November 1, 2014 | 733 users online

Eye Primer - Fyrinnae - Pixie Epoxy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Within 2 weeks of receiving a sample of this with my order, it has become an HG, and I've placed an order for a full size tube. If that doesn't denote a terrific product, I don't know what does.

That said, it was really hard for me to learn how to use this product. But once I figured it out, I was in awe, and my shadows foiled over regular primer looked so blah to me in comparison. It took me many, many trials, both on my eyes and on the back of my hand, to perfect the technique.

Here's what I do:
Get the tiniest amount I possibly can. Seriously, like the head of a pin. Then I rub it around into a thin layer all over the lid and crease. I found rubbing is the key, rather than patting. At first I was trying to pat it on, like I'd do with a primer, and that was leaving concentrated globs that collected the shadow and made it crease. So rub, don't pat. Wait 30ish seconds for it to dry with eye closed. Then, I get /dry/ shadow on my brush, carefully tapping to shake off excess, and carefully bringing it to my eye to avoid fallout. Then gently brush over the epoxy.

If you love sparkly and dramatic eye looks, you'll absolutely love this stuff. You know how many mineral eyeshadows look complex and glittery in the pot, but somehow it just doesn't translate on the eye? This fixes that. It grabs the glitter like a magnet and makes it obvious. It also helps bring out the undertones in your duochrome shadows. I haven't been this excited about a product since I discovered UDPP. It's that awesome. Try it! Fyrinnae's prices are very reasonable, and you can always try a sample before committing to a full size.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product if you want your loose (or even pressed) eyeshadows to be more vibrant, and show their glitter, and to minimize fallout. You only need a minute dot on each eyelid and tap the product all over your lid. Wait about 30 secs, so that it's still tacky and then pat your e/s on top. I don't use this over any sort of an eye primer or base, and my e/s stays crease free for the whole day.
Now here comes the not so positive part. YMMV. I started noticing that whenever I use the pixie epoxy, by the end of the day, my eyelids were quite itchy. I emailed the guys at Fyrinnae to see if they know what ingredients might be causing this itchiness. Here's the reply that I got back:
"I would first guess it to be a combination of one or more ingredients, as often multiple substances can get together and have a little party on your skin that just one of them is too shy for (yeah...sorry, it's late). But as for individuals, I'd lean toward the polyisobutene or copolymer as they can be rather "filmy" and sticky by themselves or with water."
I really appreciate their getting back to me right away and trying to figure out what is causing the allergy.
I am sad to say that I can't use this product any longer on my lids, but for anyone that is not allergic to any of the ingredients, I highly recommend this awesome product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just got this recently and LOVE it. Makes eye shadows so much more vibrant than they are with primer alone. As others have said this is meant to be used over top of a primer, I use it on top of artdeco eye shadow base. I let epoxy dry for about a minute and apply eye shadow. Not only is this amazing with fyrinnae pigments, but also with urban decays super glittery eye shadows. This is a must have if you're into glittery/shimmery shadows. No fallout whatsover with all my glittery eye shadows now, not during application or throughout the day. I've used this with fyrinnae pigments, stila, ud shadows and it especially works wonderfully with the new ud stardust eye shadows which are fallout city without this stuff. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kam6761

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW. Where do I even begin-- this stuff is AMAZING. It totally maximizes the vibrancy of my loose pigments, not to mention prevents fallout (even with my UD shadows that are notorious for leaving glitter all over your face!). I use this over my UDPP, and I seriously can't believe what a difference it makes. This even makes my ELF mineral e/s (which I hated when I first got, b/c NOTHING could get them to look vibrant and long lasting) last all day and apply as its true color, rather than just a muted wash of shimmery color. One of my favorite beauty products, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by supersally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'd like to clarify something first. Fyrinnae states that it's not an eyeshadow primer, so I think that PE does not prevent creasing, well it's a plus if it does work for some of you. Therefore, a real eyeshadow base before PE is recommended. :)

Only a small amount is needed based on your own experimentation. Then, you gotta let it DRY completely before patting any shadows on, otherwise glue-like residue could be running off your lids. (not pretty) Also, it is not supposed to be working on matte and I agree..... I find that synthetic brushes (liek Ecotools) applies eyeshadows more evenly and smoothly on my lids - a personal preference. The blending is great, but I know it will take practice. Once you get it,

The effect is glossy and bright, better than foiling. I know I've foiled a few times, but almost all failed or basically the eyeshadows all creased on me within a very short time even with my primer underneath. (very oily lids I've got) The problem with the normal foiling is apart from the water, I also went a hunt for the perfect foiling serum/selant whatever you call it to no success. I've wasted my time and money on all those products that don't work. PE is the only one that doesn't require a lot of effort and is not messy. I love it!

Pixie Epoxy is cheap, small sample jar is $1.50 about 1.5 ml. (The site indicates at least 8-10 uses, but I've used mine for over 20 times and still have half!) Full size tube is 10ml only set you back with $7.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Otoki

Ok, after all the rave reviews for this product (and because I'm a huge fyrinnae fan) I broke down and bought it. This is AMAZING.

One important note: this product is NOT water-proof at all! So, it definitely wouldn't be good to wear if you'll be getting a lot of sweat in your eyes, because it WILL RUN.

However, it gives my sparkly shadows maximum wow factor. I tried it on my fyrinnae shadows, mostly sparkly, and one "frosted", and it's definitely for the more sparkly/metallic shadows. It gives a foiling effect without having to wet your brush.

The only big downside for me is the 20-30 second wait for the product to become tacky (ready for shadow application), but that's really the only thing.

I made a video showing the effects on swatches here:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, I will have to ruin the Five Lippie Party for Pixie Epoxy. For some reason, it makes my eyeshadow crease even after I have used UDPP (which, by itself, does NOT cause e/s creasing). I apply Pixie Epoxy as thinly as possible and waiting 2 minutes for it to dry, but it still causes creasing. I have to warn you though, that I may be a special case since I have Asian half-monolids that are folded very oddly. Another problem with Pixie Epoxy is that even with the thinnest layer, it sometimes makes eyeshadow hard to blend

So, now for the positives. This is seriously HG status. There are NO products on the market similar to this. It makes a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE difference for pigment application. It makes the overlay come out more, there is almost NO fallout, and you can easily sweep on pigments. If you use Fyrinnae pigments, YOU NEED THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by curlygirl45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this - I wanted to use Gilded Green pig as a liner - so I took a dab of Pixie Epoxy on my eyeliner brush and lined my eye with it and then once dry, went over it with the pigment as a liner.

Nice foiled liner. Then I took a e/s brush and brushed some more pigment on my lid. Because the liner line was foiled, the additional pigment was a bit lighter and it blended great.

I did use Trish Mc eye primer in Bare as a base.

Will definitely buy again - I'm using up my sample and have placed a full-size order.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This stuff is pretty cool! It says on Fyrinnae's site that it's not really a shadow primer but for me it definitely works as one since my shadow stays put and doesn't crease for hours. This works under the mineral e/s pigments best for that metallic kinda "foiled" look. I will use a less dense shadow brush though so it distributes better. I like the container (it's a doe-foot wand) and also like how I can see how much is left. Great stuff, and great price!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by mec1223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I usually put my MAC Paint Pot on first, then apply it with the doe foot applicator, then spread it around with my finger, wait a minute or two, then start applying my shadows.

I like it because it "grabs" the pigment or mineral shadow and allows me to blend like crazy without all the fallout. Plus, the color stays so vivid!

I haven't found a negative thing about it. Anyone who uses pigments or mineral shadows would benefit from this AWESOME product.

I will definitely purchase again!