December 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Natural Eye Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by abmg1208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I swear by neutral eyeshadows and I was very pleased with this palette. The colors are highly pigmented, blendable, and buildable. I also own the UD Naked Palette which I adore just as much. Both are great palettes for people who prefer neutral eyeshadows. I recommend this product if you would rather dish out 36 bucks instead of 50 bucks for the UD Palette. I would also recommend this to owners of the UD Naked Palette because the colors are different and compliment the Naked Palette eyeshadows nicely. I love to mix this palette and the Naked Palette. This Palette also comes with 3 cards that have directions on how to mix the colors and achieve different looks (good for beginners). If you're more advanced there are endless combinations (especially when mixed with the Naked Palette). I am a makeup junkie and I have very high expectations for all the makeup I buy. I must say I am a bit of a makeup snob, the only drugstore product I swear by is Maybelline Superstay, my favorite foundation, surprisingly! This palette met my high standards and I definitely recommend it. As for the people complaining about Nude Beach, it is a very nice eyeshadow. To combat the fallout either swipe some powder under your eye before you apply nude beach, apply the eyeshadow, then swipe the powder away. The powder will catch the fallout and make it easy to be brushed off. Also, with practice at applying eyeshadow, you will eventually learn how to minimalize fallout. Good quality brushes help as well.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a fantastic palette with great shades for everyday wear. I've been reaching for it more often mostly for the 'Honey Pot' and 'Silk Teddy' shades which I love as my lid colours. I know it comes with instructions on how to apply it using specific shades, but I like to "break those rules" and create my own combination. 'Silk Teddy' is also another favorite of mine, it's a lovely rosey champagne colour with shimmer and very easy to wear. 'Sexpresso' is matte, perfect for lining my eyes and for filling in brows. I like that they included a larger matte shade ('Heaven') since I prefer to use them for browbone as opposed to a shimmer finish. My only complaint is that 'Erotica' is not as pigmented as I would have liked it to be, and 'Nude Beach' contains an awful amount of glittery fallout!! Overall, I like it and would recommend especially to those who love neutral shades!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice colors & packaging in an attempt to disguise the horribly poor quality of the actual makeup itself. Even with skilled application and over TFSI or UDPP, these shadows can look pretty when first applied, but that's where the accolades end. Give it 5 hours, but definitely by 10 hours the colors actually seem to change init an ashy, garish kinda look, leaving your eyes & face looking exhausted and worn down. It was difficult to decide to return this, because it always looks so deceptively good when worn at first, but really...pay attention to the long term. And return it if you decide to, preferably exchanging for UD Naked or 15th Anniversary palette...trust me, UD palettes are high quality and worth the price difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jyangsmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This palette is amazing! The colours work very well together, and you can create many different looks! It's very pigmented, and you can put it on lightly, or boldly by building up the colour. By following the cute instruction cards it comes with, the looks are very lovely, but I also like to mix and match the different colours (since of course, they are very natural and neutral colours). I don't find this palette to have any major fallout, except the colour Nude Beach because it's extremely glittery (with actual small pieces of glitter). I put this on at 7:30 am, and it lasts through my whole school day all the way to the evening (I wear Too Faced Shadow Insurance under it).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by WildflowerRuby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

The colors are so pigmented, and just amazing. They glide on like butter and blend seamlessly. There's really nothing new I can add to all the other rave reviews before me ^^ :) I like that one third of the palette are dark shades, since I like those for my outer corner and I have the selection of three dark browns. Yes! :D
On to the colors and what I use/like them for:

"Heaven" is a matte, off-white creamy white. My go-to browbone highlight. Not too stark-white, but still shows up and isn't a weird yellowish splotchy color.

"Velvet Revolver" is a matte light brown with an almost grayish undertone, a very light taupe. Very pretty and natural for me as an all-over lid color, if I just want something subtle on my lids to add dimension.

"Sexpresso" is a very dark dark brown. Perfect for a natural eyeliner (ex. on my waterline), and is also great for smoking out looks. It's one of the matte shades.

"Silk Teddy" is a peachy-pink-infused champagne shimmer. I love the texture - pearly and sheeny without being over-the-top glittery. Beautiful as an inner-corner highlight or light wash all over the lid.

