September 19, 2014 | 1889 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by muffkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my current favorite non-waterproof mascara. I have it in Blackest Black and I like how really dark it is. It is very buildable and doesn't clump. I think it adds both volume and length. For a regular mascara this has great staying power, my lashes are full all day. I like how you can apply it lightly for a day look or layer it up for a really dramatic effect.

It (obviously) has a big brush, classic wound bristle type. I like this because you don't have to keep putting it back in the tube to grab more when you are applying. I've had it for several months, no problems with clumping or drying out in the tube.

The regular Maybelline Great Lash I didn't like, it was too wet and took forever to dry. This formula is different and for me it dries quicker and layers nicely, making it much easier and cleaner to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by IllCladMartini

I've bought a few mascaras from the Maybelline range before, usually when broke, but I swear - no more! This is the last straw. I only apply it on my top lashes, but after an hour, I have mascara streaks down to my cheekbones. I have no idea if it smudges this much for anyone else. I actually thought it was my eyeliner at first, but no. Definitely the mascara. It clumps, and makes my eyelashes fall out when I try to remove it. Simply not good enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Leajer424

This is my favorite mascara. I would use a more expensive mascara if I thought it was better, but I love this. I have long, thin, light lashes, so I need color and thickness from a mascara. It really makes my lashes look nice and fan out, doesn't clump, and doesn't smear. The brush is big, yes, but I personally have to use a q tip to wipe any oops spots with literally any mascara, so it doesn't bother me. I use it on my bottom and top lashes- for the top lashes, I start in the corner with the small end of the brush. For my bottom lashes, I push it up against them and kind of wiggle it back and forth and it gets them perfectly. If I want more coverage, I just apply more and it never clumps, I don't even use a lash brush. The overall look to it is awesome. In terms of the regular "Great Lash", if you don't like it, please don't not try this because you think it's the same thing but with a different brush...b/c it isn't. The ingredients are totally different...look on the package.

Ok, I'm editing my review b/c I've had a reaction after using this mascara for 2 years (off and on). The second ingredient is Ozokerite...not sure if that's the issue, but it isn't in other mascaras I've used. I loved this mascara for everything else... Its always made my eyes water a little bit after putting it on, but now it's making my eyes slightly burn and water all day, and I'm usually not sensitive to things like that.
I've moved on to another mascara that doesn't irritate me at all. I also never liked how hard it was to remove. (I'm a simple girl, I like a mascara that I can get off while washing my face). I would always have to follow up with eye makeup remover after washing b/c it would leave waxy black residue everywhere. (I didn't use waterproof either.)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Buggles12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually really like this. I'm not that picky about mascara and I'm lucky I have thick long eyelashes to start with but this is my favorite mascara right now. It does a good job darkening my lashes and does not clump. It does smudge by the end of the day but I sweat alot at work so that is to be expected. A good basic mascara with no bells and whistles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good budget mascara! It's got a great brush, and any issues with clumping can easily be solved with an eyelash comb. I used it in Blackest Black. It applies very cleanly, and I notice better results with this than I do with the regular Great Lash mascara. My only complaints with it are that like most other Maybelline mascaras, it dries out in the tube fairly quickly if you use it daily (which lets air bubbles build up inside the tube, drying the mascara.)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittersxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have short straight blonde almost nonexistant lashes. So when I saw this at CVS I thought I would give it a shot. Pros: Cute packaging, it doesnt flake, dark pigmented color & stayed on throughout the day. Cons: Brush was too big & I had to keep cleaning my eyelid with qtips, no volume or length, didn't hold curl well & the formula was too wet. It also stings really bad when it gets in your eyes. Overall im disappointed because I really was hoping for something great. Guess the seach is still on for the perfect mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara. It's very buildable (and doesn't clump when you do) and makes my lashes so long and thick. The only downside is that after a few hours I'll get black smudges where my top lashes touch right below my eyebrows, but I can wipe it away with my fingertips. Plus, it's probably the cheapest mascara you can find (less than $4!).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by cjm91

I have this product, and great lash original in dark brown. I sometimes use both to get the best effects. I will tell you, I am a clumsy person, and I get it everywhere. Even though it comes right off my skin, it always stays on my lashes! I seem to like this brand a lot anyways!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually love this mascara! Its not very dramatic, though it is buildable. Its dark and doesnt smudge or flake. But when I use it with an other mascara, wow! It really comes to life, my lashes get both volume and length. I love the brush!! this is my HG Mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by kay13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My 2nd tube of this. I bought it again because I thought I had loved it the first time I got it and was happy to find it was up to my expectations. Gave it a 4 because in order to get any kind of curl I have to apply 2-3 coats but once I do... wow!