August 31, 2014 | 1670 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I hardly ever wear eyeshadow. I thought I would get this palette to try out a few neutral smoky looks and seen as I'm a beginner I didn't want to spend to much money. These eyeshadows are great, the colours are highly pigmented although as others have said a few are quite similar. They lasted on me all day without any primer although by about 5pm I did notice the colour had faded. Think I will purchase a primer and see if it helps with this. Colours were easy to blend and go well together which I think helped seen as I'm kind of starting out. Do get quite a bit of fall out which is probably my only complaint. For someone like me, who is just starting and is not very brave with colour, this is perfect. Total bargain for the price really and think I might buy more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first tried this, I didn't love it. I thought it was okay, but I wasn't using it much. I let it sit in my drawer for the longest time, pulling it out occasionally. I was going through my stash again about a month ago and decided to make myself try it again. Afterall, I think I spend about $10 on it! I started using it again and realized I do love! I don't wear dramatic looks, but I found that using UUPP that it amped up the colors, didn't crease, and lasts me all day long. I've put a pretty big dent in this palette in the last month! It's a great size to put in your purse for traveling also! When I use this up, I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I got this today, and have just been playing around with it this morning. So far, I'm very impressed with the quality and pigmentation of these shadows. I chose this palette in particular since it has alot of neutral shades that I think would work well for my skintone and can be easily transferred from day-to-night. There are three matte shades: white, dark chocolate brown and black, and the rest are of shimmer/satin finishes. No frosty shades which is such a BONUS, considering how much I hate them. The shadows are very velvety, and blend together effortlessly. I use a primer underneath to make sure they don't crease, as without one, I know they will. The packaging is very chic and compact. Would be nice to travel with as the two darker shades can transform your look from day-to-night pretty nicely and the large mirror comes in handy. My only complaint is that I find it a little difficult to open. I use the point of my tweezers to twist the opening and it helps, but I just find it inconvenient. Other than that, I LOVE this palette and am so glad I brought it! 5/5 from me! :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I bought this twice while putting off buying the Naked Palette (I had returned it once, cuz I was disappointed, but tried it again-trying to tell myself I don't need Naked). Good news, if Naked is too warm for you, this palette will be great for you. But for my NW20 skin, it feels too cool. I tend to prefer a slightly warmer/neutral eye look. I know I am cool, but I need warm to light up my face a bit. This palette is so, so cool, it just makes me look dull. I wish I had not waited so long so that I could still return it, but I waited too long so it goes in the graveyard. I am much happier with the Naked Palette.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great value. Very close to H/E eyeshadows. Just use UDPP or something similar and it will be great. Perfect for nude looks..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Lamb7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette.

I see reviews where people complain that it needs more color variety. In photos you can see that it's a neutral palette. So order a more colorful palette.

I see complaints of it not being perfect. This is not Dior, Guerlain, or YSL...although in most ways I think it's as good as MAC or MUFE.

I love all my NYX products. I think they're growing by leaps and bounds and I'm glad. :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ashunbabyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product everyday. It is such a great neutral palette. It contains a variety of browns/golds/taupe in shimmer and matte. Usually I wear a light brown in crease and a white in corner. Or I'd do an all over taupe if I'm feeling lazy. The matte brown and black are great for transforming a daytime look into a night look. The shadows blend well, have good pigmentation. I use it with my shadow insurance and it usually lasts all day. Definitely a must-have for beginners.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by asmith923

How does this product have any bad reviews? For us girls out there that have jobs and busy lives, this palette is perfect. The colors are similar, which is fine because they all work to give you a neutral eye that still stands out. I've gotten tons of compliments while using this palette.

And for the MAC snobs, I often use a MAC shade and a NYX shade for a single look, and the MAC shadows very often crease faster than these NYX shadows.

I will say that higher-ends brands do shimmer better. The really shimmerly colors sometimes give off flecks of shimmer versus a blended sheen look, but only when used right under slightly untamed browns.

Definitely a good product for the price, great for beginners and daytime, and you'll never feel like you've overdone your eye makeup.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by wandabee

I'm quite pleased with this pallette. I love how easy it is to make such beautiful smokey neutral looks, and the price point is very reasonable.

My only complaints are that the medium toned colors are very similar, and that the dark brown and white colors are fairly chalky. Other than that, the pigmentation is good, the staying power is good, and overall this is a lovely neutral pallette!

(N.B. Since I don't own the U.D. Naked pallette, I can't make completely accurate comparisons; however, the colors are fairly close to the ones in the naked pallette. The only difference I noted was that from the tester I tried at Sephora, the medium shades were more brilliantly metallic than the NYX shadows.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by hockeewmn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I thought the colors looked beautiful on the package. I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. The pigmentation is nice, and shadows have a nice texture. Some of the lighter colors need to be packed on a little more than the dark, but they were beautiful on. I didn't have much fallout, and they seemed to last quite a while with a primer. Overall, I would buy again, and even try the other colors. For the amount of product you receive, the price is excellent. I believe I paid about $10 for it at Ulta.