September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

A new review of this product is long overdue. This is the absolute best foundation product ever! Pur Minerals 4in1 Pressed Mineral Powder is perfect. It has a mineral base, it's an excellent concealer, it provides amazing coverage all over the face, and it has an spf of 15. I am on my second compact and if this ever gets discontinued, I do not know what I will do because there is no other foundation that can do for me what this can. My shade, deep, is not the easiest to find, so to ensure that I am covered for the year, I need a back-up. This is it for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Elle02

This is for the newer 4 in 1 powder foundation from Pur. I had tried the original, and did not like. This, I LOOOOOVE! Really pretty, very natural looking (I apply lightly with sponge, over concealer) gorgeous color match and usually I am DIFFICULT!) I have blond hair, mid-fair skin , and green eyes, and the Blush Medium is perfect. Plus, my skin loves it, and is looking better each day without makeup. Softens flaws and wrinkles for me. My husband said I look 10 years younger on the first day I tried. Many odd, random compliments, and I know it is this foundation. Lasts all day for me, and I look much better with it. . I am no longer looking for foundations now, and I was on the hunt for YEARS!!! in high and low end, in every form and color. SO much money wasted, looking to look like this makes me look. Try it, I hope it works as well for you

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by snodog16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is definitely my favourite foundation! It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and it has just the right amount of coverage-sheer to medium, but totally build-able!! The only negative things I have to say is it sometimes accentuates any dry patches (so make sure to moisturize!) and the price is, well, this product is on the pricey side-but I feel these are definitely not deal breakers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely a full-coverage foundation...which I love. I use a dense but soft powder brush from Fresh and I barely need to touch up any leftover redness. Because it's so heavy I recommend putting on concealer first on any spots. Too much of this will certainly make you look cakey. Does a fabulous job controlling oil and seems to last on meall day. Also it lasts a long time. No hitting pan yet but I switch fdtns depending on my mood! Good shade choices also. No oxidation which is normally a big problem for me. Also LOVE LaPrairie and LM so this is now in my top 3. Still waiting to try out the reformulated Dior forever. Oh and FYI I don't know if I'm just stupid but it took me like 3 weeks to realize the mirror and sponge are under the powder. Not easy to use them but great coverage is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by KikkomanLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Practically almost done with my first pan of this! SO HAPPY! :) I was using Bare Minerals before this and MAN, I can't believe so many people are still wearing that SH*T! Pur Minerals 4-in-1 is A MILLION TIMES better than BM. BM made my face looks super cakey and I'm convinced it contributed to my breakouts. One top of that, the cases are bulky and the loose powder is messy. I was pretty skeptical on trying Pur Minerals at first because of it's solid form(more likely to cause breakouts) but I can say that I have not had one single makeup caused breakout since I made the switch. It has literally saved my skin from breakouts and hyper-pigmentation. PUR MINERALS IS AWESOME!

Sometimes it can look a bit too powdery, but what do you expect with a powder foundation? So before I apply, I put on a moisturizer and a primer. After I put on the foundation, if it still looks too powdery, I'll spray my face with some MAC FIX+ or some sort of facial spray liquid. I use Uriage Mineral Water Spray. And that usually does the job! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by ajlamb

I used the lightest color available and it matched my very fair skin perfectly. It is light and doesn't make my skin itchy as other minerals do. I use a very good moisturizer before applying and it makes my skin look very healthy. I noticed that at times though, it doesn't have all day staying power. I live in the South though so the humidity is a huge factor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I have gotten really protective of the skin on my face. I'm fair and my skin has a tendency to redden, so I wanted something gentle that was good for my skin and would perhaps enhance it so I didn't NEED to wear so much of it. I've used Revlon Colorstay for years but I hardly wore makeup, so ingredients weren't a big deal until recently. I was reluctant to go back to Bare Minerals, which I bought once but thought was way too cakey. So I found a lot of good info on Pur Minerals and I'm very happy! I don't think it's a miracle worker, but I like that it contains retinol. I've noticed that my skin has fewer breakouts and more even skin tone. It's not really as full-coverage as some might like, but it evens out my redness which is my main concern, and does seem to last the entire day, even in my t-zone. I also LOVE that it's pressed and in a compact, so there's no waste or mess anywhere. I bought the introductory kit, but now I'm going for a full-size compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by StephyBees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really love this product. For a few reasons:
- It makes my skin look amazing!
-It is definitely natural looking too - I don't know why some of you say it isn't - you're probably putting on too much.
- I'm also in between shades and I found the right shade for me!

I would recommend this to anyone, and I would definitely purchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Letters

I really don't like this product. For a few reasons:
1. It made me break out. Badly. And I haven't broken out in over a year.
2. It made my skin look like I was wearing TONS of makeup. Definitely not natural looking at all.
3. Not much shade selection. One was way too tan, the other was ashy. Finding an ashy foundation is hard for me cause I'm really pale. Anyway, I had to get the tanner one and mix it with a lighter powder.
4. It rubs off on EVERYTHING. You can't try things on at stores if you wear this or change clothes. Heck you even need to hold the phone a couple centimeters away from your face hen your talking if you don't want it to rub off.
5. I was way too expensive! $30 for a drugstore powder? Really? I've tried better powders that were $5.

This powder is now sitting in my closet cause they won't let me return it. =( Don't make the same mistake, don't buy this product.

I would never recommend this to anyone, maybe an enemy, and I would never ever purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 3rd one of these, so I figured I should finally get around to reviewing! I LOVE this powder. The coverage on this is fantastic! It covers up my redness better than any other product I've ever used. It also seems to make my skin glow. I don't like the chisel brush they recommended for this, it turns my face into a powdery cakey mess! Used with a lighter, fluffier brush and a light hand this is great stuff!