January 26, 2015 | 906 users online

Gels/Soaps - Soap & Glory - Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by emmalcm

This is one of my favourite shower gel-smells gorgeous and is the most moisturizing one I've tried. Would be especially good for those with dry skin.Having more combination-oily skin, I find I don't need a body moisturizer after using this. It's nice to use in the Summer especially when my skin tends to be a bit dryer.Love the packaging too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by JInglygypsy

Ah, now I know what all the fuss is about!

For quite some time now, I have repeatedly walked past and given the side-eye to the Soap & Glory section at Target with the assumption that it is an overpriced, gimmicky company that focuses on packaging rather than what's on the inside. Why did I assume such a thing? Because the packaging is so cute, it must be trying to overcompensate for something. Well, I was wrong -- dead wrong. Upon reading the reviews here, I decided to put an end to my judgmental behavior and give Clean on Me a try. I skeptically eyed the last bottle perched perkily on the shelf before reaching out to grab it. I picked it up and began to untwist the pump to take a whiff, as if the smell alone could really tell me anything. Immediately, I was floored by the delicious aroma that wafted out. "Alright", I said to the cute little lady on the bottle, "You got me there." I placed the generously sized bottle in my basket and headed for my next destination -- the "real" body wash aisle. Because I was still feeling a bit skeptical, I grabbed a trusty backup body wash which I figured would bail me out once I realized I didn't really care for the Soap & Glory.

Cut to my morning shower the next day. There I am, soapy and sudsy as a sink full o' dishes, hypnotized by the heavenly scent and happy as a clam in the sand. Only as the precious product is being washed down the drain do I begin to come out of my haze and realize that I have spent just a little too much time in the shower. Another thought enters my mind; this body wash and I can no longer exist separately. This is the Good Stuff, and I am hooked!

That was 2 weeks ago, and I am happy to report that Clean on Me has proved itself in every way! It is moisturizing, but not oily or greasy, clean rinsing, and the gorgeous scent lingers on the skin for hours.

Soap & Glory, you have hit the nail right on the head with this one! Don't ever change!

UPDATE: February 2010
I continue to use this product religiously. It lasts so much longer than any other shower gel I have used. Simply put, I can't be without it!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2009 5:58:00 AM More reviews by AlexMD

The packaging on this product annoyed me so much! It was impossible to get a decent amount onto a shower puff with the pump dispenser. While the scent was nice it certainly wasn't worth the money and I have only bought it once and never again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by broberta

LOVE the Soap and Glory products!!! I use the Clean on Me in the shower and then the Girligo spray moisturizer when I get out!! The scent is delicate and clean smelling. LOVE IT!!!! Good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I do have to agree this smells very pretty, it's a bargain when considering some pricey perfumed gels are 3x or more the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by OHHjadex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ive been using s&g for 2 years now,
the bottle is retro vintage glam with fiftys photgraphs and quirky quotes which is isntanly appealing when looking ariund boots and in my bathroom its huge at 500ML & has lasted me around 6 months with suffering from eczema it was really hard to find a range of products that dint make me red and irratated but not this its really creamy foamy and smells just like 'miss dior cherie' with a lasting scent and leaves me kissably soft ;] haha all this for around 5 is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 6:32:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really great stuff- the huge bottle comes with a pump dispenser (perfect for showering!) and a little goes a long way. The scent is delicate but feminine, and the bubbles feel silky soft. For the money, you can't go wrong with this, its excellent value, great quality and smells very pretty. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by SugaGumDrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is fab! I love it, leaves your skin super moisturised, has a lovely scent. Would defiantly recommend if you have dry skin. I get body acne and it didn't break out my skin at all. Lovely.

Will defo buy it again :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Momeramas

I bought this product as part of a gift set. It smells great and leaves your skin feeling soft. And their packaging is so cute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

love, love, LOVE! i have always and forever been a bar-of-Dove-soap kinda girl but this is the product that has finally turned me. i don't even know what exactly it was that made me decide to pick up the little trial-sized bottle of this product one day when i was at Target but i'm very glad that i did. one of the first things i grew to absolutely adore about this shower gel was the fact that someone recognized the need to create something that was both creamy AND clarifying. i want to feel deeply cleaned but be left moisturized when i hop out of the shower, and that's exactly what this does. another wonderful thing about Clean on Me is that you don't need a shower poof to enjoy the full benefits of it's lather, like most shower gels. i'm not a big fan of the poof and so i love that i can use this on a washcloth and still get mountains of soft, rich lather that lasts through my entire (long) shower. i don't have the greatest sense of smell so if that's a dealbreaker for you i'd read some other reviews, i'm sure someone has covered it thoroughly, but to me it smells light, clean, and fresh. this definitely leaves my skin softer and more moisturized than your typical bar soap and i also think it has helped make me smoother! i have mild KP on the backs of my arms that i am constantly waging war against and i swear that using this product on a daily basis has helped keep things smoother and clearer. the packaging is a plastic pump bottle which is ideal for the shower and the price ($10) can't be beat for how long the product lasts. i just adore this shower gel and will continue using it forever! and kudos to Marcia Kilgore for creating a product line that's more affordable than Bliss in these tough economic times.
*UPDATE* 8/6/10 just updating to say that i still adore this product and haven't stopped using it since i first fell in love. in the summertime when it's hot and sticky out, sometimes i feel like i need to use a bodywash with some kind of salicylic or alpha hydroxy acids in it to ensure that my skin/pores stays nice and clear, but instead of abandoning this for some anti-acne bodywash that will dry me out i just add 2 pumps of one of my facewashes that has the right ingredients. works like a charm, so i thought i'd share.