August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by SophieGray1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've literally spent the last 7-8 years trying to find something that would help my oily skin or try to make it not go into overdrive and make me look like I haven't washed my face for a week. I went into my local Boots today and a lovely Clinique staff member put on the foundation for me in Alabaster,when she put it half on to compare, I honestly couldn't believe the difference! My skin tone was evened out, looked brighter and had a glow. With a bit of blush it looked flawless! I decided to wait for a few hours before I purchased it, as I've had bad experiences with foundations in the past and wanted to make sure it lasted, and I was back in Boots by 4pm! It has been over 14 hours since it was put on and only now is it going cakey, normally when I've tried foundations oil and cakiness usually appear after 3/4 hours! So I think that's pretty amazing! It stayed matte for the whole day, and managed to last through hot flushes and all sorts! Absolutely brilliant product! If you're unsure, go and get someone to put it on for you and see for yourself!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

(shade 05) It defo keeps my skin calm..however I wouldnt just wear the foundation itself. It doesnt provide the best coverage for acne skin. It caked up on my face and just didn't look really nice :S however, I did want to still use the foundation so there was a time where I would wear this foundation underneath and wear another brand ontop but lightly..because the salicylic acid in the foundation helped treat my skin which I liked. But I wouuldnt recommend that method, I was trying to experiment different ways :L

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by CoCoChanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such a lovely foundation.
The first thing I noticed about this foundation is how smooth it goes on and how light it feels on the skin whilst giving the perfect amount of coverage for me personally.
Every time I wear this I feel like I am not wearing any make-up at all which is how foundation is supposed to feel, unlike many others that I have tried.
I find that this foundation has great staying power and I can stroke my face without any of the make-up transferring compared to the majority of foundations I have tried.
The first thing I noticed about this foundation was the size of the bottle which I found was quite small considering the price is £20.00 however I only need a small amount of foundation as a little goes a long way.
This foundation does not break me out either which is a huge plus for me as I tend to break out easily from foundations.
A definite staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Serenavanderwoodsen

I love this foundation, it didn't broke me out and believe me i have a acne prone skin, and i've tried so many foundations, nothing worked for me

i don;t wear this foundation all the time, that's because it is a full coverage foundation and because i'm on roaccutane, i dont think i need the full coverage anymore.. and my skin is very dry

but if you have acne+oily skin, then this foundation is the one for you

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by LexxiMassacre

i love this foundation it gives a semmi matte finish on my oily\combo skin . u can apply with anything nd it will look flawless i like to apply with fingers :p lasts all day from applicatin at 5:30 towhen i take it off 6-8 never longer . it does not break me out but not many products do.
i love it the packagin is ok its a squeeze tube only downfall if u get to much product u can put it bak in but u can the extra down ur neck :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ssannaho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, it's great for oily skin. It dries quickly and you don't need a powder over if you don't want to. I wish there were more shades though, I need something lighter now in the winter time. But other than that, love it. It's a bit expensive, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

UPDATE:

I loved this foundation for its excellent coverage, matte finish, and acne-fighting ingredients. In fact, I think used a total of 3 to 4 bottles in the last few months, which shows you how loyal I was to it.

But there was always a problem with the colour not being 100% right on me (I used Fresh Ivory), so I decided to try Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Desert Beige which has a similar matte finish but is a more flattering neutral to yellow colour, which covers all of my redness without making me look orange/brown.

Although, Clinique's Anti-blemish is fantastic in many ways, I think the limited pink- leaning colour range was ultimately what made me shift to a different foundation.

It's still a lovely foundation but I would only recommend it to people with cool undertones. If you're neutral to warm, try Estee Lauder.

OLD REVIEW:

I've only tried a sample of this product so I can't say whether this helps prevent acne or not but I would like to comment on how the product feels and looks.

The reason I tried this product is because I noticed my T-zone getting really oily recently and my favourite Chanel foundation (Pro Lumiere) was making me look too shiny. Also, I've had an ongoing battle with acne and I wanted to try a product that would mattify my skin and treat acne at the same time.

