NARS Semi-Matte in Heat Wave

4.6

on 11/25/2003 11:46:00 AM

It is a beautiful red - I love and use reds constantly but this really stands out. I used to go for safer browny reds but I decided to get flashy ;)
Like all Nars lippies they are better and less drying than other brands.

on 7/26/2003 10:37:00 AM

Oh how I love this lipstick! ...Super bright, semi-matte, red-orange... Way more on the orange side. It is, somewhat a neonish orange shade... But nonetheless a very Hollywood starlet (circa 1930s perhaps?) shade. It makes heads turn, and I love it! Not many I know can pull this off, but they can try. ;-)

on 3/5/2003 1:39:00 AM

This is my favorite orange-based red lipstick. When MAC discontinued Lady Danger last year, I cried and cried. Then I went over to the NARs counter. It's not as moist as MAC, but that can be a good thing, as it stays on very well. Beautiful color. People remember it. I keep several spare tubes on hand, in case of discontinuation.

on 8/9/2002 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

VERY dramatic, red-orange, opaque texture lipstick. If you want drama, buy (or swap for) this one! However, if you don't like to stand out in a crowd, this color probably isn't for you. I've got a lot of blue in the natural color of my mouth and this one stayed true in color on me, which is highly unusual.

Recommended for Medium Skin