April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this more as a highlighter, but it's beautiful as a bronzer as well! Very gorgeous glow and the compact comes with quite a bit of product, especially for the affordable price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sherayapapaya

It worked as a Bronzer for me. I also quite liked the glow. Will buy it again if I ever make it through the whole thing!
Edit: No longer using it, looked great, but didn't last very long at all on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by loveedani

I'm not one to usually write a product review, but boy do I love this! My skin has been very dry lately, so i've been really into having my face look glowy. I was kinda confused when it said it was a bronzer, it definitely isnt. It is way too light. I love applying this all over to give my face a nice luminosity. It's perfect. I've searched high and low for a great highlighter, and this definitely fits the part. Even on my oily days I'll use this on top of a mattifying powder, just so my skin doesnt look too matte. It really gives a nice sheen to the skin, not glittery at all. The packaging is a bit chunky but oh well. It's defnitely the best drugstore highlighter/illuminator out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by dela_cerna

I am usually kinda secretive about things that make me look 10x better, since we all love to claim that it's all natural (ha!).
I don't even review much but I have to share with you all my love for this product.

Okay, yeah, it's definitely not a bronzer-- not even on a pale person. Yeah it can be a highlighter, but I'm not the biggest fan of that since I've got oily skin, and highlighting usually make my face look greasy in photos. Flattering!

I use Tiki as an all over illuminator. I dust my face with a small amount of it before foundation, and if I'm feeling extra glowy, I'll swipe some of this and swirl it with my finishing powder. The result: perfection. I have received compliments from my mom and other ladies that my skin looks amazing (which it definitely isn't), and even my boyfriend who never notices anything, told me the other day that my skin looks fantastic. This is what I wanted Too Faced Candlelight powder to be. That turned out to be a glitterball mess. But this, when used with a light hand and some buffing, really comes out natural.

It's not glittery, it's not frosty, it will just make you look glowy and healthy, which is perfect for those of us who want a more natural look. Must have even for oily skinned girls!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by chan024

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this as a highligher. Bronzers should not have any shimmer in it--that defeats the purpse. But this product is great for adding a slight sheen of shimmer to your cheeks. The packaging is pretty cute as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by macgirl1141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

for a $9 "bronzer" its really a win or lose buy.
though it dosent have much pigmentation to it, it still gives you a nice shimmer to your skin but not as much as a good bronzer would. if you really want a darker tone with your bronzer, i reccomend getting a shade darker than your natural color or just simply purchasing another product. i have mine in my skin tone and i would say i have pretty fair skin. i (personally) like what the bronzer does but it dosent really do what a bronzer should.( its sort of similar to macs mineralized skin finish, if any of you have tried that.) it gives you a shimmer but dosent really make you look like you have a sun kissed glow because it dosent really add color. One other thing ive had problems with is that its really packed down and hard to get up with a regular bronzing or powder brush. i reccomend using a kabuki and just buffing it onto your skin in circular motions and thats probably the most pigment you'll get out of it. overall, i would rate this product a 4 out of 5 and i dont regret buying it and would possibly buy it again, though i will try other bronzers too! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as a straight up bronzer and was REALLY disappointed. Mostly because, despite it's name, it isn't a bronzer. It's a highlighter. Once I finally realized that I fell in love. It reminds me a lot of MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes, but I haven't used those in so long I can't give it a legitimate comparison. The color is so natural on my skin, I love it. I pair it with a matte blush and it gives me the perfect healthy glow.

I gave the packaging a low rating because the top broke off. Otherwise, it's fine, that just was annoying.

I'm really confused as to why they marketed it as a bronzer, though? It is such a pale highlighter, I can't imagine anyone actually wearing it as such. It wouldn't even work as a contour. And as an all over type-deal it would look like you took a shimmer bath, which looks good on approximately nobody.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not really a bronzer-gal, and already knew from MUA reviews that this wasn't a bronzer so much as a highlighter/illuminator. Well, an illuminator was exactly what I wanted, so I picked this up on a recent excursion to the local W-Mart.
Leaves a beautiful highlight on the skin, without being cakey, powdery-looking, or OTT on the glitter. I'm really liking this product a lot and will re-purchase in the unlikely event I ever finish this container!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely not a bronzer; not sure why HC thinks it's even close to one but regardless- once you get past that it's a beautiful light beigey-gold highlighter which does seem to be a good dupe for MAC By Candlelight MSF. Since that was what I was after and not a bronzer, it's a winner for me. It's also very similar to Prestige's mineral blush/highlighter in the large square compact (the lightest shade; I forget the name). I prefer the HC version though; its not as frosty as the Prestige and a lot cheaper than MAC. Basically, if you want a great MSF dupe, pay no attention to the part that says "bronzer", and pick this up next time you're at Wallyworld. Do yourself another favor while you're in the mu aisle and grab a couple of the HC blush crush baked blushes too while you're at it. They are just as good, albeit a little smaller in size, but excellent MSF dupes as well (think Petticoat, Porcelain Pink, Light Flush, etc).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lovebug32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

definitely NOT a bronzer, but makes a great highlighter for my fair skin gives me an all over glow without looking too shiny