Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

I'm not sure whether I'd repurchase this.

Pros: SPF 15, pretty (although faint) color, no weird taste

Cons: barely any color, doesn't seem to last any longer or do more than Chapstick

on 4/25/2013 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am addicted to their lip balms but can't rationalize spending $22.50 for tinted (awesome) chap stick. I've been looking for something comparable for when my current supply runs out and I think I found an answer with Bonniebell lipblush it's not the exact same but close. Same ingredients and less than $3!!

on 4/24/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lip blam is a total failure. It's only 65 degrees out and it's melting like crazy. No surprize it broke in the middle during my first glide on the lips. now it is a hot mess in a slick tube. What a waste of money. Smith rosebud salve is a much better rose lip balm and much cheaper.

on 4/23/2013 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I truly hate the taste of this. To me, it tastes like furniture polish. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Hate the balm stains and baby lips for the same reason. Blech.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why this product gets so many rave reviews. It dried my lips out to the point of peeling. At times it was like putting raw rubbing alcohol on my lips. :(

on 4/20/2013 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use several Fresh products and had high expectations for this lip treatment. I like the idea of a tinted lip balm with SPF, so this seemed to fit the bill. I chose the featured best-seller, Rosť. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. I am quite fair and I could barely see the tint. To add insult to injury, my lips did not feel at all moisturized. A double fail. I've now been using it over another plain lip balm, which weakens the color even more. Sadly, I won't be purchasing this product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really, really enjoy the feel of these balms, and this shade in particular. They are so luxurious, but the cost is prohibitive for me.

on 4/6/2013 12:27:00 PM

I have the minis of these that I got in a gift set. I like this color a lot, it looks very natural on my lips yet still gives them a tint. I also really like the texture of this on my lips. Smooth, a little bit waxy but not overly heavy. I also really like the smell, reminds me of green tea. My only gripe about these is that they are too expensive for lip balm.

on 3/30/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

With my mother being a huge fan of Fresh I've always been tempted to try one of their tinted lip balms because I'm a sucker for packaging and I'm always looking for as nice shade that has spf. I have to admit all their products are a bit pricey so luckily my with one of my mother's purchases she was given a sample.

I must say beyond the cute packaging I was completely disappointed with the product. The application stayed on on for about five minutes, the balm stick is mushy and seems to get all over the tube because any sort of pressure warps the straightness of the stick. And I must note this is not due to warm weather or me keeping it in my pocket.

Sadly but probably for the best I will not be purchasing any of their SUGAR lip care.

on 3/26/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, the texture of this balm is its only redeeming factor for me. Like the original Fresh lip treatment, is goes on like butter. It feels a bit thin on my lips, but it's not bad. I also love the packaging...it's high quality and pretty, like a high-end lipstick. However, it's not very moisturizing, and I can't stand the smell of any of the Fresh balms. They have a very citronella-like scent, sort of like a mosquito-repelling candle. I also have an issue with the "rose" tint in this version...it's sheer, but too bright for a tinted lip balm. It actually looks kind of cheap, IMO, and I can only pull it off on very rare occasions. For the price, I expected more - maybe more moisturization, maybe a more wearable tint...

Top Rated Lip Treatments