ok results. I've tried a foundation brush but it left my face streaky and too cakey. I was inspired by Laura Vitale and Wayne Goss to use a buffer. After some research I chose this one and I've never looked back! My skin looks flawless! I've got large pores and this brush makes them practically disappear. I just dot my foundation onto my face and using small circles, buff it in. What a lovely brush! It's super dense and incredibly soft and doesn't shed or flatten out. I will definitely be checking out more brushes from Sigma in the future. A really great investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I was reluctant to buy this brush, because I have so many that do the job already, I didn't NEED another foundation brush. Besides, I'm kinda cheap and I thought the shipping fee was too high (ended up buying from eBay and paying less).
Anyway, when it arrived, my first thought was "Oh, hack, it's the exact same thing as my flat top from Sedona Lace", which I think is a pretty good brush. But then I used it, and... it isn't, it's a lot better! The Sedona Lace is pretty good, but sometimes it can get a little streaky, whereas this one never does. I've used it almost every day for the last 3 weeks or so and it has been flawless every time. The only thing is I have to use a little bit more of foundation because the brush "swallows" some of it. It's worth it. I get the best possible coverage with the most natural finish. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by pab123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! I didn't think it was possible to get my foundation to look smooth and actually make my skin look better. I was always a sponge person applying foundation, but my niece turned me onto these brushes. The price is affordable and it works too! I have very dry skin but when I use this, my skin looks almost flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by SammiGirl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush!! It gives your face a flawless look to it. You have to make sure you wash it at least every 2 weeks since it is pretty dense and make up can build up on it but the work it does is amazing. I would recommend this to anyone! It's not like any other brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I bought this brush when Sigma had 20% off their website a few weeks back. I was in need of a good foundation brush and after all the rave this product has received, I decided to give in and purchase it for $17 in change (including shipping) which didn't do that much damage to my pocket. I finally got the chance to try out this brush and I will never go back to any other foundation brush. It blends and buffs so beautifully. Sure the ELF powder brush is amazing but I find that over time it wears down so I have to keep repurchasing it which ends up becoming just as pricy in the long run. So far, I love this brush. However, one star off because I noticed shedding and some of the hairs are fraying off the sides. Hopefully, this brush holds up because I will not be happy if I have to keep repurchasing it.