April 25, 2014 | 924 users online

Treatments - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by oneinagillian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale at WalMart for $3!!
It works perfectly and DOES NOT have that terrible bleach smell. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years now, once every few weeks on my upper lip. The sensitive skin formula is best but you have to leave it on for more than the stated five minutes to really get all the hairs. Very rarely it can leave a lightened tint to your skin or some redness but this will go away overnight -- I recommend doing this 1-2 nights BEFORE any big events! The sensitive skin formula is much better because the original can burn sometimes. I have normal/combo skin and never really experienced too much irritation from this...once or twice I've started to get the burning feeling but you can wash it right off. You have to make sure to apply it thick because as the formula starts to work it dries out a little, leaving some of the hairs exposed. I skip the part about "wiping off with a damp cloth" and just rinse rinse rinse under running water, followed by a cooling soothing moisturizer. I've never really tried this on any other areas of my body so can't say how they would work there. But using this on my upper lip 2x/month makes the bottle last for at least a year! It's very easy to apply, easily available at any drugstore, and a great painless alternative to those of us who hate waxing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by beachbumallie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At the beginning of this summer, I went on a spur-of-the-moment pool trip, and needless to say when I took off my coverup, I was completely mortified of how dark of a happy trail I had. I spent the entire afternoon with a magazine over my stomach. I purchased this for under five dollars at the local drug store and Im so glad I did! Ten min on my belly was perfect and it looks almost as good as waxing. I also did about 5 min. on my the dark hairs above my upper lip and it made a huge difference. Definately recommend. Beware of the strong smell though

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

YAY
Just got done using this! LOVE!
I noticed last week that my eyebrows were looking a bit harsh against my light honey blonde hair. My natural brow color is a dark brown & while they were lightened when I originally had my hair lightened, they had definitely grown in since then. Too stark. I didn't really know what to do about this a girl on another site suggested this product for remedying darker brows. I followed her advice-
Do 1 brow at a time. (easier to time it)
I just followed the instructions and mixed it up & spread it on with the little spatula, making sure the hairs got coated/caked. She suggested using a brow brush to apply if you're squeamish about the spatula.
Leave on for 30-60 seconds then wipe off & check color.
Reapply if necessary for another 30-60 seconds.
Repeat with other eyebrow.
It is CRUCIAL to apply this in intervals! I could so easily have overdone this & turned out with white or red eyebrows lol. But seriously, this technique was very easy and there was no feelings of scariness. 30 seconds at a time girls! You cannot go wrong

I thought the packaging was adorable, cute little spatula & tray, pretty basic to mix. And there is sooo much product in this thing! I cannot see needing to buy another but if I run out in this lifetime then I would definitely repurchase.
The experience was very good- super easy, no redness, no irritation, can't comment on the smell though cuz my nose is stuffed up. I imagine it smells like bleach duh

Btw, my eyebrows are now (after 2 applications & a total of 1.5 minutes on each), a lightish medium brown, a great match for the darkest strands of my hair. Took me like 5 minutes total & gave me exactly what I wanted :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Piratekitty1

This product is horrible! Sesitive skin should stay away from this product unless you really love spots!! It also smells very yucky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by kmelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using facial bleaches for a couple of years now, because I think I have dark hairs. I've used a few different ones and tried this because I couldn't stand the red marks left by the bleach I was using, as my skin is really sensitive. This is a no-frills product that actually works without burning my skin! I use this about every 3-4 weeks and the product lasts for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had started out using Sally Hansen, but this bleach is much more economical and has better results. You may need a bit longer than the other bleach, but it is milder so it is less likely to cause irritations.

Also, you can reuse it. For example, use it one one arm and then the same product on the other arm later (obviously in the same session).

My only complaint is that I wish they had a more convenient place to mix the two ingredients. I use a small medicine cup instead of the plastic card they provide.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Lovelytrue

Fantastic bleach. I am extremely fair-skinned, with dark brown hair. This product works within minutes and the results last for two weeks before I need to even think about re-applying.

Warning: noxious smell. Use it in a well-ventilated area.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by chestnutcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this since the 70's and it's one of those endearingly un-hyped classics that lives on because it's actually works. I am very careful to use it only for 4-5 minutes -- take a bit off to check and put it back if need be -- and have a little pink irritation after, so I would never use this right before leaving the house. But in a half-hour or so it's forgotten and fuzz is invisible. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

I have this in the mild version and use it on my upper lip. No irritation, no redness, but it does tingle a little. Most importantly, it works like a charm. I will be buying this again.