August 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jacton1985

cheap and has multiple uses

mix a little bit with water and use as final rinse to add some super shine to hair

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by tdrolma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product to use for a variety of purposes:

1. Great detangler and final rinse
2. Assists remove hot oil treatments / like coconut oil
3. Restores acid balance to hair, creates shine

This is also great product to take in hot water with some honey to assist in digestion, stomach aches, etc..

Its great mix some up and keep it in your shower. The smell doesn't bother me.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really glad I listened to the reviews and tried this on my hair.
I used it as a preshampoo wash and post shampoo.
I took a glass measuring cup and put 1/3 ACV and filled the rest with water. I wanted extra ACV since my hair is thick and I wanted to make sure it had some effect.

When I rubbed it in my scalp, my hair already felt better. My hair felt lighter, fuller and clean. I left it in for a minute or two and shampooed. I have to condition my hair because it is naturally very dry. So I put the rest of the mixture in my hair after I rinsed the conditioner out. I let it sit for several minutes and rinsed my hair.
My hair felt much more smooth and less tangled.

I put a few light sprays of a leave-in conditioner since my hair still felt slightly dry in the back.

My hair feels so smooth, light, fine, clean and in much better condition. It's also got a great shine to it, which my hair doesn't usually have a lot of. I owe it to the ACV, it did a great job on my hair! My hair has never felt this great and I use a lot of different products.

The smell lingers but I'm blaming that on using a larger amount on my hair and using it twice in the same shower. I'll try using a little less next time.
but I always plan on using their on my hair every single time i shower. what a fantastic, cheap great product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Bragg's ACV and it's remarkably better than other pasteurized ACV. I use it for everything: cleaning, occasional hair rinse, magical potion for all maladies. Really, spend the dollar extra and get the Bragg's. It smells more like apple cider and is less pungent than other ACV and it has better properties since it is raw.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Who'd think a $3 bottle of vinegar would be this awesome for hair? I have fine, slightly wavy hair that is dry at the ends and oily at the scalp. This keeps everything shiny and smooth without taking away any volume.

I mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with two cups of warm water in a water bottle with a hole cut in the lid. Then, after I shampoo and condition as usual (I use Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and 'cone-free VO5 conditioner), I rinse my hair with the ACV/water mixture. I don't rinse this out of my hair. It smells funny and sounds like a weird thing to do, but once my hair dries it doesn't smell like vinegar at all. It's also really helped my itchy scalp.

I was skeptical, but it worked. Try it for yourself. And don't be afraid of the smell. It doesn't smell bad!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by isabellalouise13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay so now my bathroom stinks and the people I live with think I'm crazy, but at least I have nice shiny hair :)
This actually does work, I'm very happy with it. My hair did need a conditioner after it though, but maybe that's just me being too attached to my conditioner..
Anyway, try it. What have you got to lose?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Alright MUA, after a disappointing experience with the yogurt face mask, you have redeemed yourself(:

My concoction (lol)
250 mL or apple cider (mines not organic/natural, but I'm sure that would be better)
250 mL or rosemary water (i take 1 tablespoon of rosemary spice and put it in 250 mL of boiling water and then drain it out to just get the water)

The reason I use rosemary water is because it's supposed to make the brown in my hair more vibrant. I haven't really noticed a difference, but it didn't do anything bad so that's okay(:

Now, the results! I've used this twice now, and I've noticed that this does a great job adding enough moisture to my already pretty healthy hair without weighing it down. In other words, I get big volume, but without sacrificing beuatiful hair!

How I apply it: I put my concotion in an empty water bottle, and after shampooing (I use the Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo, if it matters) I apply about 25-50 mL of the liquid on my hair by first pouring it into my hand and then just sloppily throwing it on my hair, root to tip.

It is a very weird texture, especially because it replaces my normally thick conditioner. This just feels like water, and trust me, I had doubts that it would actually moisturize my hair. BUT it did! So try it! What have you got to lose?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by dddsmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, this is pretty amazing. I hurt my back on the 4th and I've been bedridden since so, I was a greasy mess:( YUCK! So, I decided to give this a go since I figured it would cut the grease and OMGoodness! It smells to high Heaven (that's why I deducted a lippie cuz, my kids just smelled my hair and gave an ewwwwwww) but, it is otherwise great. I noticed even while my hair was wet it looked much fuller than usual after I get out of the shower but, knew the real test was when it was dried. I put a little WEN in to mask the smell but, it didn't do it. So, my advice is to treat hair when you have absolutly NO WHERE to go but, to give this a try. I would have never tried this w/o reading about it here on MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

This review is for ACV when used as a scalp toner. The ratio that works for both my face and scalp is 1 part ACV and 4 part distilled water.

I switched to a new hair conditioner with jojoba oil a few months ago when my hair was dry and fuzzy. Though it made my hair look great, after a few weeks I started developing acne on my scalp and neck. It started very gradually, at the time my face acne just started to clear up. When the problem persisted, I stopped the conditioner. But the scalp acne refused to go away, and my scalp was itchy all day long even right after shampoo. I tried a few dandruff shampoo with different ingredients which did not help.

One day when I was mixing my ACV toner for face, I decided to mix a large bottle. Before shampoo, I drizzle a cup of ACV toner on my head and massage for about 1 minute to saturate the scalp, then followed with shampoo. I did not leave the toner on my hair like many people did for fear of the lasting aroma.

When I used ACV toner on my face, it was instant gratification. The fact I left ACV toner on my face for a long time probably helped. When I used the ACV on my scalp as a pre-shampoo toner, I did not feel a big difference immediately because I wash it off with shampoo. Only after a few days of using the ACV scalp toner, my scalp started feeling better, and the number of scalp acne has lessened gradually. I also skipped conditioner now because my hair is softer when I massage the scalp with ACV toner.

If you have scalp acne and would like to try diluted ACV to address that, you may need to be patient. It does take a week or two to see the difference. Fortunately, unlike antibiotics , the ACV toner has little side effect and can be used daily.

When there's a chance, I may try the ACV scalp toner after shampoo as leave-in for like half an hour. I'm sure the result would be much more impressive, if I can handle the smell for that long. Will update after trial.

EDIT 6/20/2011 I've been using ACV toner AFTER shampoo and also like the result. It does not address 100% of my scalp acne and dandruff, but definitely helps. Forgot to note that the ACV toner fades my hair color when I dye my hair dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Greendelirium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When i rinse my hair with this (i use about 3 parts water to one part vinegar) after my conditioner it is SOO soft and smooth, like a super deep conditioning treatment. it's much shinier after it dries, too. and so cheap! It's working great for me on my growing out Brazillian Blowout treatment, it softens and silkens it right back up to where it felt right afterwards. HG. and no joke- I use this stuff for EVERYTHING.