Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

4.3

Water, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene, Glycol, Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Methylparaben, Polygylceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Carbon Black.

on 11/13/2014 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is comparable to the Physician's Formula eyeliner pen. It has a brush tip applicator, which I prefer by a long shot, rather than a felt tip applicator. It lends for a precise application. It makes cat eyes easy to make. I love it. I only wish it was blacker however.

on 10/31/2014 2:05:00 PM

Cat eyes are my thing. I've tried endless liners of every type. This is far and away my absolute favorite. The brush is fantastic... allowing you to draw the line as thin or thick as you desire with great control. The precise wing tip you can achieve with this liner is perfect. Love, love, love.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't know of a better eyeliner than this one. I'm a lover of winged liner and this little gem helps me achieve the perfect look. I'm not blessed with a steady hand but I still find it easy to draw a clean line due to the soft pointed tip. The product flows easily and evenly and is not the least bit messy. It stays put all day, even on my oily lids (although I use an UD primer first), but still washes off easily. I can't say enough good things about this eyeliner. It's something my makeup bag will never be without.

This is my first love with Kat Von D Tattoo eyeliner in Trooper (0.007 oz). I got this as a freebie when I ordered my Urban Decay Naked2 Basics. It's smooth and doesn't smudge. I like the liquidy liner formula and the tip is thin and soft. The liquid flows easily and it's fun to play with many different look. Winged or cat, you name it. But, I did my cat eye makeup look and it makes drawing a thin line so much easier. With the short pencil design, I can control the liner better, perfect cat eye look without much effort. The formula seems to dries up quickly and it leaves some watery finish look. This tattoo liner is easier removed with eye remover. I use my Estee Lauder eye remover once I'm done wearing it for the day.

Overall, I love how it glides and not causing irritation in my eyes. That's a plus point for Kat Von D Tattoo liner.

on 10/12/2014 11:11:00 AM

This is so easy to use - I can put eyeliner on both eyes in about 30 seconds ... its not globby, drippy or messy .... excellent product and great price!

on 10/9/2014 12:13:00 PM

This is such an amazing liner! I do not master the cat eye flick, except with this baby. Simple packaging, decent price and excellent quality. It's incredibly easy to use, you can make the line as thin or thick as you want. Will definitely purchase again and won't be wasting my money on other liners.

on 10/7/2014 1:33:00 AM

This has to really be the best liquid eyeliner every made, it is a blessing from the heavens above.My main problem in finding one i could be content with was the pigment.This is a true black that doesnt need to be heavily layerd to get a nice color. It does NOT flake under any circumstances or smudge.I have gone to party and literally washed my face avoiding my eyes bc there is no need to redo the eyeliner.At first i was really disappointed because it did not come out fluidly like how one of the advisors put it on my in sephora.However after i just started writing on my hand it came out properly . It is also a good price at less than $20 and lasts a decent amount of time.

on 10/1/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is just "ok" to me. I also bought it for the finely pointed brush, but was disappointed with the color payoff (not black enough) and the formula.

Already mentioned it's not black enough...kind of has a sheen to it that I also don't really like. Makes it look more grey than black. (When I swatch it on my hand it looks darker.)

The formula is also no good. As a few others are saying, it removes itself when you paint on top of it, even if you are working incredibly quickly. Almost no way around this. It's annoying too because you have to brush several times to even get the product to come out onto the brush and then that makes it chip off.

This eyeliner lasts and lasts, nearly waterproof! However, in order to disperse the product onto the brush, you have to stroke it on your hand first. That means you also have to take the extra time to scrub it off of your hand.

I've been using this for about 2-3 months and will probably go look to purchase something better. I'm disappointed as it seemed very promising in the store when I tested it, but the negative MUA reviews slowly started to make sense to me. I have to say my cheaper Almay was better looking than this but was harder to use, so this one will have to be a no-go.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This eyeliner is kind of a mixed bag for me. While I LOVE the thin tip and it works great for getting a smooth and precise wing I'm just not a fan of the formula or the price. I'm not sure if I got a dud or not but it took about 1 week of regular use (and vigorous shaking) for the liner to become at all opaque. And even once it stopped being a thin consistency I still found that I'd have to go over my lines. And for $18 that's no good for me. Also, my drugstore alternative to this (which doesn't have the same thin brush I LOVE in this) has 1.5 ml while this one only has .55 ml, which goes even quicker because I have to go over the line again and again.

I can't say i'll be repurchasing, but it certainly isn't the worst eyeliner I've ever tried.

PROS:
-Great thin tip
-The bristles don't splay out

CONS:
-Thin formula
-Not enough product
-Not the blackest black
-You have to shake/press the tip of the brush constantly to achieve an opaque wing.

on 9/18/2014 9:46:00 PM

I picked this up after finding I couldn't get my Tarte MultiplEYE liner any longer. I liked the detailed brush it had and was very disappointed at not being able to find it.

This liner has the same application type--a detailed brush that allows for super fine lines where I need them. It's very black and stays put--no flaking, no rubbing off. It's exactly what I was looking for and I'm very pleased to have found something I can use now in place of my favorite Tarte. I will purchase this again.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products