December 19, 2014 | 1622 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by SassyCassie06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I haven't had to use foundation in a couple years, but I have currently been blessed with the onset of slight adult acne and have some redness and blemishes I wanted to start concealing since adult acne is embarrasing. I had never bought a foundation brush from MAC before, or a foundation from them, and the lady at the MAC store put the Select SPF 15 NW30 Liquid Foundation on my face with the 130 brush and I fell in love with the airbrushed perfect look! It was expensive($40) but it was worth every penny! It is so easy to apply and buff into every area of my face, and it is perfect for my liquid foundation and even my finishing powder. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I have had a couple bristles come out which suck to pick off when I have applied my make up already, but it only has done it a couple times so no big deal. Definately would recommend this perfect brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

The very first MAC brush I ever bought, and I'm in love! I don't really wear foundation that much...only on my t-zone if I'm having a bad day, but when I do, I use this brush, and I also use it for applying cream blush. It blends super well and does give an airbrushed look. And it doesn't shed! I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only wear foundation for special occasions or when I'm sleep-deprived and need extra help pulling off a fresh-faced look in the morning. I bought this foundation brush along with Studio Fix Fluid because I wanted to be able to replicate the look the SA created on me. I love the brush--I really can't imagine ever applying foundation without it. It is somewhat pricey, but you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I am a brush connoisseur. I have tons of 187s and 188s among my huge stash of brushes. I'd had my eye on this, but wasn't sure what I'd use this for. I purchased this with my Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation compact, and wow, I love it! The 187 is too long for my liking with foundation, and so is the 188, but the duo fibers on the 130 are perfect! Just firm enough, but still springy, and doesn't leave that dreaded streaked look! I was afraid the tiny brush head would mean tedious work, but I was wrong. It's so easy to buff all over! It's even easy to get under my jaw line and feel confident I don't have a streaky mess. Because it is tiny, I think this could work well with highlighters, but I can't see it being beneficial for blush (too tiny/concentrated). Yes, it is expensive, but in the long run I find in general MAC's brushes hold up very well, and I've experienced no shedding yet. A fantastic brush that I would repurchase if the product called for it/I lost it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by DonnaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first MAC foundation brush. I was using another brand of foundation brush similar in size & diameter to the MAC 187. The 130 is indeed considerably smaller than the 187 (which appeared to be a major factor in many reviews I read prior to purchase), however, I like the smaller size as it is much easier to use given the shorter handle. I read reviews of the 130 that complained that it took "too long" to apply foundation due to its small size, however, for me this just did not hold true. It took the same amount of time for me to apply my liquid foundation using the 130 as it did using the 187 "clone". The 130's smaller size made it much easier to apply foundation around the eyes and nose compared to the larger 187.

At $40, this brush is indeed pricey but I decided to go with the higher priced MAC as my $16 "187 clone" keeps bleeding "black color" every time I wash it....not sure whats up with that! (Guess the old saying you get what you pay for holds true in makeup tools to) I will have to wait longer on the MAC brush to add to this review when it comes to any color bleeding when washed.

For now I find the MAC 130 living up to its reputation as one of the best foundation brushes on the market. I used the Pink Egg Beauty Blender sponges for several years now and really like them that is until I tried the 130!, Now I'm sticking with the MAC 130 as it does give an "air brushed" look and uses a lot less foundation in the process. ( I still love the Beauty Blender for applying my concealer).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by subtlelikeatank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was dubious at first, but this brush has become indispensable for me. It is perfect for liquid foundation--you get the benefits of using a 187-type brush and a kabuki or 109-type brush. It works well for cream blushes, powders, and blending concealer as well. It's small so it fits everywhere on the face. I'm not happy with the price but it's MAC so I just have to bite the bullet. I would buy it again if I lost it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

MAC's brushes are expensive, but worth it. If you take care of them, like any brush, you will have them for a while. I wanted a good powder brush, but I got so much more. This gives me great coverage with my powder foundation. I also use it to apply cream blush on clients, liquid foundation and moisturizer. This is a must have brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Roowsiejj

this brush is in 1 word AMAZING! though I love my Beauty Blender, it can't beat this MAC 130 brush.

this is my first MAC brush ever, and I LOVE it. though it's quite expensive, it's worth it! it gives me this airbrush finish like nothing else,,, it actually makes me look like I'm not wearing make up, while I have pretty uneven (bad..) skin.. i absolutely adore how it makes my skin look like its perfect!

I absolutely don't regret buying it! HG for putting my foundation on!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

MACs DONE IT AGAIN!!!
man you gotta love MAC... this brush is PERFECT... it gives me the kind of finish that the 109 does WITHOUT THE SHEDDING... flawless finish.... i am a FIRM believer that you can use the best foundation in the world but if your applicator is below par... youve wasted your money. the brush isnt cheap but its worth it... if you care for your brushes they last a lifetime so its worth the investment. ENJOY LOOKING FABULOUS LADIES :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by simbelmyne0216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've decided to dedicate my first MUA review to this lovely, tiny and awesome brush. Yes, I did pay $35 for it, but it lives up to EVERY PENNY. First off, I got the mac 187 for my liquid foundation because I think stippling brushes are great tools for achieving a flawless, light yet an even look, but both of my liquid foundations, the Diorskin Nude and Revlon Colorstay, are quite thick and would leave streaks on my face if I applied them with the 187. So, I got the 130, thinking that its tiny brush head is more firm and would reach areas like the undereye area and the nose. Turned out it lived up to EVERY expectation I had! It left absolutely no streaks on my face because of its denser and firmer bristles compared with the 187, and it buffs like a dream. It also reached small areas for an absolutely flawless look. I'm just in LOVE and would never go to another brush again for my liquid foundation! Though I'm thinking of getting a lighter liquid foundation to use with my 187, this won't happen in short term because I have the 130 already, which is just perfect.

I also read elsewhere that this brush is also awesome for multiples and cream-based blush. Would love to try that sometime.