MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover

3.0

Water, PEG-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-6, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

I Love this stuff!! It removes all of my makeup (I do not wear waterproof mascara) It easily removes everything and does not burn my eyes. Non-oily. Great product. It takes very little on a cotton round and I use one side for one eye and flip it and use the other side for the other eye. I do not even have to add more eye makeup remover to the second side. I can not say enough good stuff about this eye makeup remover. I also love the bottle squeeze top. I will keep this around:)

If you're wearing straight e/s then I guess it's ok. But if you have on a primer, forget about it. Takes several times to get it off, plus it hardly budges fluidlines, dark eyeliners and waterproof eye products.

Packaging is terrible - you can't see how much you have left!

The only pros - it's squeeze top spout and it's not oily.
But that doesn't make much difference since it won't take off my eyemakeup!

I love MAC makeup but I'll never buy this again...

I really like this stuff; I was given a bottle free at a MAC event when I purchased a bunch of makeup. It takes mascara and eye shadow off pretty well but I find when I wear eye liner, I need a bit more. I also frequently have some under-eye smudges in the morning, which makes me think it's not really taking it all off. But over all, it's good...doesn't hurt my eyes at all, which is very good!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

If you like Origins Well Off, you’ll love this because the ingredients are exactly the same but this is cheaper. When I use a cotton ball to remove my eye makeup, sometimes it does not remove all of my eyeliner but if I squeeze the remover onto a Q tip and apply firm but gentle pressure, it comes off easily. An extra step may seem like a hassle to some but as a contact lens wearer with sensitive eyes I cannot use anything harsh or oily. This does not leave behind a residue so rinsing afterwards is not necessary, perfect for occasions when you are in a hurry but want to change or have messed up your eye makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got the 1.7 oz size of this in a Mac trial bag with the wipes & eye cream. This does an excellent job of removing eye shadow & light liner but does not do that great on waterproof mascara & heavy liquid liner. Its very watery which is great because I HATE oily removers, but it burns my eyelids when I use it. Not to be confused with a strong smelling formula, my actual eyes do not burn or turn red, just the skin on my lids turn red, even the thicker skin near my brows turn red from using this. The only other remover that did this to me was benefit's and cliniques blue bottled makeup remover. I would not purchase this again, but this would be great for removing shadow alone minus the stinging & turning red. I love how its unscented & the cap does not leak. Not for me but I can see how many people love it because of it being watery verses oily. *It did take some of my lashes off & shorten others because I had to almost scrub my lashes to get the mascara off ( i was wearing rimmel non waterproof mascara) The cleansing oil is much better for removing eye makeup* edit* when I bring this out of the closet to use on occasion I still cant believe this is a "mac" eye makeup remover. For a brand with artist known for their highly dramatic makeup looks, often including, shadow, cream base, paints, false lashes, water proof thick mascara, and glitter you would think they would not put otu anything that could not get off every bit of that stuff. This barely gets off my shadow and paints.

I never thought of using MAC eye makeup remover but since I used it as a sample I never went back to any other product. MAC works great because it's not oily so if you mess up on your makeup you don't have to wash your face to redo it again. It's gentle and it almost feels like you're using water on your skin. I wear contacts and if I make a mistake on my makeup, I can use this on my eyelids and if it runs into my eyes it doesn't sting or feel oily. Overall this is a great product and I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a new makeup remover. I really think it's worth the $20, it lasts a long time.

My lesson: Everybody has different skin, eyes, etc. There are very mixed reviews here but some very good ones. I initially liked this product a lot. It does a decent job of removing makeup--with the exception of waterproof mascara--without making the eye area very oily. After a few days of using this each night, the skin around my eyes became red and very irritated (but it didn't effect my eyes thankfully). I stopped using the remover but had to baby the skin around my eye area for about a week after discontinuing use. So, if you have sensitive skin at all (and my skin can take quite a bit of abuse) I would recommend you look elsewhere for an eye makeup remover. Otherwise, this might work for you. Even so, there are better ones on the market that will get rid of your waterproof mascara.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I am really surprised by all the negative reviews for this eye makeup remover. I have such a hard time finding a makeup remover that isn't oily, sticky, won't get into my eyes and something that i don't have to scrub! I finally found my HG eye makeup remover. I originally got a deluxe sample in a try-on pac, and I am really happy I tried this out. It doesn't burn or sting, nor does it leave my lid sticky. In fact, I can immediately apply makeup again without washing it off or cleansing the area. It gets off all my makeup without effort. I wear contacts so I was thrilled when I read this was a water based remover. I use this with a cotton ball, saturating it so I don't have to tug, press or pull. I just slightly buff it on my lid and sweep across. It also makes for a neat cleanup whenever I get eyeshadow over my lashes or under my eye (usually using a q-tip) The easy to use design (similar design to the saline solution for contact lens) The only thing I regret is not buying this full size sooner before the price increase of 2006 -- I could have saved a dollar! It currently retails for $17 USD. I would definitely repurchase this again unless I find something of comparable quality, water based & not as expensive. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Perfect for my eyes, but I guess everyone's eyes are different. I love this stuff; I think it's worth the price. It lasts forever and gets every bit of make up off in no time at all. It doesn't sting my eyes at all either, and it's not oily or anything. It feels just like water. Also, in removing mascara, since I've used it, I've noticed that my eyelashes have been considerably softer and haven't been falling out as much. Possibly just a coincidence, but hey. It's a plus. :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

While I originally loved this eye makeup remover and was raving about it, I hate it now! It didn't sting my eyes at first, but now it's starting to sting the area around my eye and although I don't think the stinging is as bad as everybody claims it to be, it still shouldn't do that at all. It's not an oily product and doesn't leave my eyes sticky, but it does sort of leave the skin near my eyes odd feeling after using it. I would never use this alone and not rinse my eyes after using it like MAC suggests you can do. Oh yeah, this does sort of foam if you rub it hard enough. Speaking of rubbing, you have to really scrub at your eyes to get things off since the power of this remover is horrible. I've tried putting it on a q-tip, a cotton pad like they suggest, and my fingers, but nothing is working and scrubbing your eyes isn't the safest thing to do. I only wear eyeliner (kohls) and go through all this hassle to remove them! I can't imagine what it would be like if I chose a waterproof eyeliner, but I can imagine how much this product would suck at removing them. The packing is really great though. It resembles an eye dropper and you won't be wasting with this. The style top is ideal for q-tips, but the drops that shoot out soak q-tips way to much and although it's good for that, you still have to use a lot for a cotton pad and even more since 1 q-tip or cotton pad won't clean everything off. In this sense, the eye dropper top is meaningless since you use lots of product anyways. I can't believe that MAC, or any company, even released this stuff! I like MAC, but this is a horrible product. It may be labeled pro, but only pro's probably know how to use it. I will NEVER repurchase this again unless MAC reformulates it and this is so far from HG status that it's obscene.