September 1, 2014 | 1929 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by alb510

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BROKE ME OUT!
Tried this stuff out, hoping it would be a cure to my stubborn acne... Exactly the opposite! I bought this face wash thinking "I'll try this out for a couple weeks and see what happens." I didn't last 5 days with it because it turned my skin red and blotchy. I developed new acne on top of the acne I already had!
DO NOT BUY

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product in the morning and at night but it did nothing for my face. I still would get oily and still broke out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Min90

After washing with this, my skin became really tight and dry. I always had to slather on a heap of moisturiser afterwards. This didn't break me out, however it didn't clear my skin either. I always had to remove makeup prior to using it as well, as it couldn't remove it properly on its own.
I also had an issue with the formula - when I first received it, I would only need a half pump's worth to get a good lather. Over time the mixture kept becoming more and more watery, and so I would need several pumps to get even a slight lather. I ended up chucking it out with about a third left. I don't understand why it did this, I checked the lid was on tightly (thinking perhaps water from the shower was leaking in, but no), it must just be the formula... Very frustrating as I didn't get my monies worth.
Overall it is a below average cleanser. I would not repurchase, nor recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Completely dried out my skin. I have very oily but sensitive skin and it was bad. This is marketed as a daily cleanser, it's not. Maybe once a week, but no.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Rachelc123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

completely dries out my skin and not in a good way! and it didnt even clear up the acne and left my skin dry and irritated

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

I had very bad acne at the time I tried using this product, but I don't think it worked very well at all. Maybe if you have more mild acne it would work but for mine it did not.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by xxcutie818xx

this product is pretty good actually but it does dry out skin but I use a moisturizer afterwards....overall its an ok product!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has a lot of hype and i'm not exactly sure why my dermatologist would suggest buying this.

what i disliked about this product:
-lots of fragrance
-does not clear acne
-caused irritation and redness
-left a slimy film on my face
-dried face along jawline and nose
-contains sulfate

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I wouldn't buy this again. I just wanted a cleanser with an acne fighting ingredient to maybe help clear my skin. I don't think my skin really responds to salicylic acid, because this did nothing for my acne. (I'm halfway through the bottle). It also makes my skin feel pretty dry after using it. The thing I dislike most about it is how soapy it feels on my face cloth. I change my face cloth quite often but when I go to rinse off my face with the cloth, the soap (cleanser) from the previous day is trapped in the cloth and just puts more soap back on your face. I guess it doesn't rinse out of cloth well. I'll probably use it all up, but wouldn't re purchase. EDIT -- I've been using this on my back after I shampoo / condition and the amount of breakouts I get has gone down a lot. I'm almost out of it & I plan to try the acne body wash after to see if it helps as well. Bumping it up to 3 stars from 2.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by twilty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This worked for me. Stopped my skin from breaking out. However, it was a bit drying.