October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great brightening mask, however also coloring (yellow).
Did not help with scaring but helps with redness.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by berriesblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Like many, I was skeptical about putting spice on my face. But this turned out to be way better than I expected. I mixed yogurt, olive oil, turmeric, and honey together. I had some reddish scars on my face and after using this consecutively for a week, my scars have diminished and my skin tone looked more even. The difference is not too drastic, but I definitely do feel more comfortable in my naked skin. It is however very messy to apply but I have to say, at the end, it is worth it. I will update further.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sleepytimesamba

I made a facemask of 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt, and left it on for about twenty minutes. I found it really really good - after one use the spots I had had really subsided and the general redness on my face had diminished too. After two uses (I've been trying to use it every other day) my skin looked even better. I would highly recommend this - why not, it's cheap and easy to use! I made sure I was careful applying and removing it because of its ability to stain. I applied it with a cotton bud and used cotton pads to remove it, using a little olive oil and water on them to remove all the powder. I am of mixed race heritage so I think that any residue left over complemented my yellowish skin tone and had a brightening effect, instead of making my skin look too yellow. I made sure I didn't apply it over my eyebrows after reading that it can cause hair to be removed - however being a dark-haired girl if this effect really happens it is another bonus of using turmeric!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ShayBella08

First off - LIFE SAVER. Secondly - Be patient & consistent! SIDENOTE: No matter how fair skinned you are, you can easily avoid the staining by mixing a mask consisting of a combination of the following; organic turmeric curcuma, chickpea flour, honey, lemon, plain YOGURT) You decide which elements you'd like to omit but the yogurt is a necessity to ward off staining, plus it's very beneficial for your skin. Also, using the Turmeric Mask wasn't the only aspect I changed in my beauty/health regime. I've been struggling with mild to moderate hormonal acne for about a year now...more so moderate to severe as of late (Winter months.) I began changing around my cleansing routine A LOT (This should be avoided at all costs as it confuses and aggravates the skin causing more flare ups and inflammation.) I can't get into thorough detail on my struggle and recovery but it did take a HUGE lifestyle change to be where I am now with my skin. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. Cut out all of the garbage and incorporate awesome, healthy super foods in your diet and see what it does for you...but once again, patience is key. It takes a different amount of time for every one to see results. Furthermore, dark leafy greens and dark berries are essential!! DRINK PLENTY OF [Room Temperature] WATER. That's it. Can't stress that enough. INGEST TURMERIC DAILY WITH A HEALTHY FAT(i.e. Coconut Oil) & BLACK PEPPER. If you can't stomach the taste, look for an all natural Turmeric Curcuma Supplement. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR/RESEARCH SUPPLEMENTS YOU MAY NEED TO BE TAKING. But EVERY Woman should be taking B12. KEEP YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE GENTLE & SIMPLE. The more complicated & abrasive, the worse your skin becomes. A couple of extras that worked for me - 1. I wait 15 minutes in between adding masks/products to my skin. Especially Toners & Spot Treatments...it gives it time to oxygenate. For example, I would cleanse. Wait 15 min. Tone. Wait 15 min. Moisturize. 2. I stopped toning altogether(for now) and stopped moisturizing at night. At night(the most important time to allow our skin to breathe) our skin is going though the cell renewal process. When applying moisturizers that are easily absorbed into the skin, you are blocking the pore, causing the skin to think it doesn't need to work so hard, if at all, in creating a natural barrier & maintaining moisture. I truly believe that these changes, maybe not all, are vital to obtaining healthy skin! Good luck, ladies!

