October 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2005 5:24:00 AM More reviews by philosophia

I like everything about this lipbalm except one thing,
the taste of it! Yuck! It's supposed to taste like lemon
but this is so bad... I hope the pink one taste better
because this is the only lipgloss I can kiss my man with
and not get that scary gluefeeling...like Juicy Tubes for example...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by tesora13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in pink and it does amazing things for my lips. Tastes amazing, cools my lips, gives them a slight pink healthy color. Leaves them soft, too. I always wear this when I plan on smooching :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by AFgirlie

I have the kiss me red lip balm in a pot that I got in a gift set. The only thing I liked about it was that my lips looked nice after I put it on. The smell of the lip balm was overpowering and annoying. I don't think it was that moisturizing on my lips. I'll stick with chapstick!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 6:21:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Got this in the tube in the pink shade. I'm not crazy about this but I like it alot. The consistency is very thick and takes a bit of sqeezing to get it out of the tube. Upon application it's very shiny like a gloss and also very minty and tingly. The shine lessens after awhile due to it sinking into the lips but that's ok. The $10 price tag is a bit much I think. Will buy again since I'm a fan of the mint in it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 9:42:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the clear balm in a pot. The best thing about it is that is really does sink into my lips and leave them soft, kissable, and moisturized, so it's great to wear at night. I hate the pot so I just slick it on with a lipbrush to avoid getting it under my nails. It has become my nighttime vaseline alternative, and my lips have been in better shape for it, and it really just takes a little bit, which makes the price more tolerable. However, I dislike that it's not as wearable during the day because it likes to slip all over the place. I have to wear lip liner to keep it in place, like the Cargo reverse liner or a clear lip pencil, outside the lip line, so my lips can actually get some conditioning benefit, and that's really more steps than I want to take just to wear a little lip balm, plus it's not portable because I don't want to carry the pot and a lip brush. I've also discovered through experimentation that it makes a good base for matte lipsticks. Because it sinks in and moisturizes, it keeps my lips comfortable without diluting the color of my lipstick, unlike my old standby vaseline. I do wish this didn't stink; you'd think with all their wonderful fragrances and bath products the folks at philosophy wouldn't want to put out a smelly lip product! It has an oily, industrial kind of smell, like it would be good as a machine lubricant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Tammy166

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the shade Pink, and for the most part, I am happy with it. This is more like a balmy lipgloss rather than a lip balm. Unlike many high quality (does not necessarily mean high-priced) lip balms, this has no long-term effects on your lips. Sure, your lips will feel great and look great while having this on, but after you've wiped it off, it'd be like you've never had anything on your lips before. Now, if you wear Chapstick or another lip balm from The Body Shop, for example, there will be a long-term effect on your lips; your lips will remain soft and supple for a very long time, even after you've wiped the balm off.

With that aside, let me move on to the pros and cons.

Pros:

+ Has high-quality peppermint oil, which provides a great scent. This is hard-core peppermint, people! Your lips will enjoy the frosty, cold, tingly and delicious effect from the peppermint.

+ Other lipglosses will go on more smoothly with this as a base.

+ This gives you very, very juicy lips.

Cons:

- Your lips will only feel soft while tihs is on.

- This is basically overpriced vaseline.

- There are no long-term positive effects on your lips, unlike Chapstic and The Body Shop's lip balms, which condition and soften your lips.

- Your lips will only feel soft while this is on. With Chapstick, for example, you can wear it and then skip it for 2 days, and your lips would still be fine.

The Verdict: Would I buy this again? Yes. Despite the $10 price tag, this has the best peppermint oil and scent ever. I also enjoy having this on as well, and it also makes my other lipglosses look prettier when I wear them on top of this. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by somesuch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ick.
Waxy, gooey, smelly, awful. Pretty colors, though.
Carmex, I'm sorry, I'll never cheat on you again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2005 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Shadowfax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been a recent convert to the Philosophy line (after finally stopping Arbonne b/c it wasn't working for me and I'm even a consultant!) I wasn't getting results from Arbonne's lip balm and decided to try this one. I got the Pink tube and I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE it. It's soooo creamy, smooth, smells fresh and minty, and the packaging is great (it doesn't all goop out). I know it's got petroleum and as an Arbonne girl I'm suppose to dispise that, but I can't argue with results. My lips have never been so great (even using Kiels) and the first time I put it on and kissed my fiance he said "wow your lips are soft". I've found my HG lip balm. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by fortchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is possibly the worst lip balm I've ever used. I wouldn't even call it a lip balm. IT'S WAX.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2005 3:52:00 PM More reviews by chocolacious

This is such a disappointment! For $10, you would expect for it to do a great job. All it did were dry my lips and made it flaky to the point that my lips stang and bled. I would give it a 'zero' if I can. I used it for only 3 days and threw it away! I went back to Rosebud Salve and my lips were smooth again!