NARS Semi-Matte in Heat Wave

4.6

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So I was walking by my fave MU counter and thought what should I try that I dont already have or havent tried...? Hmmm....Well yes! a red lipstick ofcourse!... but wait which shall I try?! Heat Wave immidiately caught my eye! What a gorgeous bright coraly (orangey) red lipstick! My fave red probably! BTW I am relatively tanned (Armani LSF 6.5)so it looks really good on my skin. It really lights up my whole face! Got so many compliments with it by now- I m amazed! I pair it with nude eyes (just black mascara) and it looks fantastic (saw this look in a Valentino show and LOVED it!). As mentioned below this colour would suit more people than they think. Looks great on pale skins as well as on tanned. With pale skin it looks very much like the old Hollywood stars, very 30's, very glamorous, classic and stylish. With tanned skin, bronzed cheeks, just black mascara on eyes it looks very modern, lively and sexy!- thats how I love wearing it with an all black or all beige (white) outfit! It is definitely a statement lipstick! Very silky smooth, longlasting, stays true, and doesnt dry out lips! I LOVE Nars! I absolutely recommend this colour! PS. I pair it with the Heat Wave lipliner.

So gorgeous - I'm over the moon I got this dirt cheap on eBay. The brightest, boldest red imaginable - scarily so in the tube, but just stunning on the mouth. It's the kind of shade that few think would work on them, but I'm convinced that it would work for all *but* few because it's in a colour chart all by itself. The only people I could think it might not work on would be fair redheads.

Anyway, it's not dry, got decent staying power, and the colour is to die for. I usually pair it with nothing else at all with makeup, and even the most casual of outfits gets a huge leg up!

It is a beautiful red - I love and use reds constantly but this really stands out. I used to go for safer browny reds but I decided to get flashy ;)
Like all Nars lippies they are better and less drying than other brands.

Oh how I love this lipstick! ...Super bright, semi-matte, red-orange... Way more on the orange side. It is, somewhat a neonish orange shade... But nonetheless a very Hollywood starlet (circa 1930s perhaps?) shade. It makes heads turn, and I love it! Not many I know can pull this off, but they can try. ;-)

This is my favorite orange-based red lipstick. When MAC discontinued Lady Danger last year, I cried and cried. Then I went over to the NARs counter. It's not as moist as MAC, but that can be a good thing, as it stays on very well. Beautiful color. People remember it. I keep several spare tubes on hand, in case of discontinuation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

VERY dramatic, red-orange, opaque texture lipstick. If you want drama, buy (or swap for) this one! However, if you don't like to stand out in a crowd, this color probably isn't for you. I've got a lot of blue in the natural color of my mouth and this one stayed true in color on me, which is highly unusual.

Recommended for Medium Skin