April 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I used the shade 6BB - Iced Praline - Beige Brown. I really like it. I have wrecked my hair with dyes, strippers and bleach over the past few months and wanted to get back to my natural color as close as possible to let things settle down and get healthy. This did no further damage to my fried hair at all! Typical hair dye smell, not offensive at all though it sticks around for a few days. Conditioner is neither awful or awesome, just a stock hairdye conditioner. Is my hair super shiny, no, I have never had a demi or permanent dye that actually gave me tons of shine so I'm not going to fault it for that. Also, if you are wondering, 6BB is a violet based "ash" shade.

Tried the 6R - FADE CITY! Like, in three washes. Such a pretty color - I thought I found my HG red. Darn it! Knocked off a lippie.

Tried the 5R - it's DARK PURPLE. Level 5 my azz. More like level 3!! Might mix a tiny bit of it (I only use 1/2 tube at a time) with the 6R to give the red some oomph but I won't purchase it again. I am really liking the 6R more and more, even with the fade.

Still playing with this stuff since I don't want to go permanent and I hate Natural Instincts. Tried 5CB - chestnut brown. Pulled really really red, almost as purple as the 5R. Won't repurchase. Still have some other colors to try! :-)

Also, I recently got my bleach damage cut off...the hair that is left has only been colored with this brand. Hair is soft, shiny, really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow!!! I'm shocked over the horrible reviews. I had about a good 3 - 4 inches of roots that were dark blonde, but the rest of my hair is a med. beige blonde. I was in the process of trying to grow it out, but couldn't take the way it looked anymore. I saw this in Rite Aid and I liked how it didn't seem harsh. I put mine on for 15 mins. b/c of gray and the bad roots and I was shocked how good it turned out. I bought "White Chocolate" 8.5. Ok, it did not come out this color but it did get rid of all the root growth and blended in well with the color I already had on my ends. I gave this 4 lippies due to a bit of dryness afterwards and the high price tage (it ran me $9.49), but I added some Redken Crystal Flash and the dryness was gone. Plus, this did not in anyway bother my scalp nor did I lose any hair. I used to use Loreal Excellence and while that is a very good products, I always thought that was harsh and would lose hair in the process. Now, I'll have to see how long this lasts (supposedly 28 washes) to determine if I will repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jennifa55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 4ar because I know that when you buy a box dye you are always going to get one level darker then what you want. So the color came out a perfect level 3 just like I wanted. Its a really pretty color with not to much red but just enough. It covered my few grays well and 4 weeks later it has faded some but that's expected given its a demi. The reason I would not purchase this again is because I like natural instints better. When first dyed my hair looked great.. 2 weeks after I noticed breakage and dryness.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by SaffronMac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Colour: 6RR 'light auburn'
Hair colour: naturally light brown with some actual light auburn highlights

I wanted just a little bit more of the auburn colour that I have naturally. I usually use natural instincts, but the colour is hard to find, so I thought since this looked Exactly the same I may have found a replacement.

The colour is purple. I did not leave it on too long. It just comes out dark purple. There is NO way this could ever EVER be considered 'light auburn'. It is temporary and I have been spending the last two days doing nothing but repeatedly washing my hair. It is not coming out.

Horrible heart hurting colour aside, this product leaves your hair feeling absolutely awful. I have never done anything permanent to my hair, it was natural, healthy and undamaged. It now feels as though its been bleached dyed and heat damaged for years. It feels coarse, and only tangles. I don't understand how this is possible from a temporary hair colour. Also, it smells really bad.

