July 30, 2014 | 1189 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the black colour end of this mascara, even without the base, it gives thick and long lashes. The colour is very black too and formula is quite lush. I think I may prefer this over L'Oreal's Voluminous as it is a bit more dramatic looking. I have tried it with the base but I don't like it - with the mascara on top of the base it just makes my lashes feel too crispy and dry. Otherwise a great mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, I don't care for double ended mascaras not that the double ended thing is my main complaint because it's not. I just don't like the double ended tubes because it seems like I always end up hitting myself in the face or eye with the tube because the wands for these double ended systems are so short.

So with the packaging issue out of the way I'm just going to come right out and say, I hate this s**t. Maybe the serum by itself is ok and I'm even willing to try it to find out but this mascara-duo hoopla is crap.

First, it smells like freaking SUPER GLUE!!!! I didn't read down far enough to see if anyone else said something about this but this stuff doesn't just stink, it STANKS (what you say when something smells and you're from the south). I just can't even stand it. But on top of it being smelly, it also burns my eyes and makes them itch and I don't really react to ANYTHING. The last time I tried to wear this to see if I was just in a bad mood the first time I used it and hated it I thought I was going to claw my eyes out. Additionally, I don't see anything dramatic or impressive about this mascara - my lashes look pretty much the same but GRAY - not carbon, not black but freaking GRAY. Just not a good look by any stretch of the imagination.

Now that I've ripped this product a new one, I will say that I'm willing to try the serum to see if it works or not or is the source of my problems when using this duo. Otherwise, this is going in the trash and will not be repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by mantees11

This makes the amazing booster serum work faster =)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am I the only person who doesn't like this combo? I'm a mascara primer girl so I'm really used with the routine of priming and painting.
So far I always had good results with the Clinique primer (my HG) and am also happy with the Lancôme's. I know you should give a mascara some time before it performs at it best, but I'm not sure whether I will have the patience with this one. Here's why:
- formula dries quickly from first use already, making application a race against time. Lashes look flakey and dry and super unnatural.
- In my experience a good primer lends your mascara more flexibility, this primer does the inverse. I tried it under my regular mascara (a rather wet formula from Clinique) and it just "killed" its usual lush effect
- No lengthening or volumizing effect AT ALL.
- considering the prize (€23) I prefer to buy Lancôme, Clinique or Chanel any time
I'm afraid I don't have a pro for this product ...
I will give the mascara a chance under another primer or on its own but if that doesn't work it will have to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by fizzyliftingdrink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My lashes are already on the longer side but I like them to be separated and fanned out. I loved the serum and the mascara went on smoothly over it. After two weeks of using this product my lashes definitely looked longer and fuller. Would absolutely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by jmh1wdh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only have one complaint about this mascara. It isn't black enough. I bought it in black and I think that the white lash boosting serum diminishes the black of the mascara. Other than that this mascara rocks. No smudges or flakes and actually makes my lashes longer and fuller. I only use the lash boosting serum on the outer 2/3 of my lashes otherwise my lashes look a little unnatural. If it could just be a blacker color this mascara would be perfection.
Edit: Now that I have tried Chanel's Inimitable this is getting tossed

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by madgesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even after using the night time serum and lash boosting double extend mascara during the day sporadically for a month or so, I saw results.

Still see some lash fallout. Didn't notice a major change in the thickness of my lashes individually or as a whole. Didn't notice that I had more lashes than before. But I did notice a drastic change in LENGTH! My lashes are now just as long uncurled now as they were before use of this product curled!

The mascara itself is ok. Didn't give the volume I normally like, so i often would put another mascara over the serum lengthening base coat. It ran down my face at any hint of water, and would sting if got in eyes. Raccoon city after every shower:) (only reason i gave 4 instead of 5)

The night serum was cool but often skipped for sleepiness or laziness.

All in all great product. It added major length to my lashes even though I didn't use it religiously. Just imagine how good it would be for someone with more lash diligence!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Bunny7475

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This mascara makes my eyelashes so long, I don't even have to use a curler anymore! I like the primer. Haven't been using it long enough to be able to see the "lash boosting" effects. My only complaints are that the wands are short, making application a little awkward. Also, I find the need to work my lashes a bit with a lash comb to avoid clumps (maybe b/c of the primer, or just b/c it's a very "brushy" brush), but the end result is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by happysong05

I am very shocked by the effect of this product. I have very short and few upper eye lashes. I got almost nothing on my bottom. I saw my lashes growth after the second day of application. This is the 3rd week. My upper ones got more than twice of the length and thickness. The bottom ones have grown decent amount of lashes. When lash serum first came out to the market, I didn't believe that it could work at all. After heard many testimonies and saw a lot of evidence, I decided to give a try, but I was still very skeptical about.

I am so glad that I did so. The result is remarkable. I went back to the store and brought 9 more. There is a promotion at my current CVS for 40% off on every L"Oreal products.
Pro:
1. Clear
2. Semi-gel texture
3. Dry very fast
4. Easy to apply
5. Leave no weight on lashes
Con:
It is NOT good for sensitive eyes because it has little burning feeling when I applied very closely to my lash lines. Even this feeling was gone in 2-3 seconds, I still see that it can be a problem for sensitive eyes.
I highly recommend this product to any NON-sensitive eyes. If you want to achieve natural long and thick eye lashes, you will regret to miss this FANTASTIC product with such an AFFORDABLE price!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lindz19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't hear anything about either product before I bought them, but I thought maybe they would help me in the quest for amazing lashes. I bough them at night, so first thing I did tried was the serum, because I didn't wear any makeup that day. It went on well, and I went to bed. I should tell you that my upper lashes are fairly low pointing, but still darkish and longish and pretty normal. I have about 4 light and very long bottom lashes, so I never apply mascara there as it looks really weird. The next day I followed the directions on the package, and applied the serum first, and then the white and then black mascaras. It looked TERRIBLE. And I'm not even picky. It was clumpy and made me look like a raccoon. Not cool. So from that point on I would apply the serum at night, and mascara during the day. The mascara on its own is pretty average. I dont think it'd buy it again just because I am always on the hunt for the perfect mascara, not because I don't like it or anything. The serum didn't really seem to do much to my top lashes (maybe make them a TAD bit longer) but it may have made my lower lashes darker and more full. Maybe. I'm not sure if maybe it's just me, or if the serum actually works. I'm bad and don't always take my makeup off when I go to bed, so I don't use the serum every day like I should, so if I did maybe I'd see better results. Over all though, average mascara and serum, for an average price. Nothing outstanding or anything.