I'm a MAC NC20, Chanel Pro Lumiere 20. I chose Fresh Ivory which is shade 02, the second lightest shade. This shade is quite a good match for my neutral to yellow tone but it does have a slightly ashy (grey) look to it which has a mildly dulling effect. The colour selection is definitely not for people with really yellow undertones; the limited number of shades would suit cool to neutral tones.

I thought the colour would darken through the day but it has not changed at all.

Application is really easy as it blends brilliantly. It feels really light on the skin but coverage is medium. There is no sign of my redness coming through.

In terms of how it looks, I'm really impressed with how smooth it looks (even on top of my freckly skin) and how it has stayed this way for so many hours. My T zone does not feel oily at all after 7 hours and the product has not "shifted" on my face at all. This is amazing considering how oily my skin is at the moment.

The finish is a powdery, matte look. It is not dewy or shimmery in any way. Moisturising is a must because the finish of this foundation will accentuate lines slightly.

I'm very impressed with this product even though the colour is not a 100% match for me. I will continue using this and hopefully it will treat my skin as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by vintageblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Firstly, the packaging is great and it has a really high-end feel. I am NC15 in MAC, and was given shade 01 in this foundation but I find that this is too dark for me. During the day the foundation turns darker as my skin gets oily, so at the end of the day the foundation has turned orange. Also, this founation has terrible oil control and virtually no coverage. It has a really soft texture on the face and my skin feels really smooth when I wear this foundation. However because it has such poor coverage and oil control, I wear it under my MAC Studio Fix powder foundation for extra coverage. It doesn't give me spots at all and I do think it slightly improves my skin. I'm still looking for a foundation to cater for my acne and oily skin so I won't buy this foundation again and I'll have to keep looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sophks

I haven't actually bought this product yet, but was given a free 5 day sample at a clinique counter.
I really like it, it makes my skin look so much smoother, is quite thin so it doesn't clog but gives just as much coverage as other thicker foundations,
my normal foundation is estee Lauder double wear, which is about the same price and gives equal coverage, the only problem with double wear is that it gives me spots and aggravates my acne, unlike clinique, however, it stays on much better than clinique.
Based on this, i think that if you want a makeup to even your skin , cover spots and also help to heal them, this is the perfect foundation for you, if you want an all day 100% coverage, you wont like it. It does stay on well for about 6 hours , obviously depending on what you do, and doesn't rub off to touch, but that's the maximum.
I will definitely buy this for my bad skin days, and would suggest it to anyone who is acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by petitebellescargot

THIS FOUNDATION, IS AMAZING. It seriously is.

I have cheek acne/lots and lots of red dots from old pimples all over my forehead and cheeks. After weeks of literally being depressed and crying each time I looked in the mirror AND even after putting on plain drugstore makeup(which wasn't covering anything/making me look VERY cakey) my mum and I decided to invest and give clinique a go. It's oil free and non acnegenic.

I'm SO glad I decided to spend extra money on this foundation. It covers up everything, I only have to use very little concealer for the very dark spots I have. It doesn't dry my skin up, which was important because my skin was already very dry and flakey to start off with due to benzoyl peroxide.

POINT IS! For all you girls with acne like me, and have been depressed/crying over it. This little thing will give you your life/confidence back. I don't feel self conscious anymore and when I look in the mirror at the shops, I don't feel disgusting. Plus, it won't break you out because it has salicylic acid which is GOOD since according to my pharmacy lectures salicylic acid is effective in treating pimples.

Yes it is expensive, 5x more than what I paid for my drugstore foundation but what you get out of it is so worth it.

In terms of coverage it gives a moderately full coverage, matches with my skin well (I am of asian descent and use the number 5 shade), matte finish, washes off easily. My only concern is the price, but I'm trying to find websites that sell it for less.

Hope this little miracle helps everyone else with acne that is self conscious about themselves too.