December 22, 2014 | 869 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by topsyturvy26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

yesterday i went to shoppers drug mart to look for bleaches. i was originally looking for the sally hansen facial hair bleacher, but they didn't have it at the store, so i bought jolen instead, since i've heard good things about it before. it was 8.99 CAD including tax, which i guess isn't so bad. the packaging is average, and whether or not it's good i still have to continue buying it because i can't walk around with a girl 'stache.
last night i tested it on my inner elbow, since my allergic reactions would always occur there. it seemed alright, it was a little red, but that settled down a few minutes later. then i realized that the patch of skin where i tested it was lighter than the other skin. but that was gone by the morning.
an hour ago i attempted to bleach my upper lip. i mixed the powder with the cream 1 to 2, and applied it to my upper lip which was kind of hard for me since im not so good with that kind of stuff. it wouldn't spread evenly on my skin, and i had to lie down to prevent the mixture from sliding down onto my lip. about 5 minutes later my lip felt like it was on fire. when the 10 minutes were over i scraped it off with the spatula and then washed my upper lip with a washcloth. that was when i realized some kind of zit-like thing growing on my lip and some red bumps on my cheek, and my hairs were still dark so i reapplied the bleach for 7 minutes, and the burning returned. 7 minutes later i scraped it off again and rinsed the area. my hairs were almost blonde, but the red bumps had multiplied and there was another zit-like thing on my upper lip, but now it's beginning to disappear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Briggitte

The reason why I initially chose to purchase this product over others is because there was a NO ANIMAL TESTING sign right on the box thats really important to me when I consider buying products esp. bleaches that are frequently tested on animals. Anyways I have dark brown hair and very fair skin which of course means that i have darkish body hair so I use this on my thighs, tummy, upper lip and so far it has worked great! Next time I plan on leaving it on a bit longer but it hasnt broken out my sensitive skin at all so I will def. buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product since I was fourteen years old. I have tried Nair bleach once, but quickly returned to Joline, a far superior and cheaper product.
I have very very pale skin paired with very very dark hair, plus a hormone imbalance, so I have quite a bit of body hair and it definitely shows. I use this product just about everywhere, my face, my arms, my thighs, my stomach, my lower backů it is not fun, but it does the job and the results last for a decent amount of time. Application can be a pain, literally - it itches like a mother******! It can be messy to mix and will leave the bathroom smelling like a chlorine pool. The mixture itself dries out slightly when on your body and can fall off in chunks. I sit very still in the bathroom when using this product, using all my might not to take a fork to my skin. On a more positive note, after using the mixture on one part of your body, you can scrape it off and apply it to another part of your body provided it has not dried out too much.
Never use this product before leaving the house as it can leave slight red irritation on your skin, it will clear up in a few hours though. Never apply cream or perfumed soaps to the area after bleaching either as it just irritates the skin and stings.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by oneinagillian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale at WalMart for $3!!
It works perfectly and DOES NOT have that terrible bleach smell. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years now, once every few weeks on my upper lip. The sensitive skin formula is best but you have to leave it on for more than the stated five minutes to really get all the hairs. Very rarely it can leave a lightened tint to your skin or some redness but this will go away overnight -- I recommend doing this 1-2 nights BEFORE any big events! The sensitive skin formula is much better because the original can burn sometimes. I have normal/combo skin and never really experienced too much irritation from this...once or twice I've started to get the burning feeling but you can wash it right off. You have to make sure to apply it thick because as the formula starts to work it dries out a little, leaving some of the hairs exposed. I skip the part about "wiping off with a damp cloth" and just rinse rinse rinse under running water, followed by a cooling soothing moisturizer. I've never really tried this on any other areas of my body so can't say how they would work there. But using this on my upper lip 2x/month makes the bottle last for at least a year! It's very easy to apply, easily available at any drugstore, and a great painless alternative to those of us who hate waxing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by beachbumallie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At the beginning of this summer, I went on a spur-of-the-moment pool trip, and needless to say when I took off my coverup, I was completely mortified of how dark of a happy trail I had. I spent the entire afternoon with a magazine over my stomach. I purchased this for under five dollars at the local drug store and Im so glad I did! Ten min on my belly was perfect and it looks almost as good as waxing. I also did about 5 min. on my the dark hairs above my upper lip and it made a huge difference. Definately recommend. Beware of the strong smell though

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

YAY
Just got done using this! LOVE!
I noticed last week that my eyebrows were looking a bit harsh against my light honey blonde hair. My natural brow color is a dark brown & while they were lightened when I originally had my hair lightened, they had definitely grown in since then. Too stark. I didn't really know what to do about this a girl on another site suggested this product for remedying darker brows. I followed her advice-
Do 1 brow at a time. (easier to time it)
I just followed the instructions and mixed it up & spread it on with the little spatula, making sure the hairs got coated/caked. She suggested using a brow brush to apply if you're squeamish about the spatula.
Leave on for 30-60 seconds then wipe off & check color.
Reapply if necessary for another 30-60 seconds.
Repeat with other eyebrow.
It is CRUCIAL to apply this in intervals! I could so easily have overdone this & turned out with white or red eyebrows lol. But seriously, this technique was very easy and there was no feelings of scariness. 30 seconds at a time girls! You cannot go wrong

I thought the packaging was adorable, cute little spatula & tray, pretty basic to mix. And there is sooo much product in this thing! I cannot see needing to buy another but if I run out in this lifetime then I would definitely repurchase.
The experience was very good- super easy, no redness, no irritation, can't comment on the smell though cuz my nose is stuffed up. I imagine it smells like bleach duh

Btw, my eyebrows are now (after 2 applications & a total of 1.5 minutes on each), a lightish medium brown, a great match for the darkest strands of my hair. Took me like 5 minutes total & gave me exactly what I wanted :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Piratekitty1

This product is horrible! Sesitive skin should stay away from this product unless you really love spots!! It also smells very yucky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by kmelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using facial bleaches for a couple of years now, because I think I have dark hairs. I've used a few different ones and tried this because I couldn't stand the red marks left by the bleach I was using, as my skin is really sensitive. This is a no-frills product that actually works without burning my skin! I use this about every 3-4 weeks and the product lasts for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had started out using Sally Hansen, but this bleach is much more economical and has better results. You may need a bit longer than the other bleach, but it is milder so it is less likely to cause irritations.

Also, you can reuse it. For example, use it one one arm and then the same product on the other arm later (obviously in the same session).

My only complaint is that I wish they had a more convenient place to mix the two ingredients. I use a small medicine cup instead of the plastic card they provide.