April 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by jamielee983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Apparently the point of this non-yellowing base coat is to give something to your polish to "stick" to. Good idea, but in my case, I accidentally once applied this as my base coat and forgot to polish my nails. It dried rock hard. Good for me, bad for the point of the product? Even though that happened to me I still give this a good rating. I only wear dark polish and before this I would have yellow nails all of the time. Does not have hardening ingredients, so if you need a nail fortifier try something else. I have naturally hard, strong, no ridge nails (curse me, I know), so this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hear alot of complaints about this, but I like it.

I really is sticky and the polish adheres to it. I think the longest I have ever worn a mani was three days (I change often). With this, I had no chipping.

I find that it works very well with my ChG polishes for some reason, and usually use it with those.

Not a HG product, but I will always grab it if I see it on sale. Its nice to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yay, Woo Hoo and three cheers for Stickey Basecoat! Because I use my hands a lot (typing, paperwork, prying open containers, and just plain everyday life) my manicures don't last very long. That is, until I bought a bottle of Stickey and used it for my base coat. It's been five days since I've applied Stickey, then OPI for Sephora Don't Go There, and Seche-Vite top coat - and NO CHIPS!!! This is absolutely a HG miracle product. I'll never start a manicure without my Stickey again. If it can keep the polish from chipping on my nails, believe me, it will keep the polish from chipping on anyone's; I'm very rough on manicures. Incidentally, it does not dry - it will stay "sticky" hence the name. I apply it and let it set for a minute, then use my nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by gnomixa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great product. I have to note though: IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO EVER GET DRY - SAYS SO ON THE PACKAGING. that's why it's called stickey.

Many reviewers don't read the packaging and just assume that it works like all other base coats. It keeps my mani sans chip for a week, so I am pretty happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I get pretty good wear from my polish which I am sure is thanks to the combination of this + Seche Vite. However, I don't think it does a great job at protecting my nails as they still turn yellow. But until I find something else that will provide good polish wear AND prevent yellowing, I will continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by rbrown4

My HG base coat!! Love this product... chip-free manis for 5+ days, chip-free pedis for... well forever if I didn't change my polish :)
I use this with 2 coats of an OPI polish, top it off with CND Super Shiny Top coat & I ALWAYS have beautiful fingers & toes! I haven't had any problems with this drying like some reviewers, though I do apply a THIN layer, after that I immediately apply my nail color & I haven't had any problems. I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by plnkpolarbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

bought this based on the rave reviews, and it really does make my polish last all week...and more!

(I used it in combination with the seche vite quick dry top coat)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by bconversant

This is the first basecoat i have EVER used that keeps my polish on for 7 days. If my polish chips or comes off, my nails break--so i am very happy to have found this. I have stopped my search for the perfect basecoat. Hard to understand complaints in other reviews about drying problems as this has not been any issue with me. Can't rave about it enough and share with all my girlfriends. If you have a hard time finding it, Bed Bath and Beyond carries it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Taniaebj

I love this base so much, that now I buy it for my friends and family for birthdays and special occasions. This makes my nail polish last 7 days without chipping! That is amazing to me, as I have dry brittle nails and nail polish lasted just 2 days on me. I don't seem to have the problem that people have with it not drying fast enough. I apply it, then follow it with OPI nail polish and then follow that with Out the Door. It's easy to apply and my nail routine is a breeze!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by daisylover01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite basecoat that Ive used thus far. I do nails,facials and waxing for a living, so my hands are constantly in water and encountering acetone. Because I am a bit anal about my nails looking nice, I repaint them every other day even if the smallest chip is in it. Stickey has allowed me to make this an almost nightly routine. Its a great product, dries EXTREMELY FAST as well. I have never needed to wait for it to dry, and I can paint my nails very fast. It has always gone on smooth as well. A few people have commented on here that it takes forever to dry. They may possibly not be realizing how much is coming off the brush. The brush is pretty thin but soaks up ALOT of product. So unless you are wiping off a good amt of excess as you are pulling it out of the bottle, then you may be putting on wayyyyy to much!! I, at times, can even get 2-3 nails painted with Stickey before redipping the brush into the bottle!

I have and will continue to repurchase.

*Keep in Mind* Obviously this website is based on opinion, but keep in mind factors that can influence peoples views on products. There are other reviews saying a product goes on sooo goopy, but yet another review can say its the smoothest application ever. Products can expire, and products can change consistency throughout time. Try to store products in a cool area where temperature does not change. (never near a window where sunlight can hit it, a bathroom where there is change of temperature due from steam in shower) Things like this can change the effectiveness of a product. Just thought Id share

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No