November 27, 2014 | 1427 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this product as a birthday gift from Sephora. I was excited to use it as my sister loves Fresh products and recommended them to me. I was relieved to get a smaller size to try as this product is actually quite expensive. I love how dewy and rosy my lips look but the product doesn't last very long. I'm aware that its a treatment but it feels like it stays on for 5 minutes:( Also the product is really soft and can break easily....not really good seeings how expensive it is! The smell is intoxicating and the colour is pretty but I couldn't ever justify purchasing this product, as the cost is not worth what you get in return.

I'll stick to my $5.99 rose salve that does the exact same job;)

EDIT: I purchased a Fresh bag from Sephora with a full sized Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatment, their Seaberry Moisturizer and the soy cleanser all in a cute Fresh cosmetic bag for $37. I purchased it because I wanted to try the soy cleanser. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually love the NORMAL size of the Sugar Rose lip balm better than the smaller sample which always broke. It gives me a nice subtle glow to my lips...again...don't like the price or how it doesn't last long... So I did repurchase even though I said I wouldn't... lol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whoever is in charge for marketing for Fresh should get a gold medal. I find their products consistently average at best, yet I'm still drawn to the packaging. I love the metal tubes of lip gloss, but the packaging is the best feature. The rose doesn't show up on my pigmented lips and it's not especially more moisturizing than Nivea lip balm. Save your $$ for something else, if you can resist the packaging :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LC2rd

So I have this in the Rose mini birthday set, which I had to request as this months gift is Benefit lashes. I had actually gone in and bought the Berry color, which I also did a review on. First off, yes they are really expensive and I feel really guilty that I purchased one. The only way that I will not feel guilty again is by using the tips I make at work, during the summer as I am at school, or special money times and also between the fact that I have given up buying and wearing any type of face makeup. Scary!! . However, I change between the Rose and Berry each day, and love them.

Honestly, I never noticed a difference in my chapped lips with Nivea Kiss of Moisture, which I used a thousand times over till it just fell apart one day while applying. It only made a difference while on my lips, and even then it was really waxy and when I rubbed my lips together I could feel my skin. Gross. So I tried Nivea Honey and milk for Colds chapstick, blarg!!! I had a reaction to it almost immediately and it tasted and felt awful on my lips. I've had Burts Bees, EOS, The Ever popular tinted lipbalms from the big houses of the drugstore, and only Burts Bees came close to comparing with this.

The Rose is very subtle on my already super pigmented lips. It gives a nice glow to them, but it is not super oily. I've heard people complain that it doesn't sink all the way into your lips. You never want a product to sink all the way in! The feel that is on your lips? That is a protective barrier so that your lips don't chap further. If it all sank in then the product would be silly and not work.

I have been using this for a week now and honestly I have no idea what people are talking about with the smooshing or breaking off. I twist mine up so its only just peeking out of the amazing casing, and push it into my lips. No melting, no breaking, no smooshing. I've also learned storing them in a fridge makes them go on differently. They pack more of a punch that way, and the chill on your lips will make you smile.

The lemon scent is a nice touch, delicious, and I have yet to feel my chapped lips come back even when I'm not wearing this stuff. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by MeikoSama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First got this as birthday sample from Sephora, then got another through buying the 6 miniset. These are hands down the best lip balms I've ever used, so moisturizing, makes my lips feel really soft. This shade gives a nice rosy tint that flatters my skin tone. It's pricy but not the worst (YSL's lip balms are $38 and aren't as moisturizing as these)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A friend gave me this product as a gift. While I must confess that the metal tube is quite pretty and sturdy, this has got to be one of the biggest scams out there for an over-priced lip product. I checked out the Fresh web-store and saw that this costs quite a hefty chunk of change. Then I looked at the ingredient list. Sadly, none of the ingredients provide adequate SPF protection, and the addition of citrus ingredients, which are known photo-sensitizers, seems utterly counterproductive in a cosmetic formulation. They really dropped the ball on this one. Basically, you are paying for a pretty package. The formula itself is too slick and slippery to last very long, so the moisturizing effect is minimal as well. Just totally shocked by this product, and not it a good way. Boo hiss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like a lot of people, I got this lip balm in the mini size as a birthday gift from Sephora. If I didn't get it for free (albeit slightly free as I did have to buy something from Sephora to cash in on my "free" birthday gift), I likely wouldn't have purchased it because Fresh products are insanely expensive. I think I bought a Fresh lipstick at some point and since that didn't wow me, I've never been tempted to try another product from the line.

Anyhow, this lip balm is pretty good. Nothing awesome or HG but it's nice. I prefer the rose tinted version to the plain version because, honestly, I have a zillion and one plain lip balms that are comparable and way cheaper. The rose lip treatment isn't overly rosey in the smell department. It's also fairly moisturizing but I haven't noticed any dramatic color payoff. One could likely get the same result using cherry Chapstick in both the moisturizing and color fronts. The one cool thing about this lip balm is its tube - it is made of some pretty sturdy metal and has a screw top so there's no worries that the top will come off in your purse or pocket. It's also pretty. Not $22 worth of pretty but pretty all the same.

I took this with me shopping just the other day and, unfortunately, a big chunk of it crumbled off when I went to apply it. I attribute that to it being in my pocket where it got a little melty but after reading other reviews, I think this probably would have happened at some point anyway. Kind of disappointed for a such a high priced products but I've yet to find any kind of lip product that swivels up that doesn't break off (wasting loads of product in the process) at some point.

Overall, this is a nice lip balm. Would I buy it at full price? Probably not because there's nothing amazing about it. As long as Sephora keeps doling this out for "free", I'll likely take advantage because it is decent enough, just not worth the crazy price tag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This balm came with my Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" set. I would call this an overpriced tinted chapstick. I like the smell and how it feels on my lips but it's very fragile. The balm has already broken up in the tube and it's so messy and I'm probably just going to end up throwing it away. This was an okay product by I'm not super impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunniee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I am absolutely in love with these lipbalms! I received the Rose color as a Sephora birthday freebie, and I now I've purchased four different colors! They make the lips so soft and silky, and give such a nice not-over-done hint of color! Great for those natural days where you just want to wake up the face with some color. I have Rose, Berry, Passion, and Honey. My favorite is definitely a tie between Rose and Passion, but I have been through two tubes of Rose. I also like that they have SPF in them since I live in Florida and I like the packaging- it's so sophisticated (but a bit bulky!).
If you are interested in trying these and not sure what color to purchase, I suggest getting one of Sephora's Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment mini sets. (Fresh Sugar also sales these on their website)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Greezi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a birthday gift from Sephora. I have to say I love it. The packaging is great, price could be better. It works wonderfully, way better than chap-stick and EOS. I would recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the most luxurious feeling lip balms I've ever tried. It glides onto my lips without any stick or greasy residue. Makes my lips feel soo plump and supple and leaves behind a gorgeous sheer red tint. The tube is also quite fancy looking compared to other balms out there. Would I buy this again? Maybe. The price just makes me cringe. It is worth it, but you can also very well find a lip balm of equal quality for a lower price value (ie korres lip butter).