Soap & Glory Flake Away Spa Body Polish

4.2

Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Maris Sal (Sea Salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-100 Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Prunus Persica (Peach) Seed Powder, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, BHT, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 7/15/2010 6:13:00 AM

Like all S&G products this has a sickly/synthetic scent, which fortunately does not linger. I don't normally use body scrubs, as I have had a reaction to them in the past, but this came as part of a set. The texture is good, not too coarse or grainy. I think the scratchy plastic gloves sold for the purpose, and shower gel do a better job than any body scrub, but I used this on my feet and was pleasantly surprised by the results it made them feel smooth and fresh.

on 7/13/2010 11:04:00 PM

am i the only one who thinks this stuff smells like old lady perfume? it doesn't smell like miss dior cherie at all in my opinion. i really just think it stinks to be honest. but it really could just be me, most of the people reviewing this product say they like the smell, even my mom likes the smell. i don't know, go smell if for yourself. besides the smell, i absolutely adore this product. it makes my skin sooo soft and glowy too! i will repurchase, even though it smells awful it works wonders.

on 6/25/2010 11:19:00 PM

The first thing I noticed about this scrub was its unique texture. It is more of a scrub in gel form and very solid unlike oil/salt mixtures.
The scent is light and peachy/floral. I'm sensitive to fragrances but didn't have any problem with this one.
Generally I don't mind when a scrub leaves behind an oily residue but this one left me a bit too greasy. It also always leaves a gross ring of foam/salt around my bathtub. Although the price tag is good and I would buy again, I'm still in the market for something better.

I must have got a bad batch of this, because after 2 or so months, it became bad! It became runny and there was a nasty film over this (and i closed it tight!) It was a nice exfoliant and wasnt harsh, but im sad that it went bad on me so soon. Did this happen to anybody else? I will look around for another exfoliant for my body, but if i cant find one, ill give this another try

on 6/20/2010 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

wonderful product. Works amazingly and MAINLY smells divine. It actually smells (at least on my skin) exactly like Miss Dior Cherie perfume. LOVE LOVE

on 5/13/2010 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this scrub! The tiny grains are amazing at exfoliating but at the same time are not too sharp or irritating. My skin is so smooth and soft afterwards, and when I apply some lotion it feels just amazing. The scent is also very yummy :) I highly recommend this product!
Just one thing: it can be a little tough to rinse off with just water (especially in a shower) because of the oils it contains, so what I do is use a loofa and some shower gel to make sure all the scrub is gone.

This is a great exfoliator, it smells divine and contains hundreds and thousands of little exfoliating grains which aren't harsh to skin at all. It leaves my skin soft and smelling nice all day, I would definitely recommend this little beauty!

Am I the only person who thought this smelt a little of alcohol? maybe I got a bad batch but when I smell it up close it has a wiff of it. Still its quite nice to use, bit of pain if ur using it in the shower, the little jar gets full of water. I did like how moisturised it made me feel.

on 4/20/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh I love this! It was only 9.99 (Canadian) and it comes in a big jar that lasts a pretty long time (and it doesn't make u feel guilty for using it so liberally!)
I apply this in the shower to my wet skin and it leaves my skin feeling really smooth and really moisturized (like I dont even have to put on lotion after using this stuff in the shower).
The ingredients are mostly stuff like sea salt and other oils. The scent is nice (makes your bathroom smell nice after a shower)
But what's really nice about this is the fact that it performs very well. I've used body scrubs that don't really do anything at all. Sometime the scrub beads are too fine or too round or whatever the reason may be, I always felt like I'm in the shower just rubbing nothing onto my skin. THIS ONE is different though. You can really feel the slighyly coarse salt grains against your skin exfoliating all the dead flaky stuff away.
I love it, I recommend it and I must say I'm very impressed with Soap and Glory stuff (their glow lotion is really nice too, at such a good price)

on 4/17/2010 7:22:00 PM

I bought this scrub for the smell. I went through a Soap & Glory phase last summer and I had to have everything to layer the scent. This was part of the layering.

What I liked:
-the smell
-it left my skin feeling silky and smooth, with a nice sheen

What I didn't like:
-makes a mess in the shower (leaves a slippery oily film which must be cleaned up right away, which adds a lot of time to the shower)
-sometimes difficult to rinse all the grains off the skin in the shower. I'd often be towelling off and find bits that somehow escaped all the rinsing
-label got wet in the shower and fell off
- comes in a plastic tup with a screw top lid, which I found was a pain when my hands were slippery with product and also being a tub, water would inevitably get into it and I'd have to be careful to drain it back out so the scrub wouldn't get watered down.

But overall the reason I wouldn't buy it again is that I can easily and inexpensively make oil-based scrubs at home using sea salt, sugar or brown sugar mixed with any of the oils I have hanging around (olive, cocoa butter, grapeseed, almond, etc) . Sure, they won't have that great S&G smell, but I still have some of their body butter and the spray-on lotion for when I'm feeling a little Soap & Glory.

Top Rated Soap & Glory Products