Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

3.8

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil/Rosehip Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil/Geranium Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L: D39273/5

on 11/23/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Terrible product. Broke out a cluster of whiteheads on my chin. Also did nothing of the moisturising, glowing things that other people claim they had. I know this one is not for me. Better get a sample before you buy the full sized bottle.

Oh how my heart and mind quivered in sadness that this affordable and much venerated product did NOTHING for my skin.

I did not like its texture- it left some type of oily filmy gluggle on my skin, it made my cheeks sting a bit. There was no hydration, no increased radiance and no younger looking nothing. Just gluggle and frustration.

Get a sample first to see if this might work for you- it has such good reviews for so many other people, that maybe you might be one of the lucky ones!

on 11/22/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Pretty expensive so I got samples. Yeah it's greasy but I do look refreshed when I wake up. A little bit goes a long way and I guess it doesn't even bother me because my skin is drier in the winter anyway.

on 11/9/2013 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

i have acne and acne scars. i have been using this product with the clearly corrective dark spot solution and it really works awesome together. also, because of the lavender scent, i sleep better and i wake up every morning with glowing skin.

on 11/7/2013 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was given this product to try through a blogger here in South Africa as part of the 28 day skin changing challenge from Kiehl's. We had to take weekly pictures of our skin to show the progress of using this oil every night. Oh my goodness was I amazed. In my before photo my skin looks dull and pale compared to what it is now. After just a week of using this liquid gold I could already see a difference - if you take photographs you will see it happen before your own eyes!

This oil smells wonderful to me and 4 drops go a long way, so this product lasts. I have had this product for 4 months now and i've got about 1/4 of a bottle left, so it can last you a good 6 months of using it every night. My skin feels plump and soft to the touch every morning after I use this. My friend even commented on my skin saying that something looks different. After a month of use I could even go out with just a tinted moisturizer on, something I've never been comfortable doing before. My occasional breakouts have stopped completely, I can't remember the last time I had a breakout. This oil also helps with the fine crows feet around my eyes and they have almost disappeared by now.

Do not be afraid if you have oily skin - I have oily skin too and this oil is wonderful. It will not make your skin more oily, quite the opposite really.

This is my HG night treatment, I will most definitely be repurchasing once my bottle is empty.

on 11/3/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I am dry and especially during the winter, this used to work very well on me.

I don't like the smell but it does soothe my skin.

I like that this has never aggravated my face seriously and is very calm and soothing

This is a great product to bring with when I am traveling as it can give me a pick me up and save me from some dry skin. I will not repurchase because I have moved on to better products.

on 11/2/2013 10:52:00 PM

I don't get all the hype. Yes, it smells heavenly and you do wake up with glowing skin, but I think that's also a mental effect of spending $45 on AN OUNCE of MIXED OILS. I get the same glow from Argan oil (around half the price) and coconut oil (a quarter of the price.) Plus I can already foresee the horrors of using up this product, as the dropper becomes inefficient towards the end! I think the product is great, but it isn't worth half the cost.

on 10/25/2013 7:48:00 PM

At first I thought this product was overrated, even benign, as I couldn't see any difference in my complexion. No brightness, no healthy glow etc. I was starting to feel a little bummed about spending £40 on a bottle of what was essentially, pleasant smelling oil.

To begin with, I was only using Midnight Recovery 2/3 times per week. I thought - falsely - that if I used it every night I was BOUND to break out. I mean, I had to - MR is an oil, which is, after all, the root of my adolescent skin problems, right? So, resting upon this assumption, I was parsimonious in my application for the first two months that I owned MR.

However, the real breakthrough came when I, sick of the ostensibly great experiences everyone else was having, decided to perform a little experiment. I was going to use Midnight Recovery EVERY NIGHT and see what happened. Risking a few pimples to find the perfect Midnight Recovery recipe seemed like a small price to pay for the redemption my soul would bask in after discovering that this indulgently priced item actually worked.

So I applied it every night. I cleansed, toned, applied 3-4 drops of oil over my face.

I will cut the middle part out as I wouldn't want to embellish unnecessarily about my really fun life.

4 weeks later, and WOW. My skin has genuinely never been so good. When I take my make up off at night, my skin glows. And while Midnight Recovery Oil didn't trigger my decision to relinquish foundation, it certainly made me happy about it. My skin is clear and glowing, and truly has not looked this good in years.

So the moral of the story is, if you're not using your Midnight Recovery every day, lest your skin exploding into Turkish Delight scented acne, do try it. It may be the best thing you ever do.

on 9/20/2013 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, acne prone and oily skin.

WTF THIS ACTUALLY DRIES ME OUT. So 2 for 2, this and the Josie Maran argan oil is not hydrating enough.. must be the AZ desert climate. I'm on Day 3 right now, and I'm rubbing away random flaky skin (this never happens on my thick oily skin unless I go benzoyl peroxide nuts on my jawline). Seriously must be the lack of humidity arid climate I live in...

Update: Had to stop on Day 4, my skin feels dry and even a bit raw. :( I used to have oily skin.. hahahaha.

I wanted to like this. I didn't really see any results and I used the entire bottle! Maybe it wasn't hydrating enough. I wanted to see a glow but I did not. it smells great just not what I thought it would be.

Popular Treatments (Face)