April 20, 2014 | 1226 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by MaggyB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even though I had read all of the positive comments, I was still quite surprised with how well this lipstick performed. I purchased #906D, Wine Room (gotta love that name) for $3 at Kmart on a whim. It was very pigmented, lasted through lunch, and didn't dry out my lips. It did better than my Clinique or Colorstay lipsticks. Took off a little for the packaging, but definitly worth trying or buying again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by xkeepitugly

The impressive quality of this product has taught me to never judge makeup by its brand ever again. I was under the impression that all of Wet n Wild products were cheap and of poor quality, and while I may not have been far off, this lipstick is far from poor quality. I bought it in the color Rosebud, which is a natural pink color with a slight coral undertone. The pigmentation of this lipstick is spectacular, and it stays on virtually forever, even after eating and drinking. As other reviewers said, it's more on the matte side than the shiny, glossy side. And to top it all off, it's so inexpensive. At CVS it's usually $3, but Wet n Wild products were on sale and I bought my lipstick for 50% off at $1.50. If you're looking for a cost-effective, long-lasting lipstick, this should be the first thing you pick up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are by far my favorite matte lipstick formula. I own Mauve Outta Here, Smokin Hot Pink, Rosebud, Spotlight Red, and Red Velvet.

These are all intensely pigmented and leave stains. I find that the reds are creamier whereas Mauve Outta Here has a chalkier texture. All of these apply very dryly though I find that they dry my lips out less when I'm wearing them than lipsticks like MAC lustres. My favorite part of this formula is that it is so matte that it lasts 6-8 hours easily for me and doesn't transfer at all (other matte lipsticks tend to end up on my nose and chin lol).

The reason why this is only 4 lippies though is because the design of the lipstick is horrible. The shape of it is rounded and flattened which is okay for my fairly large lips but for thinner lips forget about applying straight from the tube. The lipstick sticks out which makes it easy to nick, and the plastic cap is prone to cracking.

Red Velvet (lovelovelove), Stoplight Red, and Smokin Hot Pink are easily my most used bright lippies because of their longevity compared to my MAC brights (matte, amplified, etc) and even my Chanel lippies (I kind of regret getting Dragon RAL now).

Definitely give the brights a try! (I cannot vouch for any of the nude colors though)

ROP for pics++

Stoplight Red

Red Velvet
continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Rachellitakitty

These lipsticks are awesome! I'm not a fan of glossy shiny lipstick or completely matte. This is perfect. In comparison, it's not as creamy as covergirl lip perfection and not as dry as revlon's matte lipstick in really red.
The color range is good, anyone can find a shade that suits them. I got mochalicious for daytime, cinammon spice when I'm feeling bold day or night and vamp it up for the goth in me ;) They're all fantastic! I use a lip liner the same color as my lips to outline my lips then swipe on whatever color I fancy. They are very opaque and feel nice on the lips. It doesn't feel like its going to slide all over my face. Vamp it up and cinnamon spice are my faves. If you're looking for a bloody red and deep deep purple these two are beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up a couple of these in different colors and I just have to say that I think WnW must have stolen one of Bobbi Brown's colorists for this line. I now have this in both 912C and 915B and they are both such spectacularly gorgeous colors. I love BOBBI and feel like nobody has such beautiful sophisticated lip colors as she does. I used to think of one her lipsticks as a super indulgence or a present, but now I don't have to, because these WnW babies are just as elegant. The texture may not be for everyone, but the colors are. Trust me ladies, if you like the super pretty elegance of a BB lipstick, run don't walk to a drugstore and try either of these colors. You'll thank me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have around five of these and three are staples in the makeup bag that I bring with me everywhere I go. I really love these lipsticks because not only are they extremely pigmented, but they're so smooth and they really do last so long--really long-wearing in fact that the swatches that I did while choosing for the shades I want stayed on my hand overnight!
I'm not a fan of shimmery or glossy lips either so these are just perfect for everyday topped of with my favorite lipbalm to lock in a bit more moisture. i find that these hardly fade throughout the day even after lunch and coffee and I also find that if you're on the go, rosy shades even double as a great long wearing cheek stain too! love this product so much and would definitely recommend it to those who need a fuss free long wearing matte lip color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, that's all I can say. I purchased this in "Rosebud", to be on the safe side (as I have blue eyes and black hair) and it looks quite natural yet not boring, as it brings out the perfect symbiosis of nude and pinks.
Well, about the texture: It's not the best for dry lips, I can imagine. I would recommend a lip balm underneath (or better yet, a primer!). If you prime your lips and put the lipstick on with a brush, the color goes on smooth and solid. It stays there for at least 4-5 hours, even with eating and drinking (in my case), after that the lipstick was wearing off maybe a tiny bit on the inside edges and I had to reapply it there. Otherwise, I was fine all day!

If you love a matte lip and can deal with a little bit of "dryness", this lipstick won't let you down in staying power, I promise;-).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lovelycristi

I LOVE these lipsticks. I didn't think I would like these lipsticks because of how cheap they were. I figured they would be like the NYC lipsticks which aren't good. The only reason I bought it is because my friend had the red one and I remember I loved the packaging and it was so pigmented on her! The colors are very pigmented I have just peachy (my favorite) and mauve outta here. They are creamy but still very matte. I would love to get more I really want most of the colors they have. They were only about $2 and some change. The packaging is really nice but I feel like it isn't sturdy and my lipstick could break easily as i apply it, but I would still recommend this to anyone. (: I hope WNW keeps these lipsticks around for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by LGranter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THESE!!! I bought 911D and 918D. 911D is a true blue red. 918D is a deep, almost wine colored red. They are both fantastic colors. I can hardly believe the color payoff. Both go on smooth and last all day. I'm not joking. I put 911D on early Friday morning, and I didn't even have to reapply after I had lunch at the office (as well as several cups of coffee and waterbottles full of water). Today is my first day of 918D, and it is wonderful. I applied after breakfast this morning and it lasted through lunch (I did reapply this one because my lunch was kinda messy). I will admit that Stoplight Red (911D) is a little drying, but I applied the tiniest dot of gloss and was good for the day. Cherry Bomb (918D) has not given me this problem. These were 3.99 at Zellers in Newfoundland and well worth it. I would buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by melaaniepayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this.. i bought 2 today.. they're nice and cheap..i will buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No