E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PVP, Triethanolamine , Triacontanyl PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 6/23/2012 5:03:00 PM

I love this mascara! Goes on smooth, one coat, no clumps. It isn't readily available in Canada, so I have been trying in vain to find a similar formula, but nothing yet comes close.

on 6/18/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Meh...I've used MUCH better mascaras, but it's just not for me...it's okay for the lower lash line, but like I said, I've used better, I've used worse...

on 6/15/2012 4:09:00 AM

I love this mascara. Like, love love. Not even because of the price, as I'd still buy it if it were 5x more expensive. The first time I put it on I was just testing it on top of my Lash Blast. It was so much blacker than the "very black" LB that I felt a little cheated. It's a lovely inky color akin to MUFE Smoky Lash. Doesn't do a whole lot for volume but loads for lengthening, making this my perfect daytime mascara. Holds a curl well, doesn't flake at all, and yeah, $3? Seriously?

on 6/15/2012 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I finally got my first ELF haul and I must say that this was a lovely, unexpected surprise. I mean, I knew I had purchased it - but I didn't expect to be so happy with it!

The ELF brush is brilliant in this - no comb needed because it doesn't clump! I previously used Body Shop's mascara and I would have to follow Goss's trick of applying mascara to a eyelash comb and then apply it to my eyelashes to avoid the clumps. Its also nicely lengthens whilst keeping to that natural look - I'm not a falsies-kinda girl so the lack of any additional volume is fine by me.

The packaging is basic, black and discrete so I wouldn't think twice of carrying it around (what can I say? I'm not one for oversized tubes in neon colors). The price, of course, is the topper - living in South East Asia means that I end up paying triple for ELF - but its still half the price of my Body Shop mascara! I've only just started using this and already I'm on the lookout to buy extra for squirreling away.

Pros

- No clumping
- Nice brush / Discrete packaging
- Nice lengthening effect
- Affordable

Cons

- Errmm.. can't think of any!
- Okay, maybe its lack of availability in SE Asia
- Lack of volume (but seriously, this is a plus for me!)

on 6/11/2012 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara! First I will say I love a natural look that enhances my eyelashes without making them look like spider legs, clumpy, or dry. So many mascaras I've tried either are awful right away, or they are nice for the first two applications then they start clumping or worse. I've used expensive department store ones, natural ones, drug store (Maybelline, etc). and they have been either OK or not so OK... but none that really impress me enough to stop me from shopping around.

There was one mascara I tried that was good but it was expensive. Because mascara is one of those cosmetics that should be thrown away after 4-6 months, I just can't see spending a lot of money on it especially since it won't even be empty when I throw it away. I really hate that.

So anyway, I saw this mascara when I was buying a couple e.l.f. items. I am amazed at this thing. It is just beautiful; and each time I use it there are still no clumps. And the price makes me very comfortable when it is time to discard it and repurchase.

And another thing... this mascara does NOT make my eyes water or get red like some do. It just gives me clean looking, smooth, defined lashes that are just perfect.

Hey e.l.f., please do not discontinue this ever.

It has become my favorite, hands down. Amazing!!

on 5/29/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS MASCARA!! It is actually one of the first mascara that i bought! I love the wand the most! really inexpensive! simple packaging... WILL REPURCHASE! Please Check me out in YOUTUBE! MACaholic117, i do tutorials and other beauty related videos... (This is my first review here)

on 5/23/2012 10:29:00 PM

A natural mascara, nothing glam
Price: $3.24 USD
Pkg: rubber (silicon) bristles
Colour: black
Length: good
Volume: not much
It doesn't hold a curl and really boringly natural at best. I tried layering wet and dry and neither seems to work on this. You really can't expect much from $3 huh?

on 5/22/2012 8:15:00 PM

This applied very well. It didn't clump at all. The brush separated my lashes very well, although I find these plastic/rubber brushes kind of uncomfortable to use. It gave me more of a natural look versus a dramatic look. But the problem with it is that one hour after applying it, I looked in the mirror and was horrified. I looked like I had two black eyes. It had smudged so badly under my eyes, giving me the most horrific raccoon eyes. Into the garbage can it went.

on 5/9/2012 10:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OMG....I was so impressed with this mascara! And the price?! Whoa....this has got to be one of the best mascaras, hands down, that I have ever used at any price point. First, absolutely NO clumps! I have very sensitive eyes and this didn't bother me at all. It didn't flake or fade off mid-day either. The best part is that it gives me great length and volume but I can't even feel the weight of it on my lashes. Plus, they were soft to the touch too. I liked the minimalist, basic black packaging and the brush is just perfect. This is definitely now my "go to" mascara. I will definitely purchase it again and I highly recommend it.

on 4/25/2012 11:57:00 PM

AMAZING mascara!!! Doesn't clump, separates lashes effectively, and does a great job at lengthening. I've used so many mascaras, from the expensive to the inexpensive and nothing compares to E.L.F.'s Mineral Infused Mascara. It makes my lashes look almost false in that it gives them am almost perfect look. HG mascara for me!