October 20, 2014 | 1115 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I can't believe this has such low reviews! My HG liner is Revlon's liquid one, however, for $1 this is amazing! The lasting power is just as good. It may not be as dark black as Revlon's, but it is perfect for office days. Trace over the line with a matte black shadow to soften the look. It looks amazing!

It is WATERY, but that problem is EASILY solved by wiping it on the edge before applying. I don't know why people don't think of that. It is a natural and economical product. Not just for beginners, but for people that really know how to use makeup. I got a recommendation on it from a very talented makeup artist.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by doaa123

Very watery, takes forever to dry, and lasting power isn't that great. Good for beginners, especially since it's only a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I've really no complaints. I like the brush, it's very black don't need to go over it again and again. Doesn't run. Does take a lil bit to dry but no bigger and for a dollar, come on! I plan on going and buying more of these to stock up.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read the horrible reviews but thought "What the hell? It's only a dollar."

I tried to put it on the eyelid and it went...EVERYWHERE. Absolutely everywhere. It is so watery that it went to my waterline and i cried black tears.

Worst eyeliner ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

so I have just gotten into the whole eyeliner thing in the last six - eight months.I have really fair skin and redish brown hair with freckles so it takes a but of finesse to make it look good. I usually just tight line my upper lid with my black makeup forever aqua eyes waterproof pencil in black and if I want to be more dramatic I put a very thin line on my top lid. So since I usually only use it sparingly this eye liner was kind of intimidating. Also the fact that I suck at using liquid liner when I wear it to go out. I was pleasantly surprised. It applies super easily, the only thing is the formula is REALLY wet but hey it's "liquid" liner so I take a bit off the brush on the rim of the container kind of like you would with nail polish, this also adjusts the bristles on the brush so you can achieve a thinner or thicker line. My first impression was I loved it. The only thing was when I went to the bathroom during calculus, I had some smudging underneath which is not normal for me I have never had anything smudge and it was the inky thing in my face that had changed. It wasn't much at all though and it was mid day so I may have done it from rubbing my eye or something. I would still definitely re purchase :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by gretch462

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually love this eyeliner. I've tried all of the drug store liquid liners and for whatever reason, the flexibility and small size of this brush give me the best line over larger, more rigid brushes. A perfectly controlled wing, hallelujah! In the rare instance that I've had to start over, it's also not so difficult to clean off and start over. I haven't had any issue with it *not* being opaque, either. Obviously the price can't be beat, but I'd pay much more for the product if I had to.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Annetartica

Pros:
-I personally prefer a more liquid-y formula when using liquid eyeliners because it's easier to use on my eye shape, and this was the right consistency.
-Only $1!
-Cute packaging/container thingy

Cons:
-Started to fade too quickly
-Burns your eyes
-Dries out way too fast

Overall: Unless you are in desperate need of a liquid liner, skip out on this. Spending $5 on a liquid liner that you can use for multiple times is better than constantly spend $1 on something you maybe get 2-3 uses out of.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My review is for the Coffee/Brown eyeliner because that color is not listed. I'm happy with it. It's easy to use, the liner is simple and defined. It's a nice, dark, coffee color, which I like, dark enough that it gives my eyes definition. It does take a little time to dry, so if I want to either build it up or smudge it a little, I have time. It's blendable, but that takes time to learn to do. I've also used it under my bottom lashes for definition. Not on my waterline, but underneath the lashes instead and it's worked perfectly. It's also a sharp line if you want. All in all, for a buck? I'm happy.
I not have the copper shimmer, an iridescent shimmer and the black. The black stays put beautifully. It's a nice matte black that glides on effortlessly. The copper shimmer I use on top of other colors such as turquoise and it lights up my eyes incredibly. The iridescent shimmer I can use also as a highlighter on top of black, silver, etc. to also pop my eyes. It's a good idea to use another brush to line your eyes otherwise the brush in the bottle picks up the original color you're going over and then the bottle gets contaminated with a multitude of colors. Not a pretty sight.
Make sure you keep your lid closed until the liner is dried or it will transfer to the upper part of your lid. They do seem to take awhile to dry, at least for me. But for a dollar apiece, I can live with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by sabelita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Well, I got the brown, but I can't find that anywhere in reviews. I loved it for a while, til I realized that it was what burns like fire in my eyes. So, start your day off with bloodshot eyes, right?!? no thanks. Just don't know what to replace it with.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Stacyymarie

I love eyeliner, been using it since I was 15 and prefer it over pencil or twist up. I bought this and didn't expect anything special but it's definitely better than many expensive liners. The color is black and the line is smooth and crisp. It's your basic liner and anyone who needs more is nuts! I keep buying other brands thinking something better will come along but I always catch myself reaching for this one. Has great lasting power, definitely recommend.