Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

on 12/21/2009 3:56:00 PM

I took off 1 lippie because I hate having to mix the creme and accelerator together before applying. It gets a little messy if you aren't careful..but overall, I definitely recommend this product.

I'm naturally brunette but have been dying my hair blonde since forever, so I need something to lighten my eyebrows a bit. This stuff definitely does the trick! Just be careful not to leave it on too long or it will turn your brows orange..at least if they're naturally dark like mine. Have been purchasing and will continue to purchase for quite some time..

on 11/25/2009 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Overall Rating: 4, it works
Price: 2, it's fairly cheap but you get very little in a box
Packaging Quality: 3, it's not fancy but it works
Would you buy this product again? Yes, because I need it

Jolen for me is like pads or tampons, I hate it but it's a necessity and it does the job it's supposed to do. Although sometimes if you have used it repetitively for a long time, the hair stays dark and resists for some reason. It happened to both me and my friend. I use Jolen because I find its a necessity for a woman with dark hair, just like shaving or waxing. I use the Aloe vera formula but it still hurts like hell everytime. I use it about once every 3 weeks and it takes 10 min, but I often have to redo it because it does not completely bleach the first time. I find it expensive since you need to buy it over and over again, I tried other brands for the same price which had bigger quantities and delivered similar results. It's basically cream peroxide.I don't mind the simple packaging, it's purely functional.

on 10/18/2009 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I cant believe I havent reviewed this product. I have been using this for 16 years. I have always had dark fine hair around my face ever since I was a teenager. I didnt know what to do at that age, wax, thread, pluck, or shave!!! I just used this bleach and it helped lighten up. Later in my life I found out that I have been suffering from a hormone imbalance which caused facial hair to be become dark. I have gotten laser hair removal several years ago, and now i only use this one or twice a year. This stuff helped me save my face from embarrassment from the facial hair at such a young age. I recommend to young girls who are not ready to start waxing yet is to try bleaching first. Of course, hair is not gone, its still a 'peach fuzz', but it is lighten up quite a bit.

on 8/28/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

yesterday i went to shoppers drug mart to look for bleaches. i was originally looking for the sally hansen facial hair bleacher, but they didn't have it at the store, so i bought jolen instead, since i've heard good things about it before. it was 8.99 CAD including tax, which i guess isn't so bad. the packaging is average, and whether or not it's good i still have to continue buying it because i can't walk around with a girl 'stache.
last night i tested it on my inner elbow, since my allergic reactions would always occur there. it seemed alright, it was a little red, but that settled down a few minutes later. then i realized that the patch of skin where i tested it was lighter than the other skin. but that was gone by the morning.
an hour ago i attempted to bleach my upper lip. i mixed the powder with the cream 1 to 2, and applied it to my upper lip which was kind of hard for me since im not so good with that kind of stuff. it wouldn't spread evenly on my skin, and i had to lie down to prevent the mixture from sliding down onto my lip. about 5 minutes later my lip felt like it was on fire. when the 10 minutes were over i scraped it off with the spatula and then washed my upper lip with a washcloth. that was when i realized some kind of zit-like thing growing on my lip and some red bumps on my cheek, and my hairs were still dark so i reapplied the bleach for 7 minutes, and the burning returned. 7 minutes later i scraped it off again and rinsed the area. my hairs were almost blonde, but the red bumps had multiplied and there was another zit-like thing on my upper lip, but now it's beginning to disappear.

on 8/10/2009 11:24:00 PM

The reason why I initially chose to purchase this product over others is because there was a NO ANIMAL TESTING sign right on the box thats really important to me when I consider buying products esp. bleaches that are frequently tested on animals. Anyways I have dark brown hair and very fair skin which of course means that i have darkish body hair so I use this on my thighs, tummy, upper lip and so far it has worked great! Next time I plan on leaving it on a bit longer but it hasnt broken out my sensitive skin at all so I will def. buy this again!

