October 22, 2014 | 1699 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had this for 4 years!! and still havent hit the pan. Granted, I probably dont use it too much over the years but still, the reason I decided to review it is, I have had it for so long and dug it out again to try. It is a very pretty shimmery bronze/amber color reminds me of UD baked. I sometimes use the two and they look so beautiful and bright together. It lives up to MAC standars with its pigmentation, and may even be more pigmented then some of the shadows I have from MAC. I do love it and recommend it especially for olive skintones

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amber Lights is exaclty what the name suggests, a glowing amber color. It looks so good with golds and with dark browns, also with black for a smoky look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lovely but not very unique colour. And another thing, but that might say more about my skills than about this shadow, it looks very bright shimmery orange on me and i find it hard to tone down and to make it wearable. I prefer MACs bronze over this 100 times (not that they are dupes, just find it more wearable) and also prefer Gosh copper.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by fgsfdsgirl

I have tried this color at the MAC counter so many times only to be disappointed by how easily I duped it with an oldie from my stash! The color payoff is decent and it accents my brown eyes, but I refuse to pay $16 (with tax) for a shade I can get from the drugstore. This is a beautiful bronze-y gold, and I've found two very similar colors for much cheaper. Milani Bronze Doll is the exact same color, finish, and pigmentation. Prestige Golden Retriever is also a very similar color, but it's more of a metallic finish, and it has huge color payoff. This color is beautiful from MAC, but terribly overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by calgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye shadow. Looks great over everything. I even use it as a highlighter over blush on my cheeks. Best color ever for brown girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I should wear it more often because it is so good. especially good if u have green/hazel eyes. I love to use it with carbon, bronze or as a crease color to create a fiery smokey look or smoke-out a black eyeshadow...i think it will look good with MAC Humid e/s too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

learnt about this colour on youtube researched it on MUA bought it and love it i have no other colour like it it a lovely orange bronze based on reviews and youtube seems any skin tone can make it work its a nice daytime colour that makes a nice change from browns and taupes beautuiful smooth finish add it to your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by xushi

An absolutely amazing colour. It's my favourite colour to wear during the fall and winter months. The colour is a copper- golden flecked- bronzey tone. I get so many compliments when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty yellowy-orangey gold. It is in no way a soft gold. Think Cleopatra gold. That said, it's still very wearable. The color payoff is fantastic and it's metallic enough to make your eyes look almost wet. I love golds and warm neutrals and this is the best gold out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow is among my top 5 MAC eyeshadows. It's a beautiful deep golden shade, which brings out the golden flecks in my green eyes. I like using this on the lid with Bronze in the crease, or with All That Glitters on the lid and Amber Lights in the crease.

It's a frost finish, which is my favorite finish from MAC (besides Starflash - but they're everyone's favorite!) It's so smooth, pigmented, and easy to blend.

Unfortunately, mine shattered while I was traveling to florida by plane, but I was able to re-press it and it's good as new! :)