Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair

Price: $

on 1/30/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff! I'd definitely give it a try in your hair if you use a lot of products. Not only does it get rid of all the product build up in your hair but it also makes it really soft and shiny. I don't even have to use conditioner afterwards unless I want to. I use a lot of different hair products so using this as a rinse is a must. Even when I was little my mom would rinse my hair with this because it makes it really shiny and soft. I just get a cup and fill it about 1/4 - 1/2 full of vinegar then fill the rest with water and pour it over my hair after I wash it. As long as you rinse it out really well you cant smell the vinegar afterwards at all.

on 12/19/2011 8:37:00 AM

I can't find this brand in Australia but I've been mixing equal parts ACV and water and using as a toner, and my skins soft and feels super clean. I actually like the smell, but if you don't it disappears once it dries after a few seconds anyway. I find it a little harsh and am experimenting using this at night with a heavy calming moisturiser. If my skin reacts I'll use this every second night because my skin loves it!

Tip: Don't get this near your eyes, it stings!

on 12/4/2011 12:07:00 AM

I am still in aw that apple cider vinegar worked for me! I used it mixing 2/3 water and the rest apple cider vinegar, worked it in after shampooing, ( i did not use any conditioner) kept it in for only like 5 min and rinsed with semi cold water. At first it seemed tangled and not smooth but after about 5 min thats when i noticed the texture getting smoother! I was able to comb out my hair without any other added product. After using this my scalp felt clean, and free of residue. Also i noticed that my hair didnt get as oily as it usually does after 2days of not washing. The only reason i gave it a 4 was because if felt like my hair fell out a little more throughout the day? I wonder how repetitive you can be with this stuff? Also I hate putting mineral oil and all of those heavy conditioner products in my hair, I just felt cleaner after using this, kind of like the feeling of a mint infused clarifying shampoo. Any way its definitively worth a try! My boyfriend used it last night and he has asian thick curly hair and he said it felt condition without the grease:) PS: I just used the western family brand 5% but I just ordered from vitacost the organic Bragg's brand I will update after have used that one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I CAN BELIEVE THIS WORKS!!! ahhhhh i love it. It is the simplest most inexpensive beauty secret i have ever used. I am sooo glad i tried it......ok here is how i use it,

-take a plain old water bottle, and cut a hole in the cap.
-mix 1 part pure apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water.
-Shampoo as usual, after you have rinsed your shampoo, pour apple cider mixture all over your hair and work into your scalp. Do not rinse (YET).
-Continue with regular shower duities washing your body, shaving ect.
-rinse time, rinse with cool water, as cold as you can stand and your DONE!!!!! NO CONDITIONER NECESSARY.....during a regular shower i definatly recommend using conditioner.
-after i get out of the shower and towel dry my hair i use a small amount of light conditioning spray, and comb through.

My hair, after it dries is sooo soft and feels SOOO CLEAN, it has more volume, its thicker...i could go on for ever it looks and feels a million times better!!!!!! please please please TRY IT, i am not the type of girl to sabotage other woman XOXOXOX

Wow, what a wonder product! I used this last night for the first time as an after conditioner rinse (50/50 with water) and left it in for like 10 min. After blow drying, my hair was so volumous! My scalp is increadably clean and my hair is super thick this morning :) Who would have thought, $3 for a miracle product?! I used it as a facial toner also and have all good things to say about that too!

on 10/16/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How could I not know about this?!

I use ACV as a facial toner. I have acne on my forehead & chin with flakes around my nose and cheeks. Very sexy.
I read on MUA that ACV would make a great toner for the cheapest price possible and I was sold. I bought this great bottle of organic ACV for 7$---that's even cheaper than any drugstore crap-toners.
My recipe: 1 part ACV for 10 parts water, more or less. just enough to restore my skin's pH and NOT smell like salad.

My skin is most definitely clearer people. I am now a believer in the power of ACV!

on 9/18/2011 10:14:00 PM

This stuff works!
I read about this on line for fine thin hair to really clean your scalp,get rid of weighing down stuff left by other shampoos and conditioners and making hair shiny and boy it does all of that. I use it once every few weeks when I want to really clean my hair. I use it cold after conditioning. Don't be scared by the smell! It does go away once your hair dries IF you use it cold. Great trick and cheap too! Please use apple cider not regular vinegar!

on 9/18/2011 8:08:00 PM

cheap and has multiple uses

mix a little bit with water and use as final rinse to add some super shine to hair

on 8/20/2011 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great product to use for a variety of purposes:

1. Great detangler and final rinse
2. Assists remove hot oil treatments / like coconut oil
3. Restores acid balance to hair, creates shine

This is also great product to take in hot water with some honey to assist in digestion, stomach aches, etc..

Its great mix some up and keep it in your shower. The smell doesn't bother me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm really glad I listened to the reviews and tried this on my hair.
I used it as a preshampoo wash and post shampoo.
I took a glass measuring cup and put 1/3 ACV and filled the rest with water. I wanted extra ACV since my hair is thick and I wanted to make sure it had some effect.

When I rubbed it in my scalp, my hair already felt better. My hair felt lighter, fuller and clean. I left it in for a minute or two and shampooed. I have to condition my hair because it is naturally very dry. So I put the rest of the mixture in my hair after I rinsed the conditioner out. I let it sit for several minutes and rinsed my hair.
My hair felt much more smooth and less tangled.

I put a few light sprays of a leave-in conditioner since my hair still felt slightly dry in the back.

My hair feels so smooth, light, fine, clean and in much better condition. It's also got a great shine to it, which my hair doesn't usually have a lot of. I owe it to the ACV, it did a great job on my hair! My hair has never felt this great and I use a lot of different products.

The smell lingers but I'm blaming that on using a larger amount on my hair and using it twice in the same shower. I'll try using a little less next time.
but I always plan on using their on my hair every single time i shower. what a fantastic, cheap great product!

Popular Hair Products