on 8/10/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product since I was fourteen years old. I have tried Nair bleach once, but quickly returned to Joline, a far superior and cheaper product.
I have very very pale skin paired with very very dark hair, plus a hormone imbalance, so I have quite a bit of body hair and it definitely shows. I use this product just about everywhere, my face, my arms, my thighs, my stomach, my lower backů it is not fun, but it does the job and the results last for a decent amount of time. Application can be a pain, literally - it itches like a mother******! It can be messy to mix and will leave the bathroom smelling like a chlorine pool. The mixture itself dries out slightly when on your body and can fall off in chunks. I sit very still in the bathroom when using this product, using all my might not to take a fork to my skin. On a more positive note, after using the mixture on one part of your body, you can scrape it off and apply it to another part of your body provided it has not dried out too much.
Never use this product before leaving the house as it can leave slight red irritation on your skin, it will clear up in a few hours though. Never apply cream or perfumed soaps to the area after bleaching either as it just irritates the skin and stings.

I got this on sale at WalMart for $3!!
It works perfectly and DOES NOT have that terrible bleach smell. (:

on 8/2/2009 11:34:00 AM

I've been using this for years now, once every few weeks on my upper lip. The sensitive skin formula is best but you have to leave it on for more than the stated five minutes to really get all the hairs. Very rarely it can leave a lightened tint to your skin or some redness but this will go away overnight -- I recommend doing this 1-2 nights BEFORE any big events! The sensitive skin formula is much better because the original can burn sometimes. I have normal/combo skin and never really experienced too much irritation from this...once or twice I've started to get the burning feeling but you can wash it right off. You have to make sure to apply it thick because as the formula starts to work it dries out a little, leaving some of the hairs exposed. I skip the part about "wiping off with a damp cloth" and just rinse rinse rinse under running water, followed by a cooling soothing moisturizer. I've never really tried this on any other areas of my body so can't say how they would work there. But using this on my upper lip 2x/month makes the bottle last for at least a year! It's very easy to apply, easily available at any drugstore, and a great painless alternative to those of us who hate waxing.

At the beginning of this summer, I went on a spur-of-the-moment pool trip, and needless to say when I took off my coverup, I was completely mortified of how dark of a happy trail I had. I spent the entire afternoon with a magazine over my stomach. I purchased this for under five dollars at the local drug store and Im so glad I did! Ten min on my belly was perfect and it looks almost as good as waxing. I also did about 5 min. on my the dark hairs above my upper lip and it made a huge difference. Definately recommend. Beware of the strong smell though

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

YAY
Just got done using this! LOVE!
I noticed last week that my eyebrows were looking a bit harsh against my light honey blonde hair. My natural brow color is a dark brown & while they were lightened when I originally had my hair lightened, they had definitely grown in since then. Too stark. I didn't really know what to do about this a girl on another site suggested this product for remedying darker brows. I followed her advice-
Do 1 brow at a time. (easier to time it)
I just followed the instructions and mixed it up & spread it on with the little spatula, making sure the hairs got coated/caked. She suggested using a brow brush to apply if you're squeamish about the spatula.
Leave on for 30-60 seconds then wipe off & check color.
Reapply if necessary for another 30-60 seconds.
Repeat with other eyebrow.
It is CRUCIAL to apply this in intervals! I could so easily have overdone this & turned out with white or red eyebrows lol. But seriously, this technique was very easy and there was no feelings of scariness. 30 seconds at a time girls! You cannot go wrong

I thought the packaging was adorable, cute little spatula & tray, pretty basic to mix. And there is sooo much product in this thing! I cannot see needing to buy another but if I run out in this lifetime then I would definitely repurchase.
The experience was very good- super easy, no redness, no irritation, can't comment on the smell though cuz my nose is stuffed up. I imagine it smells like bleach duh

Btw, my eyebrows are now (after 2 applications & a total of 1.5 minutes on each), a lightish medium brown, a great match for the darkest strands of my hair. Took me like 5 minutes total & gave me exactly what I wanted :)

Popular Treatments (Face)