April 19, 2014 | 1819 users online

Eyeliner - Milani - Liquif'eye Metallic eye liner pencil -black

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice, true-black, non-shimmery but with a sheen. It stays and stays, but when I apply it to my top lid too thickly, it smudges onto my lower lid. When I apply this to my waterline when I wear contacts, this doesn't fare well for me; it smudges onto my contacts. I do like how it applies very softly/creamy (no tugging!). My favorite way to apply it is to rub a flat liner brush on the tip and onto my lashline. It lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by mumakesmehot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin and almond-shaped lids. Here it goes.

PROS:
*Cheap
*Rich black color
*Glides on effortlessly
*Stays on, with eye shadow power on top, for an average of two and a half hours. Without eye shadow to seal it, the staying power is about an hour and a half.
*Easy to find
*Is difficult to take off
*Portable

CONS:
*It didn't last me through my (4 hour) school day
*The smudging is hard to remove
*A pain to sharpen, but I've discovered placing it in the freezer for an hour or so if possible helps

Though this has been the best pencil eyeliner I have tried so far in my lifetime, I have never had luck with pencil eye liners to last through a school day, and unfortunately I didn't have luck with this one either. I'll keep it in my purse for quick touch-ups, but other than that I'll never reach for it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by zelda1802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my HG eyeliner. It is really amazing and the best eyeliner I've ever used, and I've used a lot. It glides on super easy and smooth and it's staying power is unbelievable! Seriously it is awesome. The only con is that I have to sharpen it but I guess that is with every eyeliner pencil that is not retractable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this liner. When I was younger, I could use anything--powder, pencil, gel--and it went on great. Not so as I get older, but this is perfect, glides on easily and stays on until you wash it off.

So many reviewers complaining that it doesn't last on water line--it's not meant to do that, it's an eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I bought this from CVS in black. It was a little over priced for a drugstore eyeliner but I still gave it a try. I was a little skeptical since this was a pencil liner and I hate tugging at my eyelids to get the product on. Like most of the other reviewers, I found this didn't stay for over an hour on my water line. I am yet to find an eyeliner that'll last all day on my waterline! But besides that, this is very creamy and smooth so you don't really have to apply it twice or thrice to your eyelids. It is the best combination of a liquid and gel eyeliner. It gives you the precision of a liquid liner and the creaminess of a gel eyeliner. I use the Eco tools smudge brush to smudge this eyeliner and it works like a charm! I will definitely be repurchasing this for my eyelids...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a dilemma - how does one rate a product that doesn't work for YOU, but it's not the fault of the product?

I bought the Liquif'Eye liner as just one in a long line of pencil liner purchases in my neverending quest to find a liner that will stay on my waterline for more than a half hour. Liquif-Eye liner was highly rated for waterline use, so I gave it a try. Unfortunately, the product didn't last any longer on me than any other liner I have tried.

HOWEVER....

....I have recently discovered this problem is NOT because of any deficiency in this or any pencil liner, but instead is caused by my having "oily tears."

I wear contact lenses, and whenever I have a good cry, my lenses get cloudy. No matter what I use to clean them, I can't get that film off and have to throw the pair away. Also, even when I don't cry, I have to replace my lenses more frequently than other folks, because they develop that same cloudy film after a week or so of continuous wear.

I asked my opthamologist about this, and was told that *most* people say their contacts feel cleaner and clearer after they cry - that mine don't indicates I have "oily tears."

Lightbulb moment - those same "oily tears" that are ruining my contact lenses whenever I cry, are dissolving away every liner I've used on my waterline over the years. So, the fact that I can't find a liner that will stick to my waterline isn't due to the fault of whatever product I've used, it's due to my own peculiar body chemistry.

Because I''m older, and my eyelids are no longer completely smooth, I can't draw an even line on my eyelids with any pencil liner (I use gel liners for that). So, I can't comment on how the Milani performs as a liner when used directly on the eyelids, either.

For anyone else who can't find any liner that stays on their waterline, consider you may have an "oily tears" issue, too. If you do, than no product is going to stay on your waterline, including this one.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by JaiKai

I don't write reviews very often, but I had to write about this eyeliner. It is honestly the best pencil eyeliner I have ever used. It has the creamiest texture and glides on with the lightest touch, but once it is dried it will not budge at all. This eyeliner has been tested, even slept on (yes, bad habit, i know ><). I have even cried with it on my waterline, and it didn't budge. The packaging is sleek, it's easy to handle. It's a tad bit pricey for a d/s eyeliner, but definitely worth the price. This has now been my favorite eyeliner for many months now, and I have yet to find a better eyeliner for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smooth, intense color at a steal!

I have this in Black and Aqua....it's fantastic on my waterline. With or without eyeshadow to set, it didn't budge on me. I love how easy this pencil is to use, I always get a smooth line and great color pay-off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by frckls

I'm somewhat on the fence about this product. To begin with, my eyes are VERY WATERY and my eyelids are VERY OILY.

When I first got this, I test-swatched it on the back of my hand. Rub half of it after applying, which of course smudged. But after I let it set, it was not easy to take off. It won't come off just with water and soap. It took a good rubbing with my makeup remover.

On my eyes, I can't say it doesn't smudge. It is very soft and I have a heavy hand. Not so good combination, there. However, it glides effortlessly to tightline, but it's very hard to prevent it from transferring to the lower waterline since I can't wait for it to set without blinking. Without mascara, I always notice transferring onto my lower lashline. That is quite inevitable I believe, because within the same amount of time with other eye liner, it would've all transferred under my eyes from my upper lashline. But with the usual usage of mascara, I noticed it stays for all day, through the night to the next morning (talking about drunken nights LOL).
I wore this on Queen's Day on April 30 on ELF Mineral Eye Primer. I woke up at 11, shower and makeup, BBQ (smoke), rave party (sweat and sun galore), a quick nap, pizza dinner, cleaning up my house, and only by 1am had I noticed it has somewhat faded a little, but didn't completely leave my lashline at all.
I would say it fades at around 9-10 hours mark.

I always clean it with EMC applied and massaged with a cotton bud tip and wipe it down with Yves-Rocher Micellar Solution. It's already gone by the time I wash my face. If I don't dissolve it with EMC, my lashlines will stay black for days.

If I've managed to master the application (not being heavy handed) and manage to prevent it from transferring to my lower waterline, I would definitely repurchase. I already have a backup for the time being anyway.

EDIT: I've learned how to be more light-handed. And this is perfect. However, I still keep the score at 4, because there's no way I would get a neat thin line without a little tidying up with my Essence Angled Eyeliner Brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this pencil. Works great on lids and waterline.
IF you need to sharpen, pick up UD grindhouse sharpener and you're all set!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No