April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

What a WOW product...I have tried sooooooo many hair treatments in my life and am always skeptical about those that I haven't yet tried. The Elasticizer is rather pricey and I didn't want to like it because I figured that would obliterate my budget. But I used it last night, leaving it in for 20 minutes, then shampooed and conditioned and went to sleep. I woke up this morning with the softest, shiniest, healthy hair...and since my hair is very damaged at the ends, it's a miracle to see it looking so healthy...between this and Ojon Revitalizing Mist, I will be a poor woman, but boy, will my hair look fantastic!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 7:38:00 AM More reviews by pom84

this product is amazing. i have been dyeing and straightening my hair for seven years now. currenly i'm stripping the colour from mahogany (which was previously bleached and dyed red and before that was black) and going light blonde. my hair has taken quite a battering, especially in the last two years. it's quite long - though some of it has had to be cut off due to the bleaching.

the evening before i last went to the salon to get it bleached, i put elasticizer in my hair, put a shower cap on and left it for a couple of hours. after rinsing it out i noticed the difference - my hair was way more manageable. when the hairdresser bleached my hair the next day i was totally shocked to find that when she rinsed it out it wasn't at all tangled. usually it takes two hairdressers to comb it out after a bleaching like that. i can still notice the difference it's made after many washes, so no need to really use this product too often. i'd say once a month. my hair is still tangle free after i wash it. it's expensive, but considering it's a once a month treatment and what it does - it's worth it. it truly is a miracle worker!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2006 4:53:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

Hair Holy Grail.

I tried this years ago and was kinda "Meh" about it. A few years of straightening, blowdrying and colouring down the line and I now think it works miracles!

My hair wasn't damaged before so I couldn't see a massive difference. Now it is - and I have seen such a change.

My hair is in noticeably gorgeous condition - people comment all the time on how "lucky" I am.

My hairdresser had suggested I should have about 4 inches cut off to make it easier to manage as the ends had "gone", but in its current fabulous state it's just not necessary. I had a tiny trim that's all.

I use it once a week. I use PK Body Building Shampoo & Conditioner, Ojon Serum, and an Ojon treatment once in a while as well. My hair is down to my bra band, highlighted and tinted.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dawnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok, i've tried many expensive conditioners to try to undo the damage i've done to my hair with endless colouring and straightening, and this is the only one that made a visible difference. as in, my hair didn't just feel softer and in better condition, it looked like it had rebuilt it, slightly.

my hair felt and looked, velevty after the first time i used this. i use it once a week. if i can, and need to, i leave it in overnight, which works quite well as it's a pre-shampoo treatment. but its almost not necessary, it works just as well if you sit with your hair in a shower cap for 15 minutes.

its very expensive but worth it. a word of warning for those tempted to use it more than the recommended once a week - don't, unless your hair is incredibly thick and dry. i did, and it didn't add anything to the effect of the first application. i would suggest using a cheaper intensive conditioner on your other wash days if you're on a hair repair mission, and save this one for the weekend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2006 4:08:00 AM More reviews by susieF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

truly-great-stuff!

i do as the instructions say, use this before shampooing, massage it in for a while then proceed with philip kingsley shampoo and conditioner. the results are great even without the optional 10 minute,plastic capped wait.

just to make a point of how good this stuff is - my hair is baby-fine, straight and bleached within an inch of it's life. i have a shredded bob with broken layers that would show off every single little mistreated split-end there was. and there aren't :)
just a soft, strong, shiny mane with body ( now that's a first for me!).

the packaging isn't too hot, a hard plastic jar that broke it's outer shell the second it hit the floor. and the price... we'll, it's worth every penny.

FYI, i'm also using philip kingsley body building shampoo and moisture balancing conditioner. both are worth a rave, although i could live without the heady freash-from-hairdresser smell on the latter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 4:34:00 PM More reviews by InkalovesTimka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff is great! i have bleached hair and this makes my hair feel thick,soft, and strong. it really works and i would recomend it to everyone. you realy see and feel a difference. no negatives all positive

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by candypantz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! I put it on dampened hair and sit with a heating cap for 20 minutes. It makes my hair silky without being oily or heavy. It is my hair HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2002 5:30:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

HOLY COW!!!Perhaps Holy Grail.I need more lipsticks for this one.
This is an intensive conditioner which totally changes the feel and look of my hair.I have highlighted hair and this is the ONLY conditioner I've ever used that makes my hair feel as though its never been coloured. It leaves hair super lustrous very soft and smooth, adds no weight..I could go on forever. BUY THIS!!!