July 29, 2014 | 2073 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superbalanced powder makeup (spf 15) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great powder makeup! I don't need heavy coverage, what I need is something to even out my skin tone and this does the job nicely. This powder does not get cakey in my 'laugh line zone' around my eyes. The color is not yellow or orange; I'm pale and the 'natural 02' is a great match for me.

Packaging is neat - you twist and it releases the powder so you have what you need. So there's not the mess of excess powder. The down side is the container is opaque so there's no warning when you're running low. Completely agree with the comments that the brush provided with this is inadequate - in fact, the salesperson warned me about that!

Of course, cheaper is usually better - this set me back $32 but it looks like it will last a while so I consider this a worthwhile investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by piniee

This is the first mineral makeup I've used and it's quite good! It doesn't feel heavy and the coverage is good. It is also buildable, and does not dry out my skin when I am retouching my makeup in the middle of the day.
    I have oily skin on some parts, and dry skin on other parts, and it's very good for my dry areas. However, it makes my face very oily throughout the day and I have to regularly either touch-up with the powder or use oil blotting powder.
    Other than that, the result is good and I like the packaging (not the brush though, as it's a bit rough against my skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sunnygfunk

THis is great mineral foundation. But it comes with a bad brush. I use a kabuki brush to buff it into my skin after i have moisturized and applied sunscreen. It looks very fresh and natural. Not full coverage but medium coverage and light enough to wear everyday. Would definately buy again:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by bluestocking17

I don't normally wear foundation, but I love this because it provides just the right amount of coverage without caking. It has a light, pleasant texture, and lasts throughout the day. It also provides good pore coverage, though I imagine if you have noticeable blemishes it wouldn't cover them properly. Yes, it is quite expensive, but it is so good, and lasts so long, that I think it's worth it.

My only quibbles are with the applicator brush (too small, not the best for blending), and with the fact that the twist-grind dispenser leaves the inside of the compact, including the mirror, covered with a fine layer of powder unless you use the brush to pick up every drop of powder you grind up. Maybe a thin plastic 'inner lid' could solve this?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT 03/28/12---I will absolutely NOT repurchase any Estee Lauder products until they choose to quit misleading their customers about animal testing and fully commit to a no animal testing policy.

I spent a lot of time at the Clinique counter trying colors and formulas. I finally found a few things that weren't too dark and didn't seem to turn orange. After I got home and used this all over I noticed that it really accentuated every little hair on my face and gave a real powdery appearance which I don't like. I got this in "Fair" which turned pink on my face after a few minutes. By the end of the day this collected in my pores so that I was left exposed with little pink pools even in areas where I do not have a problem with oil. I am looking for coverage and this was just ok. I returned this and would not repurchase.

The packaging is ingenious. It feels like a nice, quality powder but I think this is crazy overpriced especially for what this is--just an ok powder with a nifty package. I have combo skin-oily t-zone and rosacea on my cheeks-and larger pores. I tried this over several days over bare skin, over primer, with a tinted moisturizer, setting with spray, and with my other mineral products. I had the best result with my Silk Naturals which I attribute to the Silk Naturals. I will not consider Clinique again for any foundation, powder, or concealor.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by JTT

The Sales Associate recommended this because I was complaining about how expensive the Smashbox version was: $60. (Kudos to Smashbox for a very intelligent design. You get fresh powder for every application. And there's no clean-up. It's compact and smart and Kudos to Clinique for making an affordable version)

For it's price range, it gets 5 marks. You end of getting nearly double the amount of powder (63grams) compared to compact that costs $25 (35grams). Overall, compared to other powders I have used, it's really 4. It's not as smooth as Chanel, but for it's price, function and design, a solid 5.

It's very build-able. You can keep stacking it and this powder just doesn't move. Try it on your hand at the make-up counter. It's very good for people who have marks or blemishes or want medium coverage with a more natural finish.

I wore it in 100+F humid weather. I was convinced I had sweat most of it off, but it was fairly stable most times. I never reapplied, I just patted by skin dry with tissue. Was it perfect? No, but ALL make-up slides off your face in weather that humid. Did my face get shiny? Yes but not oily and not nearly as bad as with MAC Studio Finish Powder (a terribly overrated product).

I don't really use this powder much anymore because it provides more coverage than I need, but for a night out where I know I need more stable make-up, yes. I definitely wouldn't use it with a foundation. That's just too much make-up for me, but I was able to get very smooth coverage over blemishes and could keep stacking.

I had poor results with Clinque when I was younger, but I really like many of their products now. It never causes break-outs for me. This product for me, is one of Clinque's best products. It's not powder-y like some of their other powders. It's too bad that Clinique is not as trendy as MAC. Clinique has been very under-rated lately.

I can't believe how many MUA reviewers complain about how it provides too "light" of coverage because most people I've met don't wear that much foundation. Don't you want the appearance of less make-up? It doesn't feel too heavy, which is a plus, and because I use a brush and blend, it looks natural.

Yes, the brush is useless. The bristles are better quality, but it needs a handle and more bristles. Clinque needs to stop wasting resources and either get rid of it entirely or step-up and give customers a real brush.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by sweettmaidenn

Pros:

light coverage, not overdrying, easy to apply, adjust powder amount only for what you need, barely noticable

Cons:

price ($32!), not enough for heavier coverage

Overall, I am really happy with it. My skin is fair, mostly clear, but oily. The powder helps control oil, although I do get shiny eventually. Remember, this is very LIGHT COVERAGE! Don't expect flawless results- this is just for natural, simple enhancement.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by IceCreamNCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I liked about this foundation is the packaging, it's so functional and cute! However, the product inside it did not work for me. I gave it a 2 because the lightest color was a great color match for me. However, after wearing this for a few hours, I noticed this sat in a greasy layer on top of my skin. It itched and I broke out with a cluster of cystic pimples on my chin and forehead after using this for a week. :( And my skin is normally clear! It had no oil control and irritated my skin, enlarged my big pores. Just ick!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by elsamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I love powder foundations and I've had success with Clinique in the past because they don't cause breakouts for me. This had great coverage but still had a really nice looking, natural finish. I really liked the color which is saying a lot because my skin is hard to color match. However, after a couple of hours I noticed a problem that I've had with mineral makeup in the past. It started to look like the makeup was sitting on a layer of oil on my skin. It's more expensive than the rest of Clinique's foundations so I expected more. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by NOREEN_CHAN

I love the sheer to medium coverage of this product it's totally buildable. It looks very natural and blends well. It stays put for the day and only requires a quick touch up before heading out for the evening. The brush it comes with is totally useless. You need to apply it with a Kabuki brush and the SPF 15 is nice. Although, in the summer I use my Diorskin with the SPF 25 instead. I hate the packaging of this product because it's so bulky and because you have to twist it I don't know when I am nearly finished. But will repurchase because I like the coverage of the product.