July 22, 2014 | 1883 users online

Palettes - Sleek - Storm Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I enjoy this palette very much. I don't wear bright colours - my go-to colours are usually browns and at most purples, and so it was hard for me to choose a palette in the Sleek range that I would wear often and this is probably the only one. I wish they release more palettes with more neutral colours but I guess that is not Sleek's style. Anyway, the textures of all the colours of the palette are extremely smooth and blendable, even the matte ones! I even love the teal, green and blue colours! Just that I don't get a lot of chance wearing them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by GeorgiasMakeUpAddiction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing palette. Compared to the original this is probably the one to get if you like neutral, smokey looks and less colourful eyeshadows.
The colours are amazing quality and shades which look good on all skintones.
You can apply lightly for a sheerer look, foil or use a base for a brighter look or layer to create new colours and effects.
I seriously cannot be without the palette and use it everyday and for special occasions.
Colours very comparable to the Urban Decay Naked palette if you don't have the money
Best colours: Champagne, 2 Golds, Chocolate brown and the matte black brown
Worst colours: The dark blue looks good in the pan but it doesn't give off a good colour and the glitters really chunky and messy (the navy in the original palette is better)
My favourite look is using the champagne, golds and chocolate brown for a gorgeous gold neutral smokey eye adding some of the darker matte shades for more smoke
Another great look is using the matte black all over than layering the gold shade wet over the top for a really original antique gold colour that looks like you've use a mac pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by makeuprocks123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette. The colours are beautiful and really well pigmented. The steel blue colour is unique and my favourite colour. The packaging is good but the applicator is not so good I find it better to apply with an eyeshadow brush. I love Sleek I have 3 of their palettes and this is the best one by far because the neutral colours are so wearable everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

great product. great colors and the price is awesome. Would recommend

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice smokey shadows with nice shimmery highlight shades. Thin palette, not expensive for the amount of product you get. I love the waffle embossing. Okay shadows. Apply nicely, nice colors, don't wear too well. I use them with UDPP underneath but they still fade a lot as the day ends. Good drugstore product, wish they were easily available in the US.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by sugarmouse05

OMG!!! i actually am in love with this pallette! you get 12 eyeshadows which are all the same size and similar quality to mac shadows for only 5.99 i mean somebody tell me that isnt a good deal! my fave look is to put the matt black over the lid then put the shimmery gold over that... lush!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Bimbi26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Before I had purchased this product, I previously owned the original palette and honestly that was AMAZING. It was so pigmented and lasted all day even without a primer!
I personally prefer neutral eye shadows so i didn't really use the bold colours...and this palette didn't have a wide range of neutrals. Then I found this.

It has 3 matt shadows and 9 shimmery. This palette is perfect if your like me and you love your browns!
Its very inexpensive as it is only 5.99 for 12 awesome eye shadows! i suggest you guys to purchase this!

It comes with a huge mirror and double sided applicator that has a rather long handle so if you prefer you could apply it with this easily.

I couldn't be any happier with this product although if i had to choose one down side, it would be that their isn't really an appropriate highlight colour...for me anyway. I prefer my highlight to be a matt white but that doesn't stop me from loving this! This is great for travelling too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by desiree77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

For the two matte shades - the intense, concentrated black and the tan creamy, opaque tan that matches my skintone (NC 30-35) perfectly - I would definitely repurchase this. Oh, and the dark brown matte - both this and the black are brilliant as eyeliner depending on how natural or dramatic I want to go. In fact, after I discovered how easily and the black works as eyeliner (no smudging and very long-lasting with a slanted eyeliner brush), I happily gave away my everyday black liquid liner to my sister. Very versatile, and brilliant for travel.

The palette is overall an incredible value for the range and pigmentation of shades, but I agree that the finish leaves something to be desired - most of the shades are shimmery, some bordering on frosty but not too frosty. The fallout is also unavoidable on some of these shades (the dark blue and green esp.) I find that these fallout shades are chunky, but do finish okay on the lids with a decent shadow brush. Shadows also blend well - earlier today I mixed the burgundy with the navy and ended up with a convincing purple. But the fallout was a pain to manage given the high pigmentation.

Definitely a no-brainer to try and use, given how affordable it is. Overall 4 lippies for quality, with a bonus .5 lippie for the super affordability :-)

p.s. As a tip, their newer palettes seem to be of much higher quality...I just got my hands on the Bad Girl palette, and the shadows are much more finely milled and pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I know this palette is getting a lot of love, but I'm not crazy about it. The shades are mostly uninspiring, though there are one or two that I really do like. What I don't like about this palette is that all the shades are either completely matte, or too frosty. Not shimmery, but overly frosty in my opinion. The black is excellent though, super pigmented and works really well as a liner. I do like the packaging as well, it's small and sturdy, though it feels cheap. Also note that these shadows are very small, not that I'm worried about using one up or anything :) I never reach for this palette, since I only like one or two shades plus the black.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An inexpensive palette with beautiful, richly-pigmented eyeshadows. A great mix of neutrals and deeper shades, most with shimmer. The shadows are mineral-based and easy to blend. You don't need to load up you brush with these babies or you'll get some fall-out, esp. with the darker shades. I use a light hand with these. This palette is cheaper in the UK and runs around $10 US though the shipping is steep at $13 , but I think this palette is worth $23. However, I'd get this with a larger order (I bought several other palettes as gifts to make myself feel better about the shipping cost).****EDIT: I swapped this. Just didn't reach for it ever. Hated the idea of it collecting dust in my drawer. If you already have a ton of shadows you can pass this one up. However, I think it's a great starter kit for those just getting into shadows.