"Push Up" is a gorgeous bronze with warm undertones. It matches my skin tone so well and looks very natural on my eyelids. This is a shadow that you'd use for a 'bronze goddess' look, for instance! I love to wear this just on my eyelids. Very metallic texture.

"Erotica" is a really beautiful dark brown, really hard to describe! It tends to look purplish on me, but also sometimes looks grayish. It has more of a cool undertone but still has actual gold little specks in it. Love this! My favorite crease and outer-v shade ever. I can also sometimes spot a green sheen. Very interesting and unique.

"Nude Beach" is kinda hard to work with. It's kinda like Silk Teddy, just not as pinkish and it has way more glitter to it. I like to pat it onto the center of my eyelids or dot it into the inner corner of my eyes. I don't use this color that often; I think that Too Faced should've made a beige or something instead of this.

"Honey Pot" is a true gilded gold. I love it so much for my eyelids! It's incredibly pigmented and silky and it's just a truly fabulous gold. It brings out my brown eyes and sets off my dark eyelashes, and warms up my tan skin more.

"Cocoa Puff" is another dark brown shadow. It's super-pigmented and really dark, so you just need a tiny bit of this. I quite like it! This has very warm undertones and some golden shimmer.

EDIT: I found that the colors were a little too shimmery for my liking though. 4/5

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first palette purchase ever! I loved it very much until I discovered the Urban Decay Naked palette. However, I still reach for it from time to time. I love all the colors and find all of them wearable with the exception of one (Nude Beach).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG eyeshadow kit. For some reason, I like this better than the urban decay naked palette, even though the naked palette has more colors i would normally gravitate to.

This kit's eyeshadow is such high quality, you can feel it. The colors are bomb except for a few, such as the superrr sparkly pink one at the bottom left, that one is a misfit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a staple in my kit. The texture of the eyeshadows is amazing: they're so smooth, pigmented and blend like a dream! There are a mixture of shimmer and matte shades, all of which I find useable.

Most people say they dislike Nude Beach because it's glittery but I love it - I use it on the inner corners of my eyes and it makes them pop, I don't get any fallout over my cheeks and it stays in place all day ontop of a eyeshadow base. Silk Teddy is a shimmery light pink colour which is one of the only shades I don't usually reach for as I don't think it's that flattering on my skintone, but aside from that there's no problem with it. Honey Pot is a gorgeous buttery-smooth textured gold which will look good on all eye colours. Push Up is a burnt red brown shade that looks nice smudged on the lower lash line.

As for the matte shades, Heaven is a really good natural looking highlight as it's a soft creamy beige shade that doesn't look harsh at all unlike frosty white or silver shades that some may use as highlights. Velvet Revolver is a light taupe that looks good in the crease, Sexpresso is a dark brown with ever so slight red tones that works good as a crease or liner, Erotica is a medium-dark brown with golden flecks and Cocoa Puff is a slightly lighter version of Erotica.

Great quality palette especially for the price. I've had my palette for 2 years and have barely made a dent in the shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Oh I wish that I could have liked this, I love how this palette looks and the little cards that show you three different ideas on how to wear the shadows was a nice idea, but when i swatched these colours on my hand they weren't very pigmented, and when I tried it on my eyes it still wasn't any better, I like my eyeshadows to look exactly how they look in the pan when you apply them and these shadows just didn't do that for me, so I ended up giving this little kit to my mum who likes her shadows less intense then I do. I still gave it three stars as it was such a nice looking palette and it works for my mum.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by jallen2789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my first h/e palate and I am extremely pleased! I love every single color in this palate except Nude Beach only because I find it hard to work with being there is quite a bit of fall out and I end up with glitter all over my face. However this could be because I'm not a professional :/ I don't really follow the tutorial cards that come with this palate but If you don't really know where to start this could come in handy! My favorite colors are teddy and push up and I think that for the quality of these shadows and the fact that you get 6 shimmer and 3 matte shadows, $35 is awesome! If you don't wanna drop 50 on the UD naked palate this is definitely a great choice!