20 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by shalomguada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mask. My holy grail, i can say it really lightens up my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I love everything about turmeric except for the jaundice look and stain. If you can overlook those annoying features, turmeric is an amazing healing medicine. Personally, I cannot use this stuff topically because it stains so bad. I use it internally and it does the same thing. It clears my skin, makes my complexion brighter, detox my liver, get rid of head ache, fibromyalgia, fatigue, insomnia, auto immune problems,asthma, allergies. I discovered this herb by accident when I noticed that foods high in turmeric takes my asthma away. From there I've been using it for everything. It has been documented to be a powerful anti oxidant strong enough to even fight cancer. I remember when my sister was 3 years old, she fell off her bike and scraped her face on the cement. We thought she would be scared for life because it was serious scaring of her entire cheek. Some one told us to apply FRESH turmeric to her face every day and within a month, the entire palm sized disfiguring scar completely disappeared. Her skin is flawless now. I remember her looking yellow for an entire month. Fast forward to today, I take turmeric with unsweetened yogurt as a supplement. Pains, fatigue, asthma all went away. I get beautiful clear youthful skin . I bought the powder form from the spice store for only a dollar. It lasts me an entire month or more. I take two teaspoon a day. If the detox is too strong I reduce the amount or stop for a few days. Turmeric absorbs much better when eaten with fats or some type of oil. Of all the herbs I have used, this is probably my biggest life saver. My HG herb! the fresher the better. If you can find fresh turmeric root, go for that one. but watch out for teeth staining! I swallow mine down with a mixture of yogurt. I tried pill forms turmeric from spring fields and various other brands but they tend to upset my stomach and make me sick. The turmeric pills do nothing for me. I do not get the same result from the turmeric pills as I get from the natural turmeric used as a spice eaten with foods. The real whole form unprocessed unrefined non isolated (curcumin) turmeric absorb hundred of times better when eaten with foods in its natural form. Make sure you buy 100% pure turmetic without additives or artificial colors. I buy mine at any Asian/Indian grocery store.

29 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Eremophobia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Turmeric is wonderful for evening out skin tone and reducing redness/inflammation. After multiple uses, I can already see many of my dark and red marks from previous acne start to fade. It also makes my skin quite soft and supple. It also heals my breakouts faster than it would if I left them alone.

I generally just use turmeric and lemon juice/water to make a paste and then I apply it to my clean skin with a q-tip since it does temporarily stain your fingernails yellow. Sometimes I'll make a thicker paste out of honey and turmeric. I just leave it on for an hour and then rinse off. It does stain my face, so I use my regular cleanser to get off most of the stain. The stain is good though, because I feel like that's how it heals your skin. Afterwards, I moisturize my skin with extra virgin olive oil (turmeric is fat-soluble) and then the following morning I use my cleanser again and it takes it all off. Again, be careful because turmeric is notorious for staining everything!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, there's a lot of reviews about using turmeric as a skincare product, but what about makeup? For people with YELLOW UNDERTONES? Correct me if there actually is a section about turmeric as makeup though...

Anyways, I googled relentlessly over fixing the color undertone of my foundation. You see, I absolutely love my foundation because the formula compliments my type of skin and it's drug store affordable. However, it was way too pink and growing tired of finding the "perfect shade," which would come in high end foundations or bad quality ones, I decided to use turmeric powder, which certain blogs and videos suggested.

As a result, it WORKED. My face matched with the rest of me. People think I don't wear foundation... It's great. Plus, the formula stayed the same!

The mixing part does get a little tricky though, gotta admit. A little goes a long way for this powder. I just SPRINKLE a bit onto a dollop of foundation and stir stir stir. Some people supposedly put the turmeric right into the foundation bottle, but I put a dollop of foundation and turmeric in a little jar.
Another thing to watch out for is that the powder doesn't dissolve, so I pick up the foundation lightly with my brush, not scooping it all up.
This may seem like a lot of work for certain people, but I think this is a fun discovery. I feel like Macgyver doing this ;)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MitaUd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Helps to fade acne marks and scars but seems to aggravate inflamed cysts.plus leaves a yellow stain on my towel.tried using this with yogurt but got the same results. Will only use it again when I need to further reduce acne marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Teshara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have a history of acne & after 3 years its back, to torture me again. started using turmeric & honey as a face mask for 30 mins abt thrice a week, alternating with applying diluted lemon juice on the days i dont apply turmeric.

Acne scars are fading, the pigmentation i have had around my eyes for 3 years have faded drastically, (have tried so many creams for getting rid of pigmentation but turmeric turned out to be a Life saver).

Many thanks to this site and all its lovely members for sharing your views.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No