MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

i am heartbroken. i thought i had found the one. but it gave me bad cystic acne on my chin :( otherwise, i think this is an amazing foundation! this and the 130 brush is the perfect combination. i def reccomend it because the stiffness really helps to give the coverage you need and an airbrushed finish. i had never seen my skin so flawless and natural looking before! it stays dewy for a while so i would powder after putting this on because it feels kinda odd. i would imagine someone would oily skin would feel gross in this but it is great for dry.

on 4/16/2011 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I found this foundation to be moisturizing and could be applied evenly with the right brush, brush 130. I do not wear this every day and had for a month and was already seeing the bottom. I did not feel this foundation helped provide a dewy look or had any light reflecting properties in it. I prefer studio sculpt over this. To help, I have light to medium complexion and wear a NC 25 and have pretty normal skin, some oily spots and some dry spots. This did wear off of my nose after an hour of application with a primer and this is not an oily area for me. This did not cause me to break out or have any allergy break out of red bumps which certain products cause me to have. However, I think this is pricey considering with everyday use and with a brush (that is supposed to make it last longer) you would probably go through it in a month

on 4/16/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a little torn on how to review this foundation. I bought it because I wanted a cream compact for quicker and more mess-free application when I'm in a rush in the morning, and for easier travel. However, I just don't love the finish - it doesn't even out my skintone as much as I would like, doesn't do much to make my skin look better, and it feels sticky to the touch all day. I don't think it's worth the price, it's not really better than the CG Simply Ageless, although that one doesn't give a beautiful finish either. For what it's worth, it doesn't break me out, but not many products do.

on 3/28/2011 3:07:00 PM

This is my first MAC foundation. I went into the store and asked about a light coverage foundation, as my only real concern is redness. They put the tinted moisturizer on first, but it was slightly too little coverage and I dislike having to build up product. The SA directed me to this next, and tried NC20 on me- as this apparently runs darker than most MAC, I assume that's what my skin tone truly is, but we had to go to NC15 for this one. She applied it with the 187 and showed me... wow. I looked really airbrushed, dewy, and gorgeous- exactly the right look for someone my age. I bought it on the spot.

I apply this with the E.L.F flat top powder brush and it looks just as good as with the 187. Unless something happens with my skin, this is my HG foundation. Thank you MAC!

on 3/26/2011 1:40:00 PM

I'm not a foundation fan. I have purchased and used no more than 5 times Nars, Shisheido, Chanel, Prescriptives (in my youth) etc, in liquid, stick, powder, crème to powder, you name it. This is the first one that I actually use at least a couple of times a week. Its very moist, has moderate but buildable coverage and doesn't leave that TiO2 ashiness on my NC32 skin. Also doesn't settle into pores like the Nars powder fdtn that everyone else seems to love. Since I'm far too lazy have even tried to use a liquid foundation for a decade I can't speak to naturalness of the finish (though the Armani liquid applied by an SA looked like I'd been sprayed with pancake mix), but this Mineralize, originally purchased to cover an acne catastrophe, looks really natural.

on 3/25/2011 2:58:00 AM

I don't like full coverage foundations very much, so I found myself diluting my previous MAC liquid foundation with strobe cream to get a dewy, lighter look. This product gives me exactly what I was trying to achieve. Also, this product has converted me to compact foundation, makes life so much easier. However the one downside is the price, it is $59 AUD and I get less product compared to my last MAC foundation which was cheaper. However I'm so impressed with this that I'm willing to overlook this.

I was curious to try this foundation and wanted to hold off on reviewing it, since most MAC foundations I've used in the past have resulted in a face-ful of pimples for me. Lucikly (knock on wood!) -- I have used this off and on for the last 2 months, and have not had any problems with breakouts.

As others have mentioned, the colors in this range run dark. I typically use NC20, but was matched in NC15 in the Mineralize. It is maybe a hair lighter than I would like, but the NC20 was way too dark, so this was the best I could do.

I bought the accompanying #130 brush, and it works well at giving me an airbrushed look. The finish of Mineralize is satin-creamy, so I was afraid that it would be unflattering for my combo skin, but that was not the case. I do have to blot a couple of times during the day (as opposed to 1X with a more matte foundation). The coverage is medium to full, so I only need a touch of concealer on my dark undereye circles and a hint on any acne scars/discolorations I may have.

Just a side note -- for some reason, my compact was glued together when I received it. I think they had used too much glue to glue the pan to the compact, so when they sealed it, the glue oozed all over and stuck the top of the compact to the bottom. Kind of gross, and for $32, is not really acceptable, but at least now I know that the compact will stay shut tightly when not in use.

Anyway, overall, a good foundation, and I really liked using this on the colder days/winter months, as it helped keep my skin comfortable. continued >>

on 3/5/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Finally, after reading all of the reviews...I got this in NC10. My skin is dry during Winter. I am VERY happy with this product.
I am very surprised way how well it neutralizes the pink areas (top of nose, apple of cheeks). I am somewhat fair with yellow undertones. So, it's hard work finding a match that neutralizes the pinks but doesn;t make me look jaundiced:)
This works beautifully and without looking like a mask. Very hydrating yet not thick or gooey. Very natural finish. The best part is that I don't need to set it with powder! Pores are concealed and skin tone is even. Yay, one less layer of stuff to put on my face!!
If I am having a very dry skin day, I do need to touch up by mid-day.
I am definitely a fan!!

on 3/3/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not my favorite MAC foundation. Was matched to NW20, which I have in the past, but this shade/formulation looked a bit more orange/darker to me. I used the sponge included to apply, and used this up in 3 weeks! I suggest using a foundation brush or your fingers to apply this. The foundation has a cool feeling to it - almost reminds me of Vincent Longo's water canvas and it's clones that were out 10 years ago and it does provide hydration to the skin. I smell the sunscreen in it off and on all day, just like I did when I used MAC's lip balms and do not care for this. The finish is a bit sticky to me instead of drying smooth. I like Maybelline's Dream Smooth Mousse a LOT better than MAC's version and it is a fraction of the price, too.

Good coverage, easy to apply (I use the MAC 130 brush that I guess is promoted with the product), and long lasting. However, once again, the lightest shade is too dark! I use NW15 and it is still slightly too dark for my skin. I am not pale and have darker skin then many of my friends. I love MAC foundations but constantly have to mix them with other brands to make a light enough match. If they even made NW and NC10 shades their consumer base would expand since I know many people with skin too fair to use the brand.