October 22, 2014 | 929 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Minted #85

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by devibutterfly4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it's such a pretty minty color. Unfortunately, this pretty color in the bottle made me look sick and my skin sallow. It seriously made me look like I had jaundice, even my family was commenting on how bad it looked. For reference I am a light-skinned Latina with yellow/olive undertones.
Oh, and I'm not giving it a bad rating b/c of how it looked on me, but because of the formula and application. Maybe I got a bad bottle, but it was really goopy, like glue. I think I put on like 2-3 coats for it to be opaque and then it easily came off a couple of days later. It was pretty hard to work with.
Any other chicks have the same sallow-looking problem?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by michaelarogers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I've seen it on so many other people and thought it was a pretty shade.

I have very pale skin and it seems to suit me. I've had this one for about a month and it seems like it's thickened a little bit already but I've used about a 1/3 of the contents. It's a good shade for winter and it pretty much goes well with every other color. This is my personal casual color but then again, I'm usually caught wearing Revlon Red at all times of the year no matter what the occasion.

Revlon makes very good quality polishes but the creamier tones tend to be streaky. Always apply two coats with at least a minute between. Three strokes to avoid streaks. It's a fine color with the right application.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by prtygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because I was on a mint craze for awhile. I didn't like the texture, how thin & watery it is. It takes about 3 coats to get it opaque. It did not bubble up on me which is good. It's a very bright pastel mint green color & I didn't think I'd like it that much but when I went out, a younger girl & an older lady at a store complimented me on my nail color!! It really is a pretty shade of mint green, just don't like the watery polishes so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by jaybirdiscrafty

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Found this at CVS in the clearance bin for $1.24> So glad I didn't pay more. As soon as I opened it an overwhelming bad odor filled the room. Very Stinky!! The color is meh.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by jamtiguan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I initially bought this colour because I was looking for a nice pastel/creamy mint green colour. I picked this up @ Ulta during a sale for about $3. Initially I hated it, I always got streaks & air bubbles, it was way too watery. I kinda gave up on Revlon nail polishes but I decided to try this color as well as the other colors out again since they were just sitting there. This time around had had better luck because I put a thin even coat on (about 3 coats to be exact) and I let the coats dry well before I applied the next one. I had less streaking and no air bubbles this time, but it is too time consuming and it does get annoying trying to apply this product so that it looks some what good. The colors are gorgeous!! especially this color against my NW 45 skin tone and the price is great(these are the only reasons why I would repurchase) ...it just takes to much effort to apply it that's all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Minted doesn't apply quite so streaky as Peach Petal, but I found that it took longer to dry and it didn't look "even" texture wise across my entire nail. Sadly the colour wasn't as nice as I hoped it would be on me either, but it will still be used anyway. It's just an average polish I suppose, nothing terrible but not mindblowing either. I won't buy again, I'll look for a polish of better quality and a pastel green shade that suits me better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by JC2004237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colour is amazing, I absolutely love it. However, it took me at least 3 different attempts my nails to look half decent. The polish needs at least 3 coats to be opaque, and it goes on really streaky. Having to do 3 coats also makes it a nightmare to dry without getting any dints or smudges even with OPI's RapiDRY top coat which usually works wonders.

Definately won't be repurchasing... i think i might go out and buy Mint Candy Apple by Essie, and hope that the extra $ spent on it brings a better quality nail polish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

Just like every1 else, I really wanted a mint green color and finally got my hands on this. HOWEVER, WHAT A LET DOWN! The formula is soo bad. clumpy it looks just clumpy on my nails too. and i tried so hard to paint my nails as neat as possible w/this polish. I wish the formula was so much better bc I really do like the color.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by katherineho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: I absolutely adored the color. It is a wonderful and trendy mint green pastel cream, and I got many compliments for it. With Sally Hansen basecoat and Insta-Dri topcoat, color managed to stay unchipped for over a week without touchup, and I definitely did not baby my hands, so that was impressive staying power.

Cons: Probably one of the worst polish formulas I've ever worked with. It took 3 coats to get it to be opaque. Using thicker coats just made it dent more easily after application, and using thinner coats just made it bumpy and streaky. It was runny, and seeped towards the sides of my nails. Also, it dried really slowly and dented a lot, even with the Insta-Dri topcoat, so prepare yourself to not use your hands and to touch up on your polish when you accidentally mess up your nails after applying. There was some bubbling, and since the formula was so runny and messy, cleanup took a considerable amount of time as well.

Overall: Fun color, but if you don't have the patience to deal with the frustrating formula, there are other mint greens out there for slightly higher price. I would probably purchase another brand of mint green in the future instead of this one just because the formula was too hard to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sara246

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i dont know why people dont love this
it only takes 2-3 coats to make it opaque i love the colour its perfect all year around and it looks good on short and long nails if your looking for a mint colour and dont want to spend alot this is a great alternative !