April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only topcoat I have used that doesn't "pick up" color from the dry nail polish underneath. I have tried all the most popular brands: Seche, Out the Door, Sally Hansen - they all eat away at the nail tip, ruining my manicure. This does everything a topcoat should do: sets the polish, dries quickly, protects from chipping. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetybree

This is a good top coat. It dries very quickly, makes my nails shiny, and it smooths out any mistakes I made on my nails before I put this on. The only thing I see wrong with this top coat is that after a couple of days, the shinyness seems to wear off for me. Not sure why this happens, or if it's happened to anyone else, but I just apply another coat of it, and my nails are shiny once again. Would repurchase, but I'd like to find something a little better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff dries just as fast as my beloved SH Mega Shine, but it's a little thinner than I'd like it to be. Otherwise it's perfect. I got it at CVS for $4.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by ellevee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I hate both the base coat and the top coat. I bought both from the same store at the same time, so perhaps it was a bad batch. Either way, I will never use this again. It does not dry quickly at all. When it finally did, my nail polish wound up peeling off almost instantly after doing nothing more than typing. I didn't like the brush or the finish of this, either. Sticking with the Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dries very quickly, which is the one thing a nailpolish can do to make me the happiest. I'm impatient. Protects the polish beneath it pretty well, but it's still gonna chip. I think that's just a fact of life, nailpolish gets messed up. But it prolongs the wear and I usually don't have my nails with one color for more than a few days anyway, so it doesn't matter. I'd repurchase. Also, what sets this apart from the other 4-5 topcoats I have (besides the quickdry) is the frosty bottle. I think it's super cute and probably makes me like the product more than it deserves..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best top coat I've tried. My grandma has a bottle and everytime I visit I use it. It's way better than my OPI top coat and cheaper too. It dries super fast, the consistancy isn't too thick or too thin, it's incredibly shiny, easy to apply and makes your nails really hard. It totally protects the polish from cracking and from dents..it does an okay job of protecting from chipping (gives me at least an extra day or two of wear) and just makes my polish look so much better and dry faster and harder (so they don't get ruined or get those annoying little imprints of fingerprints when i touch my nails). Pricey for a drugstore product, but will purchase when on sale. I'd love to try the Seche top coat first though.
EDIT**:took off a star, found that it made nail polish show cracks after like 2 days? they don't chip but it shows crack lines like your nail tried to bend but couldn't

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

Great top coat. Polish dries within a minute to the touch and I can go to bed an hour later and have no sheet marks. Nice and shiny too. Depending on the polish I can get up to 3 days wear, which is great for me. I even use it over holos and it doesn't seem to dampen the holo effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by rikiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for a top coat! It dries my nails in 30 seconds or less and leaves them looking glossy and amazing for days! I also noticed that it kept my polishes from chipping too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by keldar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! I bought it on sale on a whim after getting a pedicure a few weeks earlier and wanting to emulate the results and lasting power from the salon treatment. WOW is all I can say for this stuff - it dries nail colour really fast and provides a super shiny, hard, lustrous finish. I will never do my nails without using this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this (and the base coat) because my rite aid had a buy on get one half off. I never use a base coat, or a top coat really. I am just beginning to get into my nails. So I figured this would be a got jumping off point, cheap and readily available anywhere. I love how fast this dries, I am a mom of 2 young boys so my polish needs to dry fast, and this works. It makes my nails shiny too. I am not sure if it prolongs much, I use Sally Hansens Salon Manicure polishes and they are supposed to already have a base and top coat, so I am not sure if it;s this or the polish itself that last so well, but overall, this is great. I think I paid about 6 bucks. Would buy again...