Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

on 7/13/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got a samplie size of this at a MAC warehouse sale for $5 (they had other brands besides MAC there). i was unaware that the brush was designed that way and thought i had a faulty mascara (blond moment) until i googled it and saw the brush was supposed to look alien like. i actually found it fairly easy to use, not great for botttom lashes though. it does lengthen my lashes nicely once the technique is mastered. it's a good daytime mascara but i need something more dramatic and volumizing for night.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The brush turned me off at first but i did get used to it. It is easy to use once you get the hang of it which does not take long at all. I got compliments on my lashes the other day when I was wearing this and that has never happened before! I would purchase again because it does make my lashes look longer and even thicker, and is not quite as expensive as other designer mascaras.

on 7/4/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was pretty unimpressed with this mascara. I didn't feel like it gave my lashes any length nor volume ..... def. not worth the price. The wand is really interesting though!

on 7/1/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is absolutely amazing! I would rather spend double the amount of a drugstore mascara to get this one! I makes my lashes intensely long and pigmented. The wand is so unique and flexible. I never get mascara on my face with this brush. I adore the white and green packaging because it is very refreshing. This is hands down my favorite mascara.

on 6/10/2011 3:07:00 AM

I like this mascara a lot. It was not clumpy on me and the brush was easier than I thought to use. It lengthened my lashes very well. I will repurchase!

on 5/27/2011 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm agreeing with some of the posters below. I;m lucky enough to have really long lashes but they are blonde and not overly thick so I like to use mascara to darken them. This brush was so hard to use! It did nothing but make my eyes globby and splotchy! The brush wouldn't comb properly and I felt like I had mascara everywhere but my lashes. It also got all over my eyelids and bottoms under my eyes. To make matters worse, the mascara ran into my eyes (I'm guessing a big blob of mascara ran) and it stung! Ouch!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought it in black. I love everything about this mascara. Yes, it's more expensive than many but I think it's worth it. My friends always want to borrow it when they come over and I've gone through 2 tubes already. I definitely recommend it!

Got this as a free small sample and disliked it immediately. The brush is flimsy and hard to use and doesn't properly comb lashes. Also it ends up all goopy and messy which makes it even harder not to smear all over your eye area because its quite wet but dries crunchy.

I put this away in my make up drawer and got it back out when my other mascara ran out (Rimmel Max Bold Curves - amazing!) so I thought I'd give it a go. Swapped the brush with the brush from a sample of high impact so it had a regular brush which made it 100000x easier to use but after using it everyday I've noticed faults that would make me definitely not want to buy it:

-It takes a while to get off but smears easily under my eyes in the heat
-Doesn't hold a curl even when used with eyelash curlers - just flop down straight away
-My lashes don't look any longer than with other good mascaras however they might if this held a curl

Overall though it doesn't look too terrible on but definitely overpriced - low marks for terrible brush

I received a free sample of this, and later a full tube with another purchase.
I really do like this mascara. It's a wonderful lengthening mascara, and separates my lashes beautifully with the comb-like brush.
That being said I do not like this mascara on its own. I look for a little more volume in my mascara. So what I do is I put a coat or two of volumizing mascara to build a bit of a base. Then I run the High Lengths over top. It separates and lengthens and I still have the fullness!

on 4/12/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I dont really understand this mascara, how are you supposed to use the brush? I find it really hard to manage to make the lashes looking acceptable, usually i have to wipe it off start over again. Really annoying in the morning when i dont have much time. This stuff makes your lashes clump together way too much and it can look really crazy in the roots. Also, i get a lot of black little scraps under my eyes during the day, not what i expected from a pretty expensive clinique mascara...