December 18, 2014 | 1697 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Absolute best brush available for buffing in foundation/BB & CC creams/tinted moisturizers!!! Sigma brushes rival MAC, I actually prefer Sigma. Very durable, long lasting & no shedding.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

BELIEVE! Believe the hype! Every good review is right and every bad review either doesn't know how to use it or got a bad batch brush or a fake...

I splurged on the entire 5 piece kabuki set and its the best makeup investment I've ever made (and I have a LOT of high and mid end brushes and full sets...Trish, Bobbi, MAC, Japonesque, aDesign, Coastal Scents, etc...). I use this one for my liquid and cream foundation. I look airbrushed...

This (these) apply my foundations, cream blush, powder finishers and mineral foundation, contouring, etc., flawlessly! I don't feel like I'm wasting product and my application time is far shorter... (Did I mention that in half the time I look airbrushed?).

I will NEVER be without them again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

At first when I got this I wasn't blown away by it. I didn't find it made my foundation look great if anything it looked streaky. I put it aside and discovered the beauty blender which I LOVE. Recently I decided to try dampening the brush to see if that would make any difference. Before using ill spray a couple times with a makeup setting spray. Any spray is fine even just water will do. What a difference that made. It did just as good of a job as the beauty blender. What I do is stipple foundation all over then blend it out.
Only downfalls are that they aren't the easiest to clean plus take forever to dry.
I'm glad I found something else I like as much as the beauty blender cause a brush you tend to only need to buy once. The beauty blender needs to be replaced.
Also people say the flat top elf powder brush is a dupe. It's really not. There's a huge difference in quality. Just spend the extra $10 and go with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

Sigma has blown up all over YouTube and I'm addicted to trying new makeup/makeup tools so of course I had to try this after everyone has been raving about it. I've tried a lot of different applicators for foundation (ELF flat top, paddle brush, beauty blender, Sonia Kashuk flat top) and this by far is my favourite tool to use for foundation. I was concerned about it leaving my face looking streaky, but I've never had any problems. It gives me a flawless finish and it doesn't get better than that! It is synthetic which is great because unlike natural hair brushes it doesn't absorb the product. When it arrived in the mail the packaging was cute and simple and I couldn't believe how soft the brush was. I experienced a tiny bit of shedding in the beginning but since I've used it and washed it almost every week (I've had it for 5 months) and I've had no problems. It's surprisingly easy to clean and hasn't lost it's softness or bristles. The handle is nice and sleek. Perfect length. All in all I love this brush so much. The price is great for what you get out of this. It IS all it's cracked up to be.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

One word for this brush: WOW! Any other foundation brush I have ever used, would leave streaks when applying my foundation. And by using this flat top kabuki brush, there are no streaks, no lines left behind, just perfect and flawless application each time! I can't express how pleased I am with this brush. The fibers are synthetic, so the brush doesn't absorb the foundation like a real hair brush would. The brush is soft, plush and very nice when it touches your skin. I can't say enough amazing things about this brush, and even the price is awesome! A+ all around!

EDIT: I have used this brush for a year now and the same thing has happened for a third time. I have to downgrade the lippies to one. This brush just isn't long lasting quality. The bristles become uneven and are leeching. This is the third Sigma Kabuki brush that this has happened to, that I'm thinking of getting another brand. I take excellent care of my brushes that they last an incredibly long time. But a year of using this and the bristles are already falling out and are uneven. I'm disappointed at the quality and will be shopping around for another brand of kabuki brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by abbily1428

I absolutely love this brush. It is so dense and soft. It picks up product really easily but it doesn't absorb it. It spreads/buffs it into your skin really nicely and doesn't leave any splotchy patches. It's also really easy to clean. The excess product just slides off and it dries really easily and still keeps its shape. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I friggin LOVE this brush.
I had been using the ELF flat top brush and although it does a good job I was starting to feel it being kinda scratchy. I figured I should use something better quality on my skin and decided to get this. Ohhhh man what a dream this brush is, it's super dense and very soft/fluffy. It blends powders and liquid foundations in super well and never has it tugged at my skin or felt itchy. It takes longer for it to dry after washing but it is definitely worth it. Feels like a very sturdy and well made brush for a good price

If I ever lost this I would not hesitate to buy another! I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by foxyfrangipani

This is my favourite brush. Excellent at picking up liquid foundation and gives me a flawless and smooth finish.

I wash it weekly and it dries overnight. Does not shed at all. I wouldn't hesitate to get a replacement.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by dgolivarri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent quality. Best kabuki brush I've ever used. I love Sigma brushes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I think I'm the only person who didn't find this brush amazing. yes it does blend makeup well without leaving streaks, but I feel like I'm working out my arms every time I drag it across my face just because its so dense. plus, I don't see a huge difference in application than say, a flat paddle foundation brush. I honestly like rt brushes better just because there's less heft to them.