October 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by candykirkpatrick

Wow, what a wonder product! I used this last night for the first time as an after conditioner rinse (50/50 with water) and left it in for like 10 min. After blow drying, my hair was so volumous! My scalp is increadably clean and my hair is super thick this morning :) Who would have thought, $3 for a miracle product?! I used it as a facial toner also and have all good things to say about that too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by kaltblutig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How could I not know about this?!

I use ACV as a facial toner. I have acne on my forehead & chin with flakes around my nose and cheeks. Very sexy.
I read on MUA that ACV would make a great toner for the cheapest price possible and I was sold. I bought this great bottle of organic ACV for 7$---that's even cheaper than any drugstore crap-toners.
My recipe: 1 part ACV for 10 parts water, more or less. just enough to restore my skin's pH and NOT smell like salad.

My skin is most definitely clearer people. I am now a believer in the power of ACV!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Jkline72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff works!
I read about this on line for fine thin hair to really clean your scalp,get rid of weighing down stuff left by other shampoos and conditioners and making hair shiny and boy it does all of that. I use it once every few weeks when I want to really clean my hair. I use it cold after conditioning. Don't be scared by the smell! It does go away once your hair dries IF you use it cold. Great trick and cheap too! Please use apple cider not regular vinegar!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jacton1985

cheap and has multiple uses

mix a little bit with water and use as final rinse to add some super shine to hair

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by tdrolma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product to use for a variety of purposes:

1. Great detangler and final rinse
2. Assists remove hot oil treatments / like coconut oil
3. Restores acid balance to hair, creates shine

This is also great product to take in hot water with some honey to assist in digestion, stomach aches, etc..

Its great mix some up and keep it in your shower. The smell doesn't bother me.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really glad I listened to the reviews and tried this on my hair.
I used it as a preshampoo wash and post shampoo.
I took a glass measuring cup and put 1/3 ACV and filled the rest with water. I wanted extra ACV since my hair is thick and I wanted to make sure it had some effect.

When I rubbed it in my scalp, my hair already felt better. My hair felt lighter, fuller and clean. I left it in for a minute or two and shampooed. I have to condition my hair because it is naturally very dry. So I put the rest of the mixture in my hair after I rinsed the conditioner out. I let it sit for several minutes and rinsed my hair.
My hair felt much more smooth and less tangled.

I put a few light sprays of a leave-in conditioner since my hair still felt slightly dry in the back.

My hair feels so smooth, light, fine, clean and in much better condition. It's also got a great shine to it, which my hair doesn't usually have a lot of. I owe it to the ACV, it did a great job on my hair! My hair has never felt this great and I use a lot of different products.

The smell lingers but I'm blaming that on using a larger amount on my hair and using it twice in the same shower. I'll try using a little less next time.
but I always plan on using their on my hair every single time i shower. what a fantastic, cheap great product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Bragg's ACV and it's remarkably better than other pasteurized ACV. I use it for everything: cleaning, occasional hair rinse, magical potion for all maladies. Really, spend the dollar extra and get the Bragg's. It smells more like apple cider and is less pungent than other ACV and it has better properties since it is raw.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Who'd think a $3 bottle of vinegar would be this awesome for hair? I have fine, slightly wavy hair that is dry at the ends and oily at the scalp. This keeps everything shiny and smooth without taking away any volume.

I mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with two cups of warm water in a water bottle with a hole cut in the lid. Then, after I shampoo and condition as usual (I use Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and 'cone-free VO5 conditioner), I rinse my hair with the ACV/water mixture. I don't rinse this out of my hair. It smells funny and sounds like a weird thing to do, but once my hair dries it doesn't smell like vinegar at all. It's also really helped my itchy scalp.

I was skeptical, but it worked. Try it for yourself. And don't be afraid of the smell. It doesn't smell bad!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:39:00 AM More reviews by isabellalouise13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay so now my bathroom stinks and the people I live with think I'm crazy, but at least I have nice shiny hair :)
This actually does work, I'm very happy with it. My hair did need a conditioner after it though, but maybe that's just me being too attached to my conditioner..
Anyway, try it. What have you got to lose?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Alright MUA, after a disappointing experience with the yogurt face mask, you have redeemed yourself(:

My concoction (lol)
250 mL or apple cider (mines not organic/natural, but I'm sure that would be better)
250 mL or rosemary water (i take 1 tablespoon of rosemary spice and put it in 250 mL of boiling water and then drain it out to just get the water)

The reason I use rosemary water is because it's supposed to make the brown in my hair more vibrant. I haven't really noticed a difference, but it didn't do anything bad so that's okay(:

Now, the results! I've used this twice now, and I've noticed that this does a great job adding enough moisture to my already pretty healthy hair without weighing it down. In other words, I get big volume, but without sacrificing beuatiful hair!

How I apply it: I put my concotion in an empty water bottle, and after shampooing (I use the Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo, if it matters) I apply about 25-50 mL of the liquid on my hair by first pouring it into my hand and then just sloppily throwing it on my hair, root to tip.

It is a very weird texture, especially because it replaces my normally thick conditioner. This just feels like water, and trust me, I had doubts that it would actually moisturize my hair. BUT it did! So try it! What have you got to lose?