October 20, 2014 | 2088 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, it is definitely one of my favorites. The texture is really creamy and it has a nice nude tone to it that blends nicely. It holds my eye shadows in place with zero creasing all day and well into the night. The formula also does not dry out my lids, which is a problem that I have had with even a few high end primers. It's a little pricey but definitely does the job beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this has replaced my UDPP that stopped working as the new formula sucked. This was on sale at Ulta for $10 and I've been using it for a few weeks. My eyeshadow has looked perfect every single day for the ENTIRE day. I actually went to sleep and woke up the next morning with smeared foundation on my pillow, smeared eyeliner, lipstick on my cheek, and perfect eyeshadow. I would repurchase. A little goes a long way. I fund that if you use too much your lids will look a little chalky

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Very good eye primer!! Up there in quality with UDPP! Performs just as well. I thought primers were just suppose to make your shadow last longer (or more than 30 minutes if you have tiny creased oily eyelids like mine), but this one actually makes the colors of the less pigmented shadows more vibrant. And I like how it's less dry than the UDPP, but still works just the same. Plus you get more product for your money! 0.53oz for around the same price as UDPP I think.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A few reasons why I have tried them all and settled on this: first, it really, really works. It is as good an eye primer as they make, though I like Nars just as much. However, this one is almost half the price if you look at how much in oz you get AND the container for Nars seems to almost make the product disappear, it is the wand. The Lorac container is more like the too faced one where it seems to last forever, you squeeze out what you need. If you have dry eyelids like mine this will, like all primers, exacerbate that problem but your shadows will STICK.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by carissarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at Ulta on sale for $10!!! It's 50% off for the 21 days of beauty....and since I work at Ulta I got a discount off of that so I ended up getting this for $7. Amazing deal! I was in need of a new eye primer since my Benefit and Urban Decay primers just suddenly stopped working on my lids...now I've only used this a few times, but I will tell you why I already love it. I put this on at 9am yesterday morning, worked a 9 hour shift, went out after work and ended up sleeping in my makeup (yuck) and just woke up a little while ago to take it off and can I please tell you, my eyeshadow hadn't creased AT ALL. A little fading, but surely that's warranted as I had it on for literally 24 hours exactly. NO CREASING!!! I am over the moon right now, as with my Urban Decay PP which used to work alright, suddenly I cannot even wear liquid or cream eyeliner without getting smears all the way past my crease. The tube is great too, this will surely last me forever. If you really want to try it, get it at Ulta now because it's an amazing price!! I'm always on a hunt for a bargain, and this proved to be such a gem :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because the reviews here were so phenomenal. I still had some ELF eye primer left so I tried it every day the first week with the ELF on one lid and this on the other. They literally wear the exact same. I got about five hours of eyeshadow wear before the shadow starts to smear and crease. Apart from the fact that the Lorac costs literally twenty times as much and has a slightly thicker consistency there's no discernible difference. That's very disappointing to me. I could overlook the ugly, cheap packaging but a performance that can be equaled by a one dollar product is pretty outrageous.

Thus far of the eye primers I've tried, I've gotten the best results from UDPP (it does a demonstrably better job "gripping" my gel eyeliner) though I still intend to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Nars Smudgeproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by EFENN

best primer ever

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

Waste of money. I don't have dry or oily lids. I was excited to try this. I'd previously used UDPP, Too Faced, and ELF (which, for a buck, does better than all of them combined). I was very disappointed. I use it before I put on Lorac eye shadows as well as with my UD Naked Palette. I can't tell you how many times during the day I walk into the restroom or look in a mirror and cringe after using this stuff. I someone use eye liner and then apply an eye shadow over it for a mature look at a work -- with this stuff, the whole "line" will have moved from the base of my lashes to the middle of my eye (this never happens with ELF). So disgusting and cheap. This product is the worst out there. Also, if I just use with shadow, my look will have faded by the evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Fantastic product. I took the plunge and bought this because I kept reading reviews on this and how people were saying this was better than both UDPP and TFSI. To be frank my first thought was "pfft! Nothing can beat those two", (I have used both, plus the Nars one). But my curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the trigger and got it anyway (full-sized). The first thing I noticed is that the texture is completely different from the other three that I had used; it is almost like an eyecream in that it feels very creamy on the eyes, whereas UDPP tends to be watery, TSFI a bit difficult to blend, and the Nars one also watery but not so much as UD. Personally I wouldn't say that this is the "be all, end all" eye primer, as I found that my eye makeup lasted the same for all four primers, but I find that the Lorac one is the most pleasant one on the skin. I did, however, notice that my eye area is less dry, and my eyes don't get as red at the end of the day as with the other three (long hours plus contacts). It might be due to the different ingredients but I like this one the most because it's creamier and seems more gentle on my skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really great primer. The color is described as "sheer ivory beige." I would say that is accurate. What I found is that the color just melts into your own skin tone, so I think this would work well for many different shades of skin color. This does a nice job of keeping eye colors on, and doesn't let your lids get greasy. For $20, you get a .47 oz tube that lasts a long time. A little goes a long way with this product. If not for the Kat von D eyeshadow primer, I think this would be my HG. However, I need the yellow base in the KVD one to even out some lid discoloration I have, and it is also just one amazing primer (please see my review on that as well!). You can get a sample of this at sephora, and I would recommend doing just that. A little sample pot will last you probably about a week. I highly recommend this!

Per Sephora.com: