December 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

I cannot rave enough about Healthy Mix! I'm very pale (about NC10-15 right now), slightly oily, and highly redness-prone: everything turns my cheeks and chin bright red. So I want something that can counteract my blushing, match my neck, and still look natural.

I tried Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua for a while, but the lightest colour was still orange on me, and the high alcohol content ended up drying out my cheeks horribly, so I returned it and went back to my usual MAC MSFN. It works, but it's still too dark on my winter complexion, and can make my skin feel really tight and flaky if it's extremely cold or dry out. Then, while binge-watching Lisa Eldrige videos, I heard her rave about this for paler complexions. I read some reviews, looked at swatches, and finally purchased Vanille Clair 51 from ASOS.com (which is the only reliable way for me to get this foundation in the US, I couldn't even find it on Amazon). I believe it cost me about $16 - $18.

It was love at first application. It is a perfect match, the exact pale yellowy shade I've been looking for since I started wearing makeup (everything pale is always too pink!!!). It is literally undetectable on my skin when I apply with my fingers. It honestly looks like I'm not wearing makeup, and that my skin is a glowing porcelain. It IS a little dewier than I'm used to, but I can just add ELF HD powder on top and it's fine all day. No transfering, no fading, no oxidizing. The smell and finish are highly reminiscent of Chanel's VA, but since it doesn't have the alcohol content, my cheeks are happy and balanced. I love the packaging as well: glass with a red plastic pump, and a push-up mechanism inside so that all the content will be used!

Lastly, I have yet to break out with this, and the bottle looks like I haven't even used it because it's so full, even though I've been wearing it (about 2 full pumps worth) daily since I got it about a month ago. I don't think I'll stray from this, and when summer rolls around, I'll be getting the darker Vanille shade as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by belle_azure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this ... but I was left disappointed. I have dry skin and this foundation clung on to dry patches. It also did not cover hyper pigmentation and broke me out. The consistency is very thin and does not absorb into the skin, but rather lies on top. I really have to work this into my skin or else I'm left with streaks. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by modelnatasharose

I ADORE THIS FOUNDATION . its great for everyday wear although it doesnt have spf . but im glad it doesnt because foundations with spf usually break me out. im very acne prone with combination to dry skin. it doesnt accentuate my dry patches. one thing i dont like is the packaging . its glass ( not travel friendly) and the pump is sooo messy but the product is flawless. i get a full medium coverage . but on me it doesnt get to full. just medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by massie80

Great foundation, lovely texture and great smell. It has a good staying power and a medium-high coverage. It doesn't make my skin break out or causes little bumps. It gives your face a nice glow without looking oily or very dewy. Also my skin feels very soft and smooth.

Luv it and it's my new HG!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to see how it compares to the original Healthy Mix, and I haven't actually noticed any difference other than the new name and packaging of Radiance Reveal.

Coverage:
Easily built up from sheer to a good medium, if you push it more it will look somewhat cakey, but not powdery, as this is a dewy foundation. I have very reddish acne marks which stand out a lot on my pale skin, and I find that I can still get good coverage with this even without concealer. I apply a layer over my whole face to even out my skin tone, and then spot-treat the marks that are still showing with dabs of this foundation, so it can double up as concealer.

Finish:
I have dry skin pretty much everywhere except my forehead, which gets oily throughout the day, and I get a dewy or satin-matte finish with this depending on how I apply it. If you apply this with a damp sponge, you'll get a very dewy finish. Some days I leave it like that, some days I powder a little bit. If I apply this with a dry sponge or my fingers, it's an almost matte finish on my dry skin, which I don't like as much, but will do it if I don't have time to blend with a sponge. I find this foundation difficult to apply with my fingers as it is very fluid and seems like it needs to be pushed into the skin a bit.

Lasting power:
Definitely not the 16 hours it claims, but it will look good for about 8 hours, after which (on me at least) it fades. It does transfer unfortunately. Powdering or touching it up doesn't seem to increase the staying power for me, but it does tone down the dewy-ness. I couldn't ask for more from an everyday dewy drugstore foundation, I like this.

Colour:
The shades are on the yellow side, which I like because I have yellow undertones, but very pink undertoned people out there may not like this. My skin is also very light, and I find that drugstore foundations almost never have colours that work with my skin. Maybelline's colour ranges don't go light enough and are too pink, same with Rimmel, Revlon, Collection 2000, Manhattan and pretty much all the drugstore ranges. But Bourjois definitely get props for having light enough shades that work with very light skin. I use shade 51 (light vanilla), and maybe 52 in the summer, but 51 still works. I'm also 51 in their 1,2,3 Perfect foundation and 71 (the lightest) in their 10-Hour Sleep Effect foundation. Those shades all look the same, which is a plus. If you layer this a lot, it does get quite yellow and it may need to be brought down the neck, but it isn't drastic.

Price:
This sells between 10 and 11 pounds (UK), but you can find it cheaper on eBay. Go and shade-match yourself in the drugstore, and order the shade you are on eBay. You can find Radiance Reveal for 7-9 pounds there, and the original Healthy Mix can still be found, for between 6-9 pounds as well. I've ordered both this way, and have not once had any problems.

Packaging:
I preferred the plastic container of the original Healthy Mix, but unfortunately they've switched it to glass with the new Radiance Reveal. It's much heavier now, and god forbid you drop it. It's still a pump, but I don't think it has the mechanism on the bottom that pushes all the contents up that original Healthy Mix has, and that was very handy.

Smell:
A very pleasant fruity smell, pretty much the same as the original one. It doesn't irritate me, never has. Never had breakouts with this foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jessowen23

I purchased this product around 4 months ago and it has been my savior. I have tried other products such as the Rimmel Stay Matte so I decided to bite the bullet and go for a non-matte foundation regardless of the fact my skin is normally quite oily. I was probably the best decision I have made. It has a lovely light feel to it and goes on really easily especially with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush followed by a touch of setting powder. It brightens your skin dramatically and doesn't feel at all cakey or heavy on the skin. The smell was fab, fruity yet not over powering. The coverage was good and coverage any redness I had.

The only negative thing I do have to say is that it comes out on clothing quite a bit, especially collared shirts. Also I found it broke through the powder after a couple of hours but that could be easily fixed. I guess everyone will find this different so just go try it for yourself!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ZoeLouise123

I have skin that is quite prone to break outs and this foundation covers the redness as well as the scarring. I have combination skin and it goes on well and the normal and oily sections, though it does settle strangely on very dry skin - but that is the same with most foundations.
I have shade 51 (light vanilla?) which is the lightest shade, it is perfect for me from November-March but when I get a tan the other shades are too yellow for my skin tone.
I have recently re-purchased this after my first bottle ran out after just under a year. Goes on well with my real techniques Expert Face Brush as well as any flat top buffing brush. Great quality for a good price, would definitely buy for a third time unless I find something else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I have heard so many raves about this product, so about half a year ago, I finally decided to purchase it. And oh my - it changed my view on Bourjois foundations!

I can be described as a high end makeup girl simply because I was afraid the drugstore ones are a waste of money (due to poor color range, bad longevity and so on). But Healthy Mix change my view on things.

Packaging: it comes in this nice handy plastic tube with a pump and what I love the most is that the uplifting mechanism of it that pushes the product up - so you waste not even a drop of the product! Amazing

Scent & Texture: the texture of this is quite nice and builds up/smooths out very nicely. The Scent is very nice and somehow reminds me of berries and a little bit of Chanel foundations. It doesn't stick to the skin though, but every time I grab my foundation brush - it smells very nice.

Application: is very very easy. I find this to be my slap on/in-hurry product. I apply mine with a nice buffing synthetic brush and I believe synthetic bristles are best for this kind of foundations.

Finish: it is medium-full (can be used slightly and give you light coverage) dries to this semi-matte, velvety finish which might get a little bit shiny in my T-zone (despite me having dry skin) - so sometimes I powder it slightly through the nose, forehead and chin. I find it slightly similar to my Vitalumiere Aqua, but still Chanel one looks slightly better

Longevity: I fairly believe this one has great long-lasting power that lasts (don't know about 16hrs) but for 12hrs for sure! I don't see it dissolving or creating patches or anything like that at all.

Feel: I have got dry skin and I don't find this product ever drying my skin out! Even when I wear it all day.

I believe this is the brilliant product for those who don't want to splurge on high-end expensive foundations - yet have a great product.
The only down-side to the Healthy Mix is that it comes in such a small variety of shades. I found my perfect shade though which is when I have no tan on - NC30 (Mac) is compatible with #52 (Vanilla).

When I run out of this, I quite see myself reaching out for the new tube.

For more reviews on other great makeup products head here:

---
I actually also tried the new version of Healthy Mix that says 'Glow' on it. It comes in a glass bottle without an uplifting mechanism (which I already don't like) and has somewhat similar finish to the original Healthy Mix one, but with a very hardly noticeable sheen to it. It smells also similar to the original formula, but not as much. Like if Bourjois decided to tone down the scent in the new formula.
I am not as much in love with the Healthy Mix liquid foundation that says 'Glow' on it (I don't remember the exact name of it) but it is a good product nevertheless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice light foundation good for everyday use! I did buy a colour too dark so only use it when I tan. It also has a fruity scent so lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I like this foundation but I don't love it. It is extremely light weight and the overall effect it creates and the longevity throughout the day reminds me very much or Josie Maran's matchmaking liquid foundation which I love. The difference is of course if that Josie Maran foundation has argan oil in it and it is slightly mattifying. This Bourjois foundation is very light coverage (at least for me) and I had no problem smoothing it out on my skin over Hourglass minearl veil primer. It stayed semi-matte for an hour or so and became dewy quite quickly (I have combo skin). The one thing I do not care for in this foundation is that for some reason when I set it with powder, after awhile my skin looks rather chalky and greesy at the same time. So I have to smooth out my skin with a velure puff and use a blotting powder to set it again by mid-day.
I am in a process of ordering Mally's poreless skin perfector so hopefully that will make the foundation stay more even and and appear less greesy.
I do like it overall and will continue to use it but since I have an oily t-zone I just have to work with it.