July 31, 2014 | 1004 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - HD Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by inkchick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm 50 years old and beginning to experience fine lines under the eyes and dry skin, but have always had dark circles. This product was recommended by a Sephora SA when I was buying the MUFE HD Foundation (love it!). The combo of MUFE HD products (primer, concealer, foundation and powder) is amazing for me and really works well.

This concealer is thick enough to cover dark circles without settling into my fine lines or appearing dry or caked on.

However, the applicator is complete junk. It's useless for application and just smears it on. I use a brush and the pat it gently with my finger instead. A small amount of product is always oozing out of the small hole in the silicone tip, no matter whether i click the dispenser or not. Major fail on packaging, MUFE!

Even though this is a very expensive product considering the small amount you get, I don't mind paying for for a product I know works, and I use so little that it will last me plenty (I only wear make up on the weekends), but please reconsider packaging in a simple tube like the Full Coverage concealer or a small pump bottle, MUFE.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by woodwinkedgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was recommended this concealer by a Sephora SA for its moisturizing qualities and coverage. I don't know that it's really very high coverage... seems a bit sheer to me. The applicator is annoying. Rather than making application easier, the silicone tip just sort of dabs the product on. You will have to use your fingers to blend this. For people who have trouble with dryness under or around the eyes, this is a great concealer. Some might have trouble with creasing, but that can be solved with some powder. Giving this a 3/5 because of the lack of coverage and inconvenient packaging. It's also a bit expensive for how much product you get.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Indothang

I had that it's a twist use for the product to come out, sometimes i just need the tiniest amount and too much comes out and then it dries out and then the next time i need to use it it's hard to get the right amount out. So i hate the packaging but i love the finish. I had Full Cover before but found it to be a little to cakey, this one is much lighter and smoother finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Twinkly1216

This was recommended to me at Sephora's for my genetic dark circles. I don't have a lot of puffiness but I have a lot of darkness that nothing ever seems to be able to cover up completely.

This is a whatever product and considering it costs 20+ dollars it is SO not worth it! I don't see any difference in quality between this liquid concealer and drugstore liquid concealers I have. That's really all it is, your typical liquid concealer, nothing special about it whatsoever.

Also, the applicator is the worst. It's like those stila lipglosses that twist to release the product on top. You have to twist and twist but nothing comes out and then suddenly just when you think nothing is going to come out of this thing and that it's broken, a huge GLOB of concealer pops out. What a complete waste of product. I end up trying to cap it over the glob so that I don't completely waste it and hope that it doesn't get all over the cap and make a mess. The design is really just awful. There is just no way to get a reasonable amount of concealer out with this thing.

Like I said earlier, it's nothing special when it comes to covering up serious dark circles. If you don't have really bad dark circles and you need just a little bit of coverage, this would be fine but I would still not recommend it. There are MUCH cheaper alternatives out there. If you have really bad dark circles like me, pass.

As far as any other kind of concealing, this would be way too thin for anything on the face.

Pass. Pass. PASS.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by weese

Used in conjunction with HD Foundation, I am able to fake flawless skin and a well-rested complexion even when I am hungover and broken out. God love you, Make Up For Ever. You make it easy to justify spending 70 dollars on makeup in one swoop.
This little dispenser thing kind of blows, though. I can't lie. Too much or too little comes out and it gets everywhere. Luckily I love this product so much that I am willing to forgive this atrocity. I like the little clicky noise and pen shape though. Give and take!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

I know some folks didn't like this but I have over 20 concealers at home and this is by far the best. It is thick, creamy, and covers my dark circles perfectly. The color blends amazingly well - great color options. I ike the click pen application but still use my finger to blend. It stays PUT! Works wonderfully well. It has the coverage of a pot concealer but more creamy and blends smoothly. It is not too liquidy either. Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by sunshine880

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is merely average, not the worst I have used but definitely not the best. Not worth the hefty price tag. I bought this because I love MUFE full cover concealer (but that concealer is too dry for under the eyes). This didn't cover my dark circles very well. I tried to layer it up but that just made it look to heavy and unnatural. Like other people, I felt the applicator left much to be desired. I returned it to Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This doesn't cover very dark circles. I need concealer daily for my dark circles and this simply doesn't fit the bill. Granted, this does provide a brightened effect to the under eye area but this is not pigmented enough for covering them. I'm happy with Dior's nude hydrating concealer but I'm ALWAYS on a mission to find a concealer that completely vanishes these beasts! From my experience, the Dior one beats this in pigmentation hands down and for the same price. Also, MUFE, please think of a better package/applicator for this! It never fails, no matter how careful and patient I am, this squirts out in globs. I gave this 3 lippies instead of 2 for the awesome color choices.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The thick coverage was great (expensive but you only need a little bit) and I looked good (not ghost-like). I liked the packaging for sanitary purposes and for quantity control. But I hadn't left the Sephora chair yet and it showed creases already right under my eyelashes. It caked and showed so much more wrinkles than I really had. Then Sephora Assistant suggested putting finishing powder - ever so lightly, it didn't even looked like she applied any. Creased and caked after an hour. My skin looked so dry! I'll stick to my Laura Mercier. Not good for ladies my age who have some lines/wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by redhedgurl

i live in a tropical climate, and take medication that makes me super photosensitive. i've developed some sun spots on my face, and wanted something pretty opaque to cover this up. i have mac and some other concealers, but this stuff really covers it up. and it takes very little to do so. the applicator is odd, but cool as it doesn't really let you waste product. well, at least i don't see that it does. i use a mac concealer brush to put it on tho, the little spatula setup of the applicator doesn't cut it for me.

it dries quick, so you have to work in small batches. you can't put it all over on each spot and work on the whole face. one place at a time. other than that, i really like this and will keep using it for heavier coverage areas.