April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Scrubs - Soap and Glory - Flake Away Spa Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Oh I love this! It was only 9.99 (Canadian) and it comes in a big jar that lasts a pretty long time (and it doesn't make u feel guilty for using it so liberally!)
I apply this in the shower to my wet skin and it leaves my skin feeling really smooth and really moisturized (like I dont even have to put on lotion after using this stuff in the shower).
The ingredients are mostly stuff like sea salt and other oils. The scent is nice (makes your bathroom smell nice after a shower)
But what's really nice about this is the fact that it performs very well. I've used body scrubs that don't really do anything at all. Sometime the scrub beads are too fine or too round or whatever the reason may be, I always felt like I'm in the shower just rubbing nothing onto my skin. THIS ONE is different though. You can really feel the slighyly coarse salt grains against your skin exfoliating all the dead flaky stuff away.
I love it, I recommend it and I must say I'm very impressed with Soap and Glory stuff (their glow lotion is really nice too, at such a good price)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by click

I bought this scrub for the smell. I went through a Soap & Glory phase last summer and I had to have everything to layer the scent. This was part of the layering.

What I liked:
-the smell
-it left my skin feeling silky and smooth, with a nice sheen

What I didn't like:
-makes a mess in the shower (leaves a slippery oily film which must be cleaned up right away, which adds a lot of time to the shower)
-sometimes difficult to rinse all the grains off the skin in the shower. I'd often be towelling off and find bits that somehow escaped all the rinsing
-label got wet in the shower and fell off
- comes in a plastic tup with a screw top lid, which I found was a pain when my hands were slippery with product and also being a tub, water would inevitably get into it and I'd have to be careful to drain it back out so the scrub wouldn't get watered down.

But overall the reason I wouldn't buy it again is that I can easily and inexpensively make oil-based scrubs at home using sea salt, sugar or brown sugar mixed with any of the oils I have hanging around (olive, cocoa butter, grapeseed, almond, etc) . Sure, they won't have that great S&G smell, but I still have some of their body butter and the spray-on lotion for when I'm feeling a little Soap & Glory.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by whitepony

what an amazing exfoliator! i haven't had results this good since using lush's buffy (which is a little more expensive), and will definitely be buying it again! it has the gorgeous soap and glory smell which stays long after use and leaves my skin silky! it also gets rid of those tiny red bumps at the top of my arms without making it flare up, which is lovely :) the only problem i have with it is, if i have used it in the bath, i need to shower myself down to get all the exfoliating bits off my skin! because it leaves an oil after use they're quite hard to get off, but it's totally worth the effort for looking, smelling and feeling polished as can be!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by kinoko13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

love this stuff!! it smells amazing, makes my skin feel wonderful and soft. i love it. im a big soap and glory fan. the tub is a little messy sometimes getting water in it in the shower, but it dosent effect the product so im ok with it. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by guineapigdi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really exfoliates but leaves a greasy feel afterwards no matter how much you try to wash it off. I don't really mind though, it's still my favorite exfoliator.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by nayre

This is a really effective scrub. Lots of them that I've tried before have teeny grains that have no impact but this one really makes a difference, to the point where if I scrub too hard it hurts! However, the scrub does leave my legs feeling beautifully soft, even before moisturising and they have a nice sheen. This does have quite a sweet fruity smell which if you didn't like would be unbearable as it is quite strong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the scrub but for some reason I hate they way this smells! The body butter has the same scent aswell.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by bellalizamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that this product leaves a greasy film once the grains are rinsed away and the smell is slightly nauseating, a sickly sweet. It didn't leave my skin that much smoother, just slick due to the unwanted grease. The price is great, so for a one time buy it's not the worst.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I love this stuff. I bought it because one of my favorite Youtube gurus talked about this stuff. I wasn't expecting much from it, just a regular scrub. I was wrong, this stuff is amazing! I didn't have problems with flakes on my skin, but I did have sometimes razor stubble near my thighs that would get red and irritated. This stuff works wonders, it made my legs so smooth and moisturzied. It works better than my exfoliating brush. I didn't have to use moisturizer on my legs after showering, and I can feel the smoothness and moisture hours later. I am going to try this on other parts of my body next time I shower. This is definitely made me wanna try other Soap and Glory products. The only thing I can complain about is the smell, its not bad but its not my favorite.

Edit : This has become my HG! :) LOVE IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by VintagePhoto

This stuff makes my skin super smooth, without feeling like im potato peeling my skin off. I do not even need lotion after I use this, but i put on my other Soap & Glory body butter for extra smoothness! You get a LOT in the jar even for the sample sized, so i will buy the full size version.