November 26, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - MAC - Pro Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got the 1.7 oz size of this in a Mac trial bag with the wipes & eye cream. This does an excellent job of removing eye shadow & light liner but does not do that great on waterproof mascara & heavy liquid liner. Its very watery which is great because I HATE oily removers, but it burns my eyelids when I use it. Not to be confused with a strong smelling formula, my actual eyes do not burn or turn red, just the skin on my lids turn red, even the thicker skin near my brows turn red from using this. The only other remover that did this to me was benefit's and cliniques blue bottled makeup remover. I would not purchase this again, but this would be great for removing shadow alone minus the stinging & turning red. I love how its unscented & the cap does not leak. Not for me but I can see how many people love it because of it being watery verses oily. *It did take some of my lashes off & shorten others because I had to almost scrub my lashes to get the mascara off ( i was wearing rimmel non waterproof mascara) The cleansing oil is much better for removing eye makeup* edit* when I bring this out of the closet to use on occasion I still cant believe this is a "mac" eye makeup remover. For a brand with artist known for their highly dramatic makeup looks, often including, shadow, cream base, paints, false lashes, water proof thick mascara, and glitter you would think they would not put otu anything that could not get off every bit of that stuff. This barely gets off my shadow and paints.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 2:29:00 AM More reviews by twi1ightlullaby

I never thought of using MAC eye makeup remover but since I used it as a sample I never went back to any other product. MAC works great because it's not oily so if you mess up on your makeup you don't have to wash your face to redo it again. It's gentle and it almost feels like you're using water on your skin. I wear contacts and if I make a mistake on my makeup, I can use this on my eyelids and if it runs into my eyes it doesn't sting or feel oily. Overall this is a great product and I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a new makeup remover. I really think it's worth the $20, it lasts a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by carrie107

My lesson: Everybody has different skin, eyes, etc. There are very mixed reviews here but some very good ones. I initially liked this product a lot. It does a decent job of removing makeup--with the exception of waterproof mascara--without making the eye area very oily. After a few days of using this each night, the skin around my eyes became red and very irritated (but it didn't effect my eyes thankfully). I stopped using the remover but had to baby the skin around my eye area for about a week after discontinuing use. So, if you have sensitive skin at all (and my skin can take quite a bit of abuse) I would recommend you look elsewhere for an eye makeup remover. Otherwise, this might work for you. Even so, there are better ones on the market that will get rid of your waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really surprised by all the negative reviews for this eye makeup remover. I have such a hard time finding a makeup remover that isn't oily, sticky, won't get into my eyes and something that i don't have to scrub! I finally found my HG eye makeup remover. I originally got a deluxe sample in a try-on pac, and I am really happy I tried this out. It doesn't burn or sting, nor does it leave my lid sticky. In fact, I can immediately apply makeup again without washing it off or cleansing the area. It gets off all my makeup without effort. I wear contacts so I was thrilled when I read this was a water based remover. I use this with a cotton ball, saturating it so I don't have to tug, press or pull. I just slightly buff it on my lid and sweep across. It also makes for a neat cleanup whenever I get eyeshadow over my lashes or under my eye (usually using a q-tip) The easy to use design (similar design to the saline solution for contact lens) The only thing I regret is not buying this full size sooner before the price increase of 2006 -- I could have saved a dollar! It currently retails for $17 USD. I would definitely repurchase this again unless I find something of comparable quality, water based & not as expensive. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by aceymay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect for my eyes, but I guess everyone's eyes are different. I love this stuff; I think it's worth the price. It lasts forever and gets every bit of make up off in no time at all. It doesn't sting my eyes at all either, and it's not oily or anything. It feels just like water. Also, in removing mascara, since I've used it, I've noticed that my eyelashes have been considerably softer and haven't been falling out as much. Possibly just a coincidence, but hey. It's a plus. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I originally loved this eye makeup remover and was raving about it, I hate it now! It didn't sting my eyes at first, but now it's starting to sting the area around my eye and although I don't think the stinging is as bad as everybody claims it to be, it still shouldn't do that at all. It's not an oily product and doesn't leave my eyes sticky, but it does sort of leave the skin near my eyes odd feeling after using it. I would never use this alone and not rinse my eyes after using it like MAC suggests you can do. Oh yeah, this does sort of foam if you rub it hard enough. Speaking of rubbing, you have to really scrub at your eyes to get things off since the power of this remover is horrible. I've tried putting it on a q-tip, a cotton pad like they suggest, and my fingers, but nothing is working and scrubbing your eyes isn't the safest thing to do. I only wear eyeliner (kohls) and go through all this hassle to remove them! I can't imagine what it would be like if I chose a waterproof eyeliner, but I can imagine how much this product would suck at removing them. The packing is really great though. It resembles an eye dropper and you won't be wasting with this. The style top is ideal for q-tips, but the drops that shoot out soak q-tips way to much and although it's good for that, you still have to use a lot for a cotton pad and even more since 1 q-tip or cotton pad won't clean everything off. In this sense, the eye dropper top is meaningless since you use lots of product anyways. I can't believe that MAC, or any company, even released this stuff! I like MAC, but this is a horrible product. It may be labeled pro, but only pro's probably know how to use it. I will NEVER repurchase this again unless MAC reformulates it and this is so far from HG status that it's obscene.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2005 11:25:00 AM More reviews by snowiye

This gets a 3 from me because it does stings if I get it into my eye, but I do love the packaging and it does remove my eye makeup. For reference, my eye mu is pretty basic, I use cream and powder shadows and MAC fluidlines, nothing waterproof whatesoever, maybe except for the Fluidlines. It does a good job, but I wish it wouldn't sting. Love the travel-friendly packaging and fine tip dispenser though! Will repurchase for the sake of B2M!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 5:43:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

Got this in a try out package and I've used this before. It takes soooo much if it to get even non waterproof makeup off. The plus side is no greasy residue. This also burns occasionally when I use it. If you LIKE this product - try the version by Flirt! which is the same formulation and cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by qkari

Definitely my Holy Grail of eye makeup remover! It took me a long time to find the perfect one and this is it. It's water based, so it's not oily. It also doesn't get all sudsy (like Clinique's stuff). The bottle is awesome - a nice soft plastic squeeze bottle with a tip so you can pour out as little or as much as you like. And it lasts forever! I seriously put only a drop or two on a Q-tip to remove the makeup smudge under my eyes and that's all I need. I squirt a little more on a cotton ball to remove the bigger makeup. The only thing I don't like is it can leave my eyelids a tad sticky, but not bad at all - and I'll just wet another cotton ball with water and swab over it real quick, and the stickiness (and the makeup) is gone. And yes, if you get it directly in your eyes, it is going to sting. It is a chemical. Heck, even water stings my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2005 7:04:00 AM More reviews by AgentLunacy

Finally, an eye makeup remover that doesn't make my vision blurry. I really like this product, the bottle is great too. It takes off most of my makeup but sometimes not all. I will buy this again till I find someone better that doesn't blur my vision.