Essie Matte About You

Ehtyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Dissobutyrate, Silica, Adipic Acid/neopnetyl Glycol/trimllitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonum Hectorite, Citric Acid.

on 7/15/2010 1:20:00 PM

Honestly, what a great product. It's a lot easier to use than I thought and I love that it completely changes the look of a polish instead of having to buy a matte polish. Genius.

on 6/10/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this product. I doubled my np collection. It's so quick drying too. I get so many compliments when I use this especially over glitter nail colors, it creates such a unique look no other product (that I know of) can achieve.

on 6/10/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i regret buying a matte polish before buying this. ive technically doubled my np collection b/c now everythingggg can be mattified. love this stuff. i waited to use a coupon on it but i wouldnt hesitate to replace it!

on 6/7/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If it were possible to fall in love with a nail polish, I would be madly in love with this. I was literally SHOCKED at how amazing it is when I first put it on. It's the perfect top coat for me. I must say I love the matte look too... It's more subtle than a shiny glaze. If you're someone who simply can't get a perfect finish either because of bubbles, or touching it too early, or just not being able to smooth out your polish before it begins to thicken, this is THE product for you. It's matte, so a little roughness on the finish won't be noticable and there's no shininess to accentuate the imperfections, also it dries really fast! If you're even a bit interested in a matte look for your nails, give this a try, I'd pay way more than $10 to buy this again.

on 6/4/2010 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Quick-drying, unbelievably matte results. A nice way to "double" your nail polish collection without forking over *too* much dough! I have zero complaints.....aside from the $10.00 price tag.....but we can't have everything, can we?

on 5/29/2010 7:03:00 PM

I love this stuff. It almost instantly mattifies your nail polish. Application is a dream and it dries incredibly fast. Would definitely repurchase.

on 5/4/2010 4:42:00 PM

Well I've never heard anything negative about this product before coming here, but I know that it is one thing I love and I always recommend it to my friends. The application is good, and even if the quality is not great after a few days it is FAR better than OPI and other brands' matte polishes. I think that it is just much smarter to buy the basic polishes and then use this on top. Also, about shimmer I don't know, but on my OPI Designer Series polish this looks AMAZING!

on 4/14/2010 7:53:00 PM

Yep, it is that good. Mine was cheap, $10(AUS) including postage all the way from America. And considering this is cheaper than buying a single matte OPI polish - I am already in front. AND IT WORKS.

I did my research and read every review on this website and most on the net first. Heard good things - bought the polish. Awesome!

Despite others saying it may rub off after a couple of days & you need to re-apply, this is still better than my matte "You Don't Know Jacques" from OPI which chips in 1 day. This is good anyway because I love to have some "me time" and paint my nails and see it change again in a day or two.

It dries very quickly and it just what is says. Looks like a creamy top coat in the bottle but dries clear of course.

Love this very much. Especially coz it was sooo cheap.

**REVISION** - since using this a few times, the polish around the neck of the bottle has dried a bit, and now seems to be leaving little white specks in the polish.

By the third time using it, little white specs of dried polish appeared on my nails, but only once dried. This is very annoying, especially with dark nail polish. Looks tacky :( so I have reduced my 5 star rating to 3.

on 4/12/2010 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Simply put: a brilliant product. Instantly doubles any nail polish lover's collection. I love it over bright blues and greens. Dries super fast, doesn't chip easily, and gives a beautiful matte-satin finish. HG.

on 3/29/2010 8:12:00 AM

Its so fun to use! Suddenly I have all these looks I can do with polishes that I am used to. I love this on dark colors as it makes them look more subdued. It dries super quick and wears as well as my other top coats. A definite must to try!!! Very expensive in South Africa so I don't think I will buy again... but otherwise I would.

Top Rated Essie Products