July 28, 2014 | 1730 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because the reviews here were so phenomenal. I still had some ELF eye primer left so I tried it every day the first week with the ELF on one lid and this on the other. They literally wear the exact same. I got about five hours of eyeshadow wear before the shadow starts to smear and crease. Apart from the fact that the Lorac costs literally twenty times as much and has a slightly thicker consistency there's no discernible difference. That's very disappointing to me. I could overlook the ugly, cheap packaging but a performance that can be equaled by a one dollar product is pretty outrageous.

Thus far of the eye primers I've tried, I've gotten the best results from UDPP (it does a demonstrably better job "gripping" my gel eyeliner) though I still intend to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Nars Smudgeproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by EFENN

best primer ever

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

Waste of money. I don't have dry or oily lids. I was excited to try this. I'd previously used UDPP, Too Faced, and ELF (which, for a buck, does better than all of them combined). I was very disappointed. I use it before I put on Lorac eye shadows as well as with my UD Naked Palette. I can't tell you how many times during the day I walk into the restroom or look in a mirror and cringe after using this stuff. I someone use eye liner and then apply an eye shadow over it for a mature look at a work -- with this stuff, the whole "line" will have moved from the base of my lashes to the middle of my eye (this never happens with ELF). So disgusting and cheap. This product is the worst out there. Also, if I just use with shadow, my look will have faded by the evening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Fantastic product. I took the plunge and bought this because I kept reading reviews on this and how people were saying this was better than both UDPP and TFSI. To be frank my first thought was "pfft! Nothing can beat those two", (I have used both, plus the Nars one). But my curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the trigger and got it anyway (full-sized). The first thing I noticed is that the texture is completely different from the other three that I had used; it is almost like an eyecream in that it feels very creamy on the eyes, whereas UDPP tends to be watery, TSFI a bit difficult to blend, and the Nars one also watery but not so much as UD. Personally I wouldn't say that this is the "be all, end all" eye primer, as I found that my eye makeup lasted the same for all four primers, but I find that the Lorac one is the most pleasant one on the skin. I did, however, notice that my eye area is less dry, and my eyes don't get as red at the end of the day as with the other three (long hours plus contacts). It might be due to the different ingredients but I like this one the most because it's creamier and seems more gentle on my skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really great primer. The color is described as "sheer ivory beige." I would say that is accurate. What I found is that the color just melts into your own skin tone, so I think this would work well for many different shades of skin color. This does a nice job of keeping eye colors on, and doesn't let your lids get greasy. For $20, you get a .47 oz tube that lasts a long time. A little goes a long way with this product. If not for the Kat von D eyeshadow primer, I think this would be my HG. However, I need the yellow base in the KVD one to even out some lid discoloration I have, and it is also just one amazing primer (please see my review on that as well!). You can get a sample of this at sephora, and I would recommend doing just that. A little sample pot will last you probably about a week. I highly recommend this!

Per Sephora.com:
- Phthalates
- GMOs

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by twinkletwinklelittlebat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been a loyal UDPP user for years and have always been disappointed with other primers I've tried, but I heard great things about this one from Lorac. The very first time I used it I went to a concert in August - I waited in line outside in 100+ degree heat for a couple of hours, was on the floor for the concert where it was hot, sweaty, and crowded for another 4-5 hours, went out drinking and dancing after the show until about 3am, then crashed on a friend's couch with my makeup still on. When I woke up the next morning, my hair was a mess, but my eyeshadow was still perfect. It hadn't faded, creased, or smudged the tiniest bit - it looked just as fresh as it had when I first applied it. I've never gotten that kind of wear from UDPP or any other primer. Also, that concert was well over a year ago and I'm still using the same tube, which doesn't even feel half empty. I'll definitely repurchase this if I ever run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by struckanerve88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My aunt gave me two sample sizes of this product because they didn't work for her. And I really enjoy this primer, it isn't too sticky so it doesn't accentuate thin skin/wrinkles on the eyelid. The only problem I had was the packaging. I dunno if this is just because I had sample sizes, but I found it very hard to squeeze out product near the end. I ended up cutting the tubes open when I could no longer squeeze anything out, and I was able to scoop out a whole lot of product I would say half of the product was still in the tube. I put it into an old .24 oz jar I had and the sample is .17oz and the jar looks about 1/3 to half full. I guess this shows even with a squeeze tube you can't get everything out without destroying the packaging. I even had to throw out a glob of it from the crimp area of the tube because it had somehow dried out. Like instead of being sort of liquidy the product I pulled out from near the crimp is like sticky tack. Anyway this is still a good product I would not hesitate to buy this in a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily eyelids. After using up my artdeco primer and learning it was no longer available at HSN--I had to switch brands. The only other primer that has worked for me is UDPP, but since I love Lorac shadows I gave this a try. Its as good as UDPP but packaged much better. Definitely try if you find a deal on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

Best eye primer! I can whole heartedly recommend it to anyone. It keeps the e/s in place, no creasing, for at least 8 hours. I've used mine for about a year and still have almost half of it left. Though I don't use e/s every day.
The best thing is the packaging. I've used Artdeco's primer before, but it was in a small pot and dried out. Not this one! The tube is fantastic!
It's worth the price. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Amazing product. I bought this on the Close Up: Real Life To Red Carpet Eye Tutorial set so I spent on it almost nothing. It makes my eyeshadows stay reasonably, (I have extremely oily lids and when wearing it my es lasts 10-12 hours without creasing and without fading a lot) Best purchase!