November 26, 2014 | 1718 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this pallete, i missed out on volume 1 so i made sure i got the 2nd volume. I love all the colors, but i wish they put more matte colors in the pallete. But i would def buy again, If i ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by misslauradarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I use this everyday without a doubt! I use it religiously. I love this so much! It is a bit pricey but for the amount of colors you get.. it is such a good deal! It was one of the best Urban Decay things I have EVER bought along with the Show Pony palette. 52 bucks with tax isn't that bad for all that you get in this palette. I don't really like how it is a drawer that you pull out I wish it was more like the Show Pony Palette where you lift up a flap and they are all there.. that pretty much it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jz168

I really appreciate that Urban Decay improved the package quality of the book of shadows Vol.II. It's very easy to get the eyeshadow box out now. Much better than the first volume from this perspective. Highly pigmented colors with diversified combinations. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best UD palette! I love the colors and the liners! The box is large and substantial and definitely worth the money! I love this palette and highly recommend it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by PineappleChick

I just happened to be passing through Sephora and noticed they had this in stock. I knew last year the the original Book of Shadows was really popular so I didn't hesitate to buy it. The salesgirl said that it was sure to sell out again this year and I would have fun with it. She was right! I took it home and started swatching and trying out different color combos. I love all of the colors except for Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. I knew it was a glitter bomb but I didn't realize how bad it truly was until I tried to apply it to my eyes.

They claim that some of the colors are limited edition. I think they are more like discontinued though. I remember some of the shadows from when I was in high school. I used to buy ADCD all the time and was disappointed when they discontinued it. Imagine my delight when I saw it was included in this palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finally got my hands on this palette and I have to say I LOVE it. With the exception of Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, the colors are fabulous and silky. They blend incredibly well. Midnight Cowboy is so full of glitter it's not usable for me. I'm disappointed that they even included this color in the palette. Having said that, this palette is super versatile considering all the other colors. Many different looks can be achieved, from neutral and soft to vibrant and dramatic. The mini pencils are soft and glide on like a dream. I don't use UDPP so I'm swapping that little travel size one away. The greens and the browns are really gorgeous and different enough from each other so that they can be used in countless different looks. I'm super happy with my purchase and would definitely purchase again. The packaging is ridiculous, but I can live with it since I adore the colors and the blendability so much. EDIT: swapped away, too much glitter for my older eyes now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by chantalmostoway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard all the rant and rave about this product so i had to buy it and try it, heard the shadows surpassed MAC. Well, they are nice except they should add some mate e/s in the kit, what's with all the shimmer and glitter, and some of the e/s like Midnight Cowboy ends up all over your face. I like the colors but I'm sorry MAC rules, hands down, no contest they are just the best which is why makeup artists the world over use MAC diligently. I wouldn't re-purchase the UD e/s , will stick with MAC. I find even with the primer potion, the UD e/s as well as the UD 24-7 pencils (except for zero), tend to wear off fast even after pressing e/s over the liner to set it, i find UD overated, look like a disco ball too much shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While the packaging is a little inconvenient the product is amazing. The 16 colors are all beautiful. You will get fallout from Midnight Cowboy Rides Again and Nylon (I think it's Nylon) so be careful. There are 8 exclusive shades to this palette, AC/DC, Nylon, Mushroom, Sphynx, Jinx, Homegrown, Misdemeanor, and Perversion. The quality of the shadows is no different than the quality of the regular sized shadows sold. This palette comes with a mini primer potion (which is magic) and travel sizes of the 24/7 liners in Zero (a staple for me) and Bourbon (also used a lot). These liners can be smoked out during the first 30 seconds or so of application but after this they are budge free for the rest of the day. They work well in the waterline as well and won't give you unsightly raccoon eyes. I highly recommend this palette as it's a great value and the product is amazing. It's limited addition so pick it up soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I've been using this for about a week now, and I can't fathom not using this at least a few times a week, even though I have other eyeshadow palettes that I love. I tend to use neutrals, purples and greens quite a bit, so this set was perfect. Still don't like the glitter mess that is Midnight Cowboy et al, but I can't seem to get away from that in any of the palettes. I already have a big tube of the UDPP, but the little one is good for traveling, and I'm happy to have another of their 24/7 eyeliner in Zero. I'm finding the Urban Decay shadows to be smooth, well-pigmented, easy to blend, and long-lasting. This palette also seems to be the best value for the money compared to all the other UD palettes (disregarding the extras, it comes to $3 per 0.03 oz of color).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by minni4bebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The colors are very pigmented, easy to blend and smooth as butter! My faves so far are AC/DC and Mushroom. For the price, you can't go wrong. All those colors for $48 is fabulous!! My only gripe is the stupid pull out drawer. I don't need the top part that opens up to a small catalog. I would much prefer the palette to open than slide out. Other than that, perfect!!