July 29, 2014 | 2118 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good budget mascara! It's got a great brush, and any issues with clumping can easily be solved with an eyelash comb. I used it in Blackest Black. It applies very cleanly, and I notice better results with this than I do with the regular Great Lash mascara. My only complaints with it are that like most other Maybelline mascaras, it dries out in the tube fairly quickly if you use it daily (which lets air bubbles build up inside the tube, drying the mascara.)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittersxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have short straight blonde almost nonexistant lashes. So when I saw this at CVS I thought I would give it a shot. Pros: Cute packaging, it doesnt flake, dark pigmented color & stayed on throughout the day. Cons: Brush was too big & I had to keep cleaning my eyelid with qtips, no volume or length, didn't hold curl well & the formula was too wet. It also stings really bad when it gets in your eyes. Overall im disappointed because I really was hoping for something great. Guess the seach is still on for the perfect mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara. It's very buildable (and doesn't clump when you do) and makes my lashes so long and thick. The only downside is that after a few hours I'll get black smudges where my top lashes touch right below my eyebrows, but I can wipe it away with my fingertips. Plus, it's probably the cheapest mascara you can find (less than $4!).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by cjm91

I have this product, and great lash original in dark brown. I sometimes use both to get the best effects. I will tell you, I am a clumsy person, and I get it everywhere. Even though it comes right off my skin, it always stays on my lashes! I seem to like this brand a lot anyways!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually love this mascara! Its not very dramatic, though it is buildable. Its dark and doesnt smudge or flake. But when I use it with an other mascara, wow! It really comes to life, my lashes get both volume and length. I love the brush!! this is my HG Mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by kay13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My 2nd tube of this. I bought it again because I thought I had loved it the first time I got it and was happy to find it was up to my expectations. Gave it a 4 because in order to get any kind of curl I have to apply 2-3 coats but once I do... wow!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by andie0929

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Went in to buy my usual Great Lash and picked this one up accidentally (someone was standing in front of the display). The bigger brush does get to all of my lashes, I see no clumps, and it does give some volume. No bleeding thus far (I usually work 12-15 hours a day), gives decent length but it's not amazing. Not sure if I would repurchase and I might do an edit to my post since I have not tried it with curled lashes. This mascara is just "alright".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually love this mascara! On its own, its okay, nothing dramatic, though it is buildable. I like to use it when my makeup is minimal. Its dark and doesnt smudge or flake. But when I use it with an other mascara, wow! It really comes to life, my lashes get both volume and length. This is def becomimg HG status for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by carefreedv

So I got this while at Walmart because I had a $1 off any Maybelline Great Lash product. So all in all it was only $2.84 +tax....Any who I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. I have heard many reviews from people saying how wet the formula is however my bottle was not. It had the perfect consistency. Not too wet or to dry. Maybe the newer bottles have been reformulated? It made my lashes look feathery and light and didn't smudge or flake.Gave some volume and length. It's not a VAVOOM look ( though I think you can build it up) but it's nice for daytime. Also for it being non-waterproof it did hold the curl well after curling it with my Shu. For reference I have stick straight Asian lashes that while being fairly long lack volume. This did darken and give my lashes a more full look. Hope that helps.

Here is pic on my blog http://dvcorruptingmindssince1987.blogspot.com/2011/08/battle-of-maybelline-great-lash.html

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:24:00 AM More reviews by K8EV

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all time FAV mascara. I've been using it for years... i've actually lost track of how many times i've repurchased this. it actually lasts pretty long too. i love my eyelashes to be BIG and to stand out and this does that for me. I don't want to try another mascara because i'm so happy with this product.
The packaging is cute, love the colors especially since they have brightened them and i love the wand.