Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 1/12/2012 11:49:00 PM

I bought Pur after it was featured on the Today Show's Steals and Deals a few months ago...the price was ok and it came with a few other items along with the foundation. I have used Bare Minerals for a couple of years and thought I would give this a try... What a disaster! My skin is sensitive, mild rosacea and tends to become irritated easily. I dont know what ingredient is causing the trouble, but I have not had break outs like this since junior high. Color and coverage were good, and I liked that it was not a loose powder-and therefore less messy than other mineral powders but it's making a mess of my skin.
I'll be returning to Bare Minerals.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I normally, meaning pretty much since I started wearing make-up 10 years ago, don't wear foundation (or any make-up) daily. I only wear it when I have to go somewhere nice or when I'm going out at night. This is because I have acne-prone, oily skin and wearing make-up seems to make that worse. That being said...

This foundation is amazing! It's quick and easy to apply, and it doesn't make me look over-done; for these reasons, I now wear this foundation pretty much everyday! This does not cause me to break out at all which is wonderful, and a little bit provides decent coverage. It does a pretty good job of concealing imperfections, including my under-eye circles (which aren't terrible, but they're there). It is also washes off easily. I really love that it has SPF 15 too. This powder foundation is pressed, not loose, which is great because loose powder would be too messy for me and tricky to apply. I purchased the "new formula" which has skin-perfecting ingredients, but I haven't really noticed a difference with that (that part wasn't really important to me). The one negative I have about this foundation is that it does not provide the full coverage I like in a foundation for certain occations when I like to look made-up (mainly going out at night). But that's not a big deal because I have other foundations for that; just wish I could kill two birds with one stone with this foundation, so-to-speak. It costs more than I would normally pay for a foundation, but it lasts me a good while, so it's worth it I guess. Overall, wonderful foundation, I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A new review of this product is long overdue. This is the absolute best foundation product ever! Pur Minerals 4in1 Pressed Mineral Powder is perfect. It has a mineral base, it's an excellent concealer, it provides amazing coverage all over the face, and it has an spf of 15. I am on my second compact and if this ever gets discontinued, I do not know what I will do because there is no other foundation that can do for me what this can. My shade, deep, is not the easiest to find, so to ensure that I am covered for the year, I need a back-up. This is it for me.

on 12/29/2011 6:30:00 PM

This is for the newer 4 in 1 powder foundation from Pur. I had tried the original, and did not like. This, I LOOOOOVE! Really pretty, very natural looking (I apply lightly with sponge, over concealer) gorgeous color match and usually I am DIFFICULT!) I have blond hair, mid-fair skin , and green eyes, and the Blush Medium is perfect. Plus, my skin loves it, and is looking better each day without makeup. Softens flaws and wrinkles for me. My husband said I look 10 years younger on the first day I tried. Many odd, random compliments, and I know it is this foundation. Lasts all day for me, and I look much better with it. . I am no longer looking for foundations now, and I was on the hunt for YEARS!!! in high and low end, in every form and color. SO much money wasted, looking to look like this makes me look. Try it, I hope it works as well for you

on 12/18/2011 2:56:00 PM

This is definitely my favourite foundation! It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and it has just the right amount of coverage-sheer to medium, but totally build-able!! The only negative things I have to say is it sometimes accentuates any dry patches (so make sure to moisturize!) and the price is, well, this product is on the pricey side-but I feel these are definitely not deal breakers!

on 12/15/2011 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is definitely a full-coverage foundation...which I love. I use a dense but soft powder brush from Fresh and I barely need to touch up any leftover redness. Because it's so heavy I recommend putting on concealer first on any spots. Too much of this will certainly make you look cakey. Does a fabulous job controlling oil and seems to last on meall day. Also it lasts a long time. No hitting pan yet but I switch fdtns depending on my mood! Good shade choices also. No oxidation which is normally a big problem for me. Also LOVE LaPrairie and LM so this is now in my top 3. Still waiting to try out the reformulated Dior forever. Oh and FYI I don't know if I'm just stupid but it took me like 3 weeks to realize the mirror and sponge are under the powder. Not easy to use them but great coverage is worth it.

on 12/15/2011 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Practically almost done with my first pan of this! SO HAPPY! :) I was using Bare Minerals before this and MAN, I can't believe so many people are still wearing that SH*T! Pur Minerals 4-in-1 is A MILLION TIMES better than BM. BM made my face looks super cakey and I'm convinced it contributed to my breakouts. One top of that, the cases are bulky and the loose powder is messy. I was pretty skeptical on trying Pur Minerals at first because of it's solid form(more likely to cause breakouts) but I can say that I have not had one single makeup caused breakout since I made the switch. It has literally saved my skin from breakouts and hyper-pigmentation. PUR MINERALS IS AWESOME!

Sometimes it can look a bit too powdery, but what do you expect with a powder foundation? So before I apply, I put on a moisturizer and a primer. After I put on the foundation, if it still looks too powdery, I'll spray my face with some MAC FIX+ or some sort of facial spray liquid. I use Uriage Mineral Water Spray. And that usually does the job! :)

on 12/8/2011 7:50:00 AM

I used the lightest color available and it matched my very fair skin perfectly. It is light and doesn't make my skin itchy as other minerals do. I use a very good moisturizer before applying and it makes my skin look very healthy. I noticed that at times though, it doesn't have all day staying power. I live in the South though so the humidity is a huge factor.

on 12/3/2011 1:57:00 AM

I have gotten really protective of the skin on my face. I'm fair and my skin has a tendency to redden, so I wanted something gentle that was good for my skin and would perhaps enhance it so I didn't NEED to wear so much of it. I've used Revlon Colorstay for years but I hardly wore makeup, so ingredients weren't a big deal until recently. I was reluctant to go back to Bare Minerals, which I bought once but thought was way too cakey. So I found a lot of good info on Pur Minerals and I'm very happy! I don't think it's a miracle worker, but I like that it contains retinol. I've noticed that my skin has fewer breakouts and more even skin tone. It's not really as full-coverage as some might like, but it evens out my redness which is my main concern, and does seem to last the entire day, even in my t-zone. I also LOVE that it's pressed and in a compact, so there's no waste or mess anywhere. I bought the introductory kit, but now I'm going for a full-size compact.

on 11/25/2011 4:03:00 PM

I really love this product. For a few reasons:
- It makes my skin look amazing!
-It is definitely natural looking too - I don't know why some of you say it isn't - you're probably putting on too much.
- I'm also in between shades and I found the right shade for me!

I would recommend this to anyone, and I would definitely purchase it again.