April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a foundation fan. I have purchased and used no more than 5 times Nars, Shisheido, Chanel, Prescriptives (in my youth) etc, in liquid, stick, powder, crème to powder, you name it. This is the first one that I actually use at least a couple of times a week. Its very moist, has moderate but buildable coverage and doesn't leave that TiO2 ashiness on my NC32 skin. Also doesn't settle into pores like the Nars powder fdtn that everyone else seems to love. Since I'm far too lazy have even tried to use a liquid foundation for a decade I can't speak to naturalness of the finish (though the Armani liquid applied by an SA looked like I'd been sprayed with pancake mix), but this Mineralize, originally purchased to cover an acne catastrophe, looks really natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by sthom87

I don't like full coverage foundations very much, so I found myself diluting my previous MAC liquid foundation with strobe cream to get a dewy, lighter look. This product gives me exactly what I was trying to achieve. Also, this product has converted me to compact foundation, makes life so much easier. However the one downside is the price, it is $59 AUD and I get less product compared to my last MAC foundation which was cheaper. However I'm so impressed with this that I'm willing to overlook this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was curious to try this foundation and wanted to hold off on reviewing it, since most MAC foundations I've used in the past have resulted in a face-ful of pimples for me. Lucikly (knock on wood!) -- I have used this off and on for the last 2 months, and have not had any problems with breakouts.

As others have mentioned, the colors in this range run dark. I typically use NC20, but was matched in NC15 in the Mineralize. It is maybe a hair lighter than I would like, but the NC20 was way too dark, so this was the best I could do.

I bought the accompanying #130 brush, and it works well at giving me an airbrushed look. The finish of Mineralize is satin-creamy, so I was afraid that it would be unflattering for my combo skin, but that was not the case. I do have to blot a couple of times during the day (as opposed to 1X with a more matte foundation). The coverage is medium to full, so I only need a touch of concealer on my dark undereye circles and a hint on any acne scars/discolorations I may have.

Just a side note -- for some reason, my compact was glued together when I received it. I think they had used too much glue to glue the pan to the compact, so when they sealed it, the glue oozed all over and stuck the top of the compact to the bottom. Kind of gross, and for $32, is not really acceptable, but at least now I know that the compact will stay shut tightly when not in use.

Anyway, overall, a good foundation, and I really liked using this on the colder days/winter months, as it helped keep my skin comfortable. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally, after reading all of the reviews...I got this in NC10. My skin is dry during Winter. I am VERY happy with this product.
I am very surprised way how well it neutralizes the pink areas (top of nose, apple of cheeks). I am somewhat fair with yellow undertones. So, it's hard work finding a match that neutralizes the pinks but doesn;t make me look jaundiced:)
This works beautifully and without looking like a mask. Very hydrating yet not thick or gooey. Very natural finish. The best part is that I don't need to set it with powder! Pores are concealed and skin tone is even. Yay, one less layer of stuff to put on my face!!
If I am having a very dry skin day, I do need to touch up by mid-day.
I am definitely a fan!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

Not my favorite MAC foundation. Was matched to NW20, which I have in the past, but this shade/formulation looked a bit more orange/darker to me. I used the sponge included to apply, and used this up in 3 weeks! I suggest using a foundation brush or your fingers to apply this. The foundation has a cool feeling to it - almost reminds me of Vincent Longo's water canvas and it's clones that were out 10 years ago and it does provide hydration to the skin. I smell the sunscreen in it off and on all day, just like I did when I used MAC's lip balms and do not care for this. The finish is a bit sticky to me instead of drying smooth. I like Maybelline's Dream Smooth Mousse a LOT better than MAC's version and it is a fraction of the price, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by snappalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, easy to apply (I use the MAC 130 brush that I guess is promoted with the product), and long lasting. However, once again, the lightest shade is too dark! I use NW15 and it is still slightly too dark for my skin. I am not pale and have darker skin then many of my friends. I love MAC foundations but constantly have to mix them with other brands to make a light enough match. If they even made NW and NC10 shades their consumer base would expand since I know many people with skin too fair to use the brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Bchow1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used up two of these already. It give me medium coverage and a natural look. I have this in NC30 and its a perfect match for me. Not too great for oil control but I can handle that given the color match....nothing a few blotting sheets can't fix. I always seem to get compliments about my m/u whenever I use this foundation. As for application, I use either a 187 or the sponge it came with. Most days, i use the sponge since I'm a bit lazy with brush washing. Each one has lasted me about 3-4 months. I am going to keep purchasing this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i haven't used mac foundations in years and the other day i was browsing the mac counter and came across this. i absolutely love the texture of this. my skin has been really dry lately and this has been really moisturizing and the finish is awesome. i love how convenient the packaging is when traveling or on the go. it comes with the puff that applys the foundation pretty well though a brush is best. i prefer the 187 or 188 but the sponge works perfect when in a pinch or on the go. this foundation really saved me this weekend when i thought that i would have way more time to apply my makeup but ended up having about 10 minutes to get a full face on for a wedding. i don't really need full coverage so this is perfect and the finish is beautiful. not matte but not a glow. i'm not sure if it's a satin finish but it really is a nice. i also LOVE that this does not have shimmer like mineralize satinfinish. i love the look of the satinfinish foundation but i hate the shimmer when you look close up. this stuff is very cool and works great for me!! i'm stoked about having found it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I cannot imagine what on earth makes me try MAC's foundations!?! Insanity, perhaps!?! I have tried Studio fix, Studio tech, Mineralize liquid and powder, Pro LongWear, Studio fix fluid, Studio sculpt and Face and Body. Along with everything else -- this broke me out in awful cystic acne within the first week of use. My skin is still healing from it. I loved the look, texture and coverage but my skin and MAC foundation products are not a match. Back to MAC it goes!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

UPDATE 8/18/2012 I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I HATE THIS FOUNDATION. Its a cheap terrible formula with a bigger pricetag than it should have. Its my absolute worst foundation I have in my stash. Even their face & body foundation is a joke. I thought maybe it was just me and I was crazy but no.MAC makes very bad over priced foundations. The crap cakes up on my face & looks terrible even from a distance. I take very good care of my skin so it isnt a skin issue, It is just bad. period. Dont waste your money!! I switch up between using Chanel PL, Lancome Teint Miracle & Maybelline insant age rewind an or superstay 24 hour. Even Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse is dreamy compared to this horrid MAC mineralize garbage.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The SA recommended this foundation when I told her I had dry skin issues. She matched me up with NC25. After trying it a couple of times I find that there isnt very much product for the $32 I spent on it so I am sure I will use this up in no time. Strike one :( It has a nice moist dewy sensation when applying but that feeling doesnt seem to ever go away. My skin feels damp for a long while after application. Strike 2 :(. The coverage is medium at best. I found that I do need concealor to touch up areas on my face just like the SA said I would. I needed concealor around my nose and eyes. The foundation also rubs off & fades very easily. Strike 3 :(. Just a couple days after purchasing this foundation I found a very close dupe to this at the drugstore. Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in Natural Beige. It is a tad darker but it still blends into my skin nicely and looks natural. DSM is actually a lot more cooling when being applied than MAC, set up much faster, has better coverage, has more product in the compact than MAC & is 1/3 the price ($9 & change)!!!! I am so happy I found this dupe. Overall I do like the MAC mineralize cream foundation but for the 3 strikes I will not repurchase. UPDATE: I find that with this particular formula I must make sure my skin is super exfoliated otherwise it accentuates dry patches.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No