Sleek Storm Palette

4.4

on 5/5/2011 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Don't buy the UD Naked Palette, get this instead! I ordered this online and it cost about $25 CAD in total with shipping. It only took 4 business days for this palette to ship from the UK to Canada which is pretty good.

The shadows are creamy, pigmented, and every single shade is beautiful. I use this palette everyday.

on 5/5/2011 10:19:00 AM

This is the reason I'll never need the UD Naked Palette!

Gorgeous neutral colours, browns, for everyday use, for a dark smokey eye in blue, black, purple.
Some lovely highlights, golds, champagne colours.
Some matte, some shimmery.
An amazing black!

All the colours are so pigmented and go on like a dream.
So very cheap.
The packaging is really nice and sleek (go figure).
Absolutely LOVE this palette - my go-to palette for every day and night!

on 5/4/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my first forage into the world of Sleek, and I must admit I'm impressed. The colours are very pigmented and a little goes a long, long way - in fact, they stay put all day without the need for retouching or fixing. This palette will last me for ages, and is my favourite of all the Sleek offerings (I find the others a little too 'paintbox' for my liking - especially the Bohemian one with its bright green and yellow. I mean, who wears yellow eyeshadow?? A canary??) This is excellent value for money for a DS brand, and I'm even getting used to the weird criss-cross hetchmarks on the eyeshadows; they remind me of potato waffles, but I'll get over it :)
As I've already said, this palette will last me for ages, but I'd definitely buy it again.

on 2/5/2011 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love, love, love this palette! I have 4 other Sleek palettes, but this is one that I can use everyday. Perfect for days when I want to stay neutral, but you can also smoke it up with the darker colors for more dramatic looks. I get so many compliments from the looks I create with this palette. I really like the lighter matte shade (3rd from the left) as a blending color and as a transition color between my crease and my brow highlight. I also love the black shadow as an eyeliner.

I have had no problem with staying power. I do my make-up at 8am and I get home at 8pm with shadow fully intact. I use UDPP and Revlon Iluminance Creme Shadow for base.

on 2/4/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I enjoy this palette very much. I don't wear bright colours - my go-to colours are usually browns and at most purples, and so it was hard for me to choose a palette in the Sleek range that I would wear often and this is probably the only one. I wish they release more palettes with more neutral colours but I guess that is not Sleek's style. Anyway, the textures of all the colours of the palette are extremely smooth and blendable, even the matte ones! I even love the teal, green and blue colours! Just that I don't get a lot of chance wearing them.

Amazing palette. Compared to the original this is probably the one to get if you like neutral, smokey looks and less colourful eyeshadows.
The colours are amazing quality and shades which look good on all skintones.
You can apply lightly for a sheerer look, foil or use a base for a brighter look or layer to create new colours and effects.
I seriously cannot be without the palette and use it everyday and for special occasions.
Colours very comparable to the Urban Decay Naked palette if you don't have the money
Best colours: Champagne, 2 Golds, Chocolate brown and the matte black brown
Worst colours: The dark blue looks good in the pan but it doesn't give off a good colour and the glitters really chunky and messy (the navy in the original palette is better)
My favourite look is using the champagne, golds and chocolate brown for a gorgeous gold neutral smokey eye adding some of the darker matte shades for more smoke
Another great look is using the matte black all over than layering the gold shade wet over the top for a really original antique gold colour that looks like you've use a mac pigment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette. The colours are beautiful and really well pigmented. The steel blue colour is unique and my favourite colour. The packaging is good but the applicator is not so good I find it better to apply with an eyeshadow brush. I love Sleek I have 3 of their palettes and this is the best one by far because the neutral colours are so wearable everyday.

on 1/9/2011 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

great product. great colors and the price is awesome. Would recommend

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Nice smokey shadows with nice shimmery highlight shades. Thin palette, not expensive for the amount of product you get. I love the waffle embossing. Okay shadows. Apply nicely, nice colors, don't wear too well. I use them with UDPP underneath but they still fade a lot as the day ends. Good drugstore product, wish they were easily available in the US.

on 11/8/2010 12:33:00 PM

OMG!!! i actually am in love with this pallette! you get 12 eyeshadows which are all the same size and similar quality to mac shadows for only 5.99 i mean somebody tell me that isnt a good deal! my fave look is to put the matt black over the lid then put the shimmery gold over that... lush!!!

Popular Palettes