This was the worst thing I have ever bought. I look in the mirror and am filled with rage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have always had good luck with L'oreal hair color, but not this time. Thus is, by far, the worst hair color I have ever used. I turned my hair much darker than the color on the box...and I only left it on for 10 minutes. Ever since I used this product my hair has been really dry and a lot of it fell out (not exactly what I was expecting from a semi-permanent hair color.)
I still love the other L'oreal hair colors, but I will never use this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by hazyeyes

This is BY FAR the worst hair product I have ever used. I mainly just use root touch up products but occassionaly use an all-over color that washes out over time. I SO WISH I had never used this product! It is now a week after using it and my scalp still itches like crazy and my hair is falling out in huge amounts! Not only that but the texture of my hair is now dry and thin where it was always thick, shiney and healthy before using this product. My hair is down to my middle back and I probably only blow dry it about once a month if even that often. The color came out fine but at this point I could care less about the color. The damaging affects of this product FAR outweigh any benefits at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by drenee3

I purchased this product and come home and read these reviews. I almost didn't use it, but thought if I approached it carefully perhaps what I wanted might happen. I have a golden light brown/brown natural hair color, no dyes, all natural to the middle of my back. It's really long and there is a good amount of it. I just wanted to give it a darker shade for winter but not JET BLACK. So, I used half of the bottle and just made streaks all over my head (at the root) but concentrating on the front, then lathered it in and worked it out pulling as much color down the roots as I could. I then used the rest of the bottle for the lenght of my hair, really working it in constantly. I used only ONE BOTTLE. After I got everything covered and in I proceeded to the shower, turned it on, took of my clothes and jumped in. Thats as long as I waited, probably was completely in my hair no longer than 5 minutes. I washed it out and opened the conditioner thinking it was going to smell like cat pee. They obviously changed that because it smells like a strong banana boat product now. I proceeded to style my hair and dry it and the exact affect I wanted was accomplished. My hair was a darker shade of brown, a really dark brown but not jet black. It did dry it out just a tad but it was super shiny and soft. It definately did what I wanted to, and I would use it again. But I don't think its for everyone, and just leave it in minimal time to decrease your chances of BLACK!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by slicedgeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used L'Oreal dyes without much of a problem before. It's been at least a year since dying my hair, so i wanted something less perm but that would even out my color (my hair is long, to my wait). It took 3 boxes, and that was almost not enough, but the problem wasn't that, it was the COLOR. I went from medium brown reddish hair, to BLACK. I left it on 12 minutes so it would give my roots coverage. And now it's black.

Also, like others mentioned, the conditioner smells rank. It feels great, but smells odd. Luckily that smell seems to wash out with a rinse.

Really, REALLY disappointed. Especially after having chosen this product specifically because it had been so long between dyes for me. To turn my hair a solid black is just gross and a huge waste of my money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have dyed my hair with numerous at home box dyes. I've really become a fan of semi permanent dyes and I have never been anything but impressed with L'Oreal so I just had to try Healthy Look. I got it in shade 3 Espresso/Darkest Brown. One box was barely enough for my shoulder length hair. The dye made my hair feel just awful. Very dry and straw like. The conditioner it came with was very nice, rich, and moisturizing. The color turned out to be the blackest black imaginable. I wasnt really worried since I expected it to wash out to the dark brown color in one or two shampoos. It took a bit longer for it to settle on the dark brown color. I wash my hair almost every single day, and now about 6 weeks later, it is just slightly lighter. I have never had such an experience and am beginning to come to terms with the fact that this is going to be permanent. This may be good news to some people if they want to get fairly permanent effects with a less harsh dye, but this is not what I was going for. In all fairness, the color is great, but I just don't want it to be permanent when it should come out in 28 shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

As "Brooklynbee" I was attracted to the royal jelly in this. :) Love this product! I was looking for something that would be both quick and gentle. I tried this in Darkest Brown. I have some grey at the temples, I just wanted to get grey coverage that matched my natural color. This hair color did the trick! It really did only take 10 minutes, and I got pretty good grey coverage. I must agree with the other commenters that the conditioner does have a bit of an odd smell to it, but it doesn't linger. I would definitely buy this again. Nice, even color and nice shine. I followed this up a week later with a clear glaze and my hair looks insanely shiny and healthy!!