St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is my favorite! i have oily skin and i used this for 6 months and my oily skin was so much better!! ive tried many products and im always gonna come back to this one! i also use the apricot scrub. thank you st ives!!!

on 3/27/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a decent cleanser, it's not the best, but it's not bad either. It won't clear up acne on its own, but if you want an everyday cleanser that isn't expensive, this is good. Also you don't need very much to get your face clean. So I'd recommend trying it.

on 3/18/2011 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For the longest time I never used any form of cleanser on my skin. I would wash my face in the shower with warm water and a wash cloth, however this did nothing good for my skin obviously. When I hit my teen years acne flared up on my face and I was in need of something to fight it. I just happened to be shopping in a local pharmacy/department store and stumbled across this. I'm a tight wad with money, so the fact that it wasn't expensive supported my decision to purchase this.

After the first time I used it, I was in LOVE. My acne was settled (I would have the occasional bump or two) and my skin looked amazing! I've relied on this product for years now, and would recommend it to anyone who is just starting to look into skin care. (typically anyone who is in or going into high school)

on 3/8/2011 2:25:00 AM

Used this for about a month, didn't aggravate my skin too bad, loved the smell, and removed my makeup well.

The only downside to this cleanser was how drying it was (which is a HUGE downside to me) enough to switch it up.

Won't be buying this again unless st.ives can make the formula less harsh in which case I'll be first in line.

I've been using this product with my Olay Pro X cleansing system, and I must say I absolutely love it. I had really bad acne that eventually cleared up, but since I have been using this cleanser I have not had 1 major breakout. Of course there is a pimple here and there, but NOTHING like it used to be. I would definitely recommend this product if you need something to maintain your acne. My skin feels much healthier after using this for over a month!

on 2/18/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm so you see a cleanser that has green tea in it and you thought it would be good for your skin since we all know green tea is good for you inside and out..right????WRONG this made my acne prone skin worse really fast. I had a few breakouts when I used this and I thought it was supposed to help with the redness WRONG I started to break out more very quickly within a few days so I immediately stopped useing this and everything calmed down with my usual few pimples not ten.I even gave this another try about a month later or so and the same thing happend again so I know this isnt meant for me and I came on here to warn others and see this doesnt agree well with others also.This has a pleasant smell tho and im wondering if it's all the fragrance that irritated me. Idk thats for them to figure out sooo St.Ives go back to the lab with this one and make something better.Do I sound angry?The pump even gets stuck when you press it down,they can't even get the bottle right lol and this is called naturally clear what a joke you would be closer to being naturally clear without this.

I really liked this at first....nice smell, great packaging...but after about a week of using it, it irritated my skin and turned my face red which is the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do. I'm usually a St. Ives fan but this was the worst face wash I've ever used! Also made my acne worse. Do NOT recommend!

on 1/29/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Just 1 month prior to my 40th Birthday, my face erupted with a massive cluster of pimples on my face (both cheeks). Get Out! I've used Oil of Olay Sensitive Face Wash since FOREVER and this would usually clear up my occasional blemish, but this was MASSIVE! So after using Clearasil, Proactive, and other acne kits, I tried St Ives Green Tea Cleanser and the Green Tea Scrub as a last resort. AWESSSSSOOOOMMME~~ these products have cleared my face to the point the clusters are gone. I now use the wash once a day and the scrub twice a week. I still use the Olay wash in the am. Using the green tea wash twice a day tends to dry my skin, but I always moisturize after. Great product. Love the packaging, especially during travel!! Try to catch it when its on sale (paid $2.99 each)

on 1/26/2011 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this product due to my acne prone skin (and I love the smell of green tea), for the first 2 weeks it seemed to be working really well, then the 3rd week came and I started to breakout everywhere! I thought maybe it was the stage where "it gets worse before it gets better", so I kept using it for another month. My skin has never been so bad, my boyfriend even suggested I stopped using it.

on 1/26/2011 11:42:00 AM

Although it felt smooth while using it and the smell was nice I would not buy this product again. Although I do have oily/combo skin anyway, my face almost seemed more oily than before I washed it, and I started to get more breakouts. Maybe due to Glycerin being the 3rd ingredient on the list. In order to use it up I wash my makeup off with it and then wash again with another cleanser.