Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 10/8/2014 12:17:00 PM

This Clarisonic Mia does not work for me at all. I've tried it for a year at least 3 times in different seasons because of the fab reviews, and it always keeps breaking me out like crazy and doing more harm than good! I'm disappointed, since I already bought a different set of brushes, thinking of changing them more often to assure my facial skin keeps always clean. I don't understand how you can even remove your thick foundation with this brush to clean your skin, and then keep using the same brush the next morning to exfoliate and theoretically clean and improve the condition of your face! No... it does not work for me, sorry... but I wish it worked as it is not cheap and it sits on my bathroom... (I'd suggest to do a nano-Mia, by the way, as this one is not small at all, in my opinion). It looks that other companies are starting to market similar appliances though...see how it goes! To conclude, I would not repurchase nor recommend.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

i've used the mia for about 3 years now i believe and we definitely had honeymoon phase where for a month i used it everydayy and noticed my skin looked fab. my skin is very dry and for as long as i could remember i'd have flaky skin around my nose..vaseline at night helped a bit but by the end of the day after waiting for busses in the cold and walking from class to class my flaky nose would show up under my foundation.
so for a month i used the mia everyday and i did not experience dry flaky skin even once!!! but than i fell off it a bit i think because i became a bit lazy and other exfoliant type products caught my eye and i didn't want to overdo it. tbh, i know i'm going to sound lazy here but i hate cleaning this thing. like just washing it and keeping antibacterial soap handy and remembering to not let it sit around in the damp shower for too long..ugh..i know it sounds obsessed but i'd be really grossed out if i ever saw any mildew and whatnot.
so after a year i began using this again probably everyday as opposed to twice a day. after that i noticed an increase in breakouts and realized my skin was probably too thin now and this was overkill. now i have gotten down to a nice rhythm of 1-2 times a week. for my thin/sensitive/dry skin this works nicely. does it clean better than ur own hands? yes. will it brighten or even out skin. yes..but i think any exfoliant would.. does it keep skin clear? yes, but ymmv. if you have sensitive skin it can have the opposite effect. i would definitely repurchase forever, for me it is an essential part of my routine and good for all busy ladies. (and men)

on 10/2/2014 9:20:00 PM

Amazing product! My skin feels so much smoother and pores are beginning to become less noticeable. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone.

on 9/28/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! I have very oily acne prone skin, along with buying the clarasonic and changing the products I used this combo was awesome for me! I highly recommend this if u have acne and clogged pores. If you have pretty good skin and not a lot wrong with it I would stay away because it might be too harsh for some people and you probably won't benefit a lot from it. I don't recommend the original brush it comes with, so far I only like the acne brush which you have to buy separate for $25 it's softer and more bristles. The battery life is fine to me, I use it once a day (highly don't recommend) and battery last me 2 weeks. Don't forget to switch out the heads and buy new ones every 2-3 months... Because they get gross.... People are often times intimidated by the price but "you get what you pay for" and I think it's worth the price of $99-$150 where ever you buy it.

on 9/26/2014 11:31:00 AM

I wanted to love it, but unfortunately I'm just indifferent to it. The battery life is awful, and as a person who doesn't have problem skin I actually found it to cause breakouts. That being said I can safely use it twice per week, hardly worth the price. Verdict - If you don't have problem skin, this product is bot for you

on 9/19/2014 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Got this to help with reducing pores and to even out my skin tone but now face is covered in huge cystic acne :( and the only thing different to my skin care routine is using the Mia :( hate it

In love seriously, never realized how dirty my face was :-/ after just two days my skin looks brighter, pores look smaller and a lot less clogging going on wow I'm so hooked forever. I use sensitive skin head, so far AWESOME!!

on 9/12/2014 2:45:00 PM

There is nothing wrong with this product but I think it is best purchased and used by people that have specific issues with their skin. I changed the skin care products I used last year and that has by far been the most positive change I have made ever. I am very particular about keeping my face clean and so when I heard about this product I was mortified to think that my skin may not be has clean as it could be. After speaking to half a dozen women in the cosmetic departments in different stores I heard nothing but wonderful praise with the exception of one who said her sister who is an esthetician who said unless you have a problem with your skin not to bother. I decided to go ahead and purchase it and after about 6 weeks I can honestly say I see little to no difference at all; that's not to say it doesn't clean my skin well; it may but I didn't have a problem so there wasn't too much to repair and maintain. I think I could and should have saved my money on this one.

on 9/8/2014 5:28:00 PM

Ahhh Clarisonic. Believe it or not... I have had once since I was in middle school. I haven't gotten really used to caring for my skin until the last year or so, so unfortunately I never really used it all that much. Now, I have my OWN (the first one was shared between two girls, yuck). I received my Clarisonic Mia exactly a month ago, and boy do I love it! Talk about a deep-cleansing! I was so excited to finally have it.
My skin now has fewer breakouts, less dry/oily patches, healthier glow, and a lot more MOISTURE! Since we are still sort of in the summer months, I don't wear makeup all that often. But once I get back to college and Fall hits us, this will really help me wash all that foundation off!
The Mia comes with obviously the brush... magnetic charger, and Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser.
The cleanser is awesome! It does what it says on the tube, "Purifies and Refreshes". It comes in a trial size (1 Fl OZ.) and I'm not sure if I will go online and buy the full size. It is awesome, but I think the normal size is about $25 which is kind of spendy for a girl on a college budget.
The nice thing with Clarisonic is once you have the brush, you can use whatever cleansers work best for you! You're not stuck with an expensive product you have to continuously buy.
Anyways, the brush in itself is amazing! It's good for all skin types, and you can buy different brush heads online. They tell you to replace the brush head about every 3 months, but to be honest, I never have. As long as you keep it clean... it's fine. Also, you can let it soak in some hydrogen peroxide and it will clean any bacteria lurking in the bristles.
***Make sure you pay attention to BEHIND the removable brush head... my stepmom has one and took it off to find black smelly mold growing! Probably from lack of letting the water drain out of the brush. EW. Just thought I should share that.***
Overall, I am very pleased with Clarisonic and wish I would've used the first brush more frequently in high school! Again, good for all skin types. Especially for acne-prone skin.
Different brush heads are available for sensitive skin, acne-prone, deep-pore clean, delicate, and body brush heads!
I gave my first model to my lovely boyfriend because he suffers from breakouts. Haven't convinced him to really give it a try. ;)
Good luck and enjoy Sweet Peas! :)

on 9/7/2014 9:30:00 PM

Terrible after service with this company, once it is out of the 12 month period they want nothing to do with you except, expect you to pay for a new one.

My Clarisonic stopped working just over the 12 month period it is like brand new and there is a genuine fault with the machine as it will no longer charge just keeps vibrating.

Would not buy another one again as I would expect that it should last longer than that! More importantly no after